I Only Post Everything
1433 posts

Re: If you could help create the next FF game...

Jul 2, 2003

Where to begin? First off, music has to be done by Nobuo Uematsu, who's done nearly all of it. Second, make it futuristic, but not too futuristic. A mix of old and new, like in 7.
Characters: Older cast. A group over the age of 25. That way you have a sense that the love between the main guy and main girl isn't some sort of "ooh, she's hot, I'm gonna pick her up" (eg. Zidane and Dagger). And each should have flaws. I don't mean flaws like "unknown past", and "shy". What about "killed an innocent man, and now wants to make ammends with the family he hurt by eradicating the forces of evil that put him up to it"?
Bring back the importance of chocobos, as your main method of transportation. But you can also get nifty vehicles for crossing oceans, or flying. The chocobos would be used like in 7 (again), where they reach the unreacheable.
The game has to be harder than they've been lately. Weapons should take off little damage, unless it's their ultimate weapon. And when you receive the ultimate weapon, keep it that way, no Excalibur 2, that is even more powerful than the Excalibur, which is more powerful than Save The Queen. One good weapon for each character.
The world map has to be BIG. A lot of travelling opportunities, so it won't get repetitive. And multiple storylines are a must. Not just guy saves girl. And minigames-a-plenty
Oooo, and make it risky, bring back the use of swearing in an RPG.
And for battles, probably one of the important parts of the game, use an improved ATB, and use a job wheel similar to that in Tactics.
CGs are good, but not so many that the beauty of them are lost. Enough to make it a FF. And the story should have a twist, like that of 7. Something that shocks you.

And NO ONLINE CAPABILITIES!!

Message 21 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Jul 2, 2003
too many similarities with 7 to stand out.
Message 22 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1433 posts

Jul 2, 2003
true. Probably doesn't help that I played the game before coming back here.
Message 23 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jul 7, 2003

ffX to easy???????????what??????

well i would make my ff game more fantasy based, graphics would b kik @$$ of course, and i would make a story simular to ff7 and X by havin the grl die and the boy to try and get her back in the next game..sooooooooo many ideas!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being alone is to be sad, to be sad is to be Angry, to be angry is to hate, to hate is to love, to love is to care, to care is to life, to life is to death, to death is to die, to die is to live, to live is to love to love is to hate, to hate is to be angry, to be angry is to be sad, to be sad is to be alone, to be alone is to be forgotten, to be forgotten is to be memory to be memory is to, Legend to be legend is to be myth, to be myth is to be vanished, to be vanished is to be unseen, to be unseen is to be, Forgotten to be forgotten is to be remembered to be remember is past, to be past is to be present to be present is to be future to be future is to dream to dream is to think to think is to learn to learn is to good to good is to evil to evil is to hell to hell is to heaven to heaven is to love to love is to hate to hate is to be alone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 24 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes