Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 06 2003
By: Sephiroth2290~ I Only Post Everything 1087 posts

Japan gets all the extras and what do we get?

25 replies 1 views Edited Dec 6, 2003
Japan has all the good stuff in FF and we get the crap!  Why does Japan get all the extras?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Re: Japan gets all the extras and what do we get?

Dec 6, 2003
Well, Japan makes the game. The U.S. version is usually tweaked to make it more playable and the original Japanese version, often time has bugs and glitches. They base the 2nd Japanese version on the tweaked U.S. release and so Japanese gamers will buy the game again, the reason the extras are added is self explanitory. Just be happy the Japanese even bring it here, they don't HAVE to contrary to what some gamers think, consider it enough to even be playing it. Do you know how much work and money is put into localization? especially for a Final Fantasy title.,

Message Edited by Sepultura998 on 12-05-2003 07:51 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8755 posts

Dec 6, 2003

Sephiroth2290 wrote:
Japan has all the good stuff in FF and we get the crap!  Why does Japan get all the extras?

Because we live in the U.S. (some of us) and if you don't like it tough, that's why there's imports.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Dec 6, 2003

,Sepultura998 wrote:
Well, Japan makes the game. The U.S. version is usually tweaked to make it more playable and the original Japanese version, often time has bugs and glitches. They base the 2nd Japanese version on the tweaked U.S. release and so Japanese gamers will buy the game again, the reason the extras are added is self explanitory. Just be happy the Japanese even bring it here, they don't HAVE to contrary to what some gamers think, consider it enough to even be playing it. Do you know how much work and money is put into localization? especially for a Final Fantasy title.,

Message Edited by Sepultura998 on 12-05-2003 07:51 PM

But what about stuff like KH Final Mix, FFX International, and HDD support for FFX-2?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Dec 6, 2003
We get the "originals" without the "extras" lol.,

Who doesn't like the originals?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4818 posts

Dec 6, 2003
Be happy we even get FF in the USA dude.,
"I am the way into the doleful city, I am the way into eternal grief, I am the way into a forsaken race. Justice it was that moved my great creator; divine omnipotence created me, and highest wisdom joined with primal love. Before me nothing but eternal things things were made, and shall last eternally. Abandon all hope, all you who enter"
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Dec 6, 2003

,Default User wrote:

I'm happy about that, but why do they always leave us out of the extras?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Dec 6, 2003

,Sephiroth2290 wrote:

i know why

thay do it to make us mad at them

darn them

grrrrrrrrrrr

Digimon!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3092 posts

Dec 6, 2003

,cozmo247 wrote:

,Sephiroth2290 wrote:

Because we live in the U.S. (some of us) and if you don't like it tough, that's why there's imports.

Hey, not many people here can fully speak and understand japanese...so imports are basically useless unless you it has an english version too!
Complete Final Fantasy Collection, and all beaten - next plz SE- My character - 75rdm/37blm http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?26362
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4818 posts

Dec 6, 2003

,Sephiroth2290 wrote:

,Default User wrote:

I'm happy about that, but why do they always leave us out of the extras?
Because they already work hard translating the text, voices(recently) to english. Give them a break dude.
"I am the way into the doleful city, I am the way into eternal grief, I am the way into a forsaken race. Justice it was that moved my great creator; divine omnipotence created me, and highest wisdom joined with primal love. Before me nothing but eternal things things were made, and shall last eternally. Abandon all hope, all you who enter"
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes