Aug 31 2012
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41469 posts

[JP] Final Fantasy Ultimate Box - FFI-XIII

7 replies 441 views Edited Aug 31, 2012

Quite the collection for PS fans...in Japan:

FFCollection

We have specifics on the Final Fantasy compilation set that Square Enix announced during today's Final Fantasy Gallery opening ceremony event.

A slide shown at the event revealed that the compilation will include thirteen games:

• Final Fantasy (PS1, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy II (PS1, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy III (PSP, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy IV (PS1, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy V (PS1, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy VI (PS1, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy VII International (PS1, 4 discs)
  • Final Fantasy VIII (PS1, 4 discs)
  • Final Fantasy IX (PS1, 4 discs)
  • Final Fantasy X (PS2, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy XI Vana Del Collection 2 (PS2, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy XII (PS2, 1 disc)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, 1 disc)

The compilation also includes some limited bonus items:

• Special anniversary video disc
  • Crystal ArtWorks -- an anniversary visual art collection
  • A two disc anniversary music selection CD
  • Final Fantasy XIV Mogu Mogu Earring item code
  • Mini replica of Amano FF 25th Anniversary visual and stand

All this for ¥35,000. Look for the Ultimate Box on December 18, exclusively through the Square Enix e-Shop.

Andriasang

Surprised they didn't include X-2 and XIII-2.  With III hitting the PSP this year, that puts all main releases having appeared on the PS platforms.

Message 1 of 8 (441 Views)
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Re: [JP] Final Fantasy Ultimate Box - FFI-XIII

Aug 31, 2012

let's see if it comes to the us. I think that a lot of people would like to get there hands on this on.

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Message 2 of 8 (438 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41469 posts

Aug 31, 2012
Someone on another board pointed this out but I find it entirely odd that FFVII's Int version was included but the Int versions for the other games weren't.

Message 3 of 8 (431 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7887 posts

Aug 31, 2012

I was unaware that III was hitting the PSP. It's nice to finally have it on a PS system (though I'm surprised it's not the Vita). And for those who don't fee like doing the legwork themselves, that's just under $450 USD. Considering all that you get, I don't think it's that bad of a price. I certainly wouldn't pay it right now, but I'm not much of a collector. I just want the games. Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Message 4 of 8 (429 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11248 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I just saw this myself. Final Fantasy III is the only FF that hasn't been on the Playstation brand and it would be nice to see it on the Vita. But I can't see paying $450 (give or take a few bucks) to get the collection and/or the PSP version.

I've got all the Playstation discs though. Smiley Very Happy Nice collection but I'm also still hoping to get some Versus XIII news. Sure I'm deluding myself at this stage of the game, but hey, what good is life without a few delusions?

Message 5 of 8 (426 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41469 posts

Sep 1, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

I just saw this myself. Final Fantasy III is the only FF that hasn't been on the Playstation brand and it would be nice to see it on the Vita. But I can't see paying $450 (give or take a few bucks) to get the collection and/or the PSP version.

I've got all the Playstation discs though. Smiley Very Happy Nice collection but I'm also still hoping to get some Versus XIII news. Sure I'm deluding myself at this stage of the game, but hey, what good is life without a few delusions?

Best thing that could happen is Square localizes 3 and puts it on the PSN so you can play it on PSP or Vita.  But seeing as we're still waiting on Type-0 localization news as well...HA! Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 8 (424 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7887 posts

Sep 1, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Best thing that could happen is Square localizes 3 and puts it on the PSN so you can play it on PSP or Vita.  But seeing as we're still waiting on Type-0 localization news as well...HA! Smiley Indifferent

Hey, if FF III winds up coming stateside on the PSP, there's still hope for Type-0! Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Message 7 of 8 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Final Boss
28705 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Going to do what I can to make sure I can import this. While the FF series is not what it used to be by any means these days, I'm still a sucker for anniversary box sets like this.

Message 8 of 8 (407 Views)
0 Likes