Jul 08 2003
By: _Yuna_~ I Only Post Everything 1230 posts

Is FF8 good?

42 replies 3 views Edited Jul 8, 2003

Hi, new to the boards, but not to ps2! sorry been offline cause qwest had a problem, so n e way--

I've been thinking about getting some more Final Fantasy games. I think i'll get FF9 for sure. i was thinking about gettin FF8, but alot of people have been telling me not to becauase it really, uh, sux. something about the battle, or whatever. Wat do u think i should do?

GAP member
Message 1 of 43 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8165 posts

Re: Is FF8 good?

Jul 8, 2003

,_Yuna_ wrote:

Hi, new to the boards, but not to ps2! sorry been offline cause qwest had a problem, so n e way--

I've been thinking about getting some more Final Fantasy games. I think i'll get FF9 for sure. i was thinking about gettin FF8, but alot of people have been telling me not to becauase it really, uh, sux. something about the battle, or whatever. Wat do u think i should do?

FF8 is good, but I prefer FF9 IMO it was better then FF8. O and thats cool writing lol.

Message 2 of 43 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
693 posts

Jul 8, 2003
u r crazy ff8 has 1 of the best sotory lines gameplay, if u dont mind the drawback system it is fun just takes a bit of getting used 2 if u have played preveous 1's
"...Was I created this way too?"
- Sephiroth from FF7
Message 3 of 43 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4534 posts

Jul 8, 2003

I have FF8 and I can tell you right here,it flat out rocks!

The storyline is awesome,one of the best out there....

Later Yuna!

Gamerguy15

OTR
Message 4 of 43 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14645 posts

Jul 8, 2003

_Yuna_ wrote:

The thing with FF games (and every other RPG for that matter) is that people's opinions on them are very, very different. I, personally, enjoyed FF8. It's well-made with a good story, pretty good characters and I really like the Junction system for magic. However, a lot of people don't like it, because to them the story is boring, the characters are cliche, and the Junction magic system is tedious. FF8 is also a lot lighter than FF7, it's not nearly as dark and depressing, and as a result it's not as deep (in my opinion anyway). I really liked FF8 though, it's fun and enjoyable, so hopefully you'll enjoy it as well.
Aeris lives!
Message 5 of 43 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
693 posts

Jul 8, 2003
couldnt agree more
"...Was I created this way too?"
- Sephiroth from FF7
Message 6 of 43 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9009 posts

Jul 8, 2003
,_Yuna_ wrote:

Welcome New Member!

I think it is one of the greatest games I haver ever played. I definately reccomend it.
Weekly Highlights #27 | Community News | New User Guide | Contact SCEA
Sony Technical Support: 1-800-345-SONY (1-800-345-7669)

PS.com Moderating Team: Member first, Moderator second.
The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of SCEA and are of a personal nature.
Message 7 of 43 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
277 posts

Jul 8, 2003
get them both and the japenise verson of 3 then u will be in good shape
Kuppo
Message 8 of 43 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Jul 8, 2003
Yeah! It's a cool game. But not as good as FF7 or FFX.
-A Space Pirate would die by the shock of seeing Samus!-
Message 9 of 43 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2718 posts

Jul 8, 2003
Final Fantasy VIII is the best Final Fantasy game I played.
Message 10 of 43 (3 Views)
0 Likes