Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 22 2003
By: cozmo247~ Treasure Hunter 8755 posts

If you could help create the next FF game...

23 replies 1 views Edited Apr 22, 2003
If you could help create the next FF game, what would you make different about it? What would your FF game  have that the other ones didn't. What kind of characters would you have? What would your storyline be about? Would it be online? Would you be able to play w/ a friend? Tell me!
Message 1 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Re: If you could help create the next FF game...

Apr 22, 2003

,cozmo247 wrote:
If you could help create the next FF game, what would you make different about it? What would your FF game  have that the other ones didn't. What kind of characters would you have? What would your storyline be about? Would it be online? Would you be able to play w/ a friend? Tell me!

lets see compared to the last few FF games, how about a challenge. FF games are getting too easy and how about a bit longer as well. I'd like back to the roots FF and not like it was badly done in FFIX and no not online.
Formally chaynes...
Message 2 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15169 posts

Apr 22, 2003

,cozmo247 wrote:

The characters would be done like FF6 where you have alot to choose from and have a bunch of different story lines happening. Storyline would be like every other Final Fantasy game.....saveing the world while falling in love at the same time kind of deal but have it come to a conclusion in a different way. It wouldn't be online but you could play with friends only in battles like some of the previous FF games.
Message 3 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4306 posts

Apr 22, 2003

cozmo247 wrote:

what would you make different about it?

I'd reduce the number of cg shots, open it up into a more of a real time free flowing feel, and increase the places to explore.

cozmo247 wrote:

What would your FF game have that the other ones didn't.

Hmm... that's a tough one - maybe a time line sort of thing where the characters grow old and croak if one takes to long to finish the game or certain quests.

cozmo247 wrote:

What kind of characters would you have?

There would certainly be no animals or smurfs saving the world. yawn.

cozmo247 wrote:

What would your story line be about?

Another tough one since FF has covered just about everything. Perhaps a prehistoric story where the characters evolve into having the ability to cast spells, tame monsters etc.

cozmo247 wrote:

Would it be online?

Absolutely not; I wouldn't mind making it a multi disc DVD set to compete with some of the game hours spent in PC rpg / adventure games though.

cozmo247 wrote:

Would you be able to play w/ a friend? Tell me!

Sure, that would make it more fun... or perhaps over a lan.
Message 4 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3973 posts

Apr 23, 2003
I would like to see the next FF take place more in the future
Message 5 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3736 posts

Apr 23, 2003
if it's online, i'd want it to be free. And of course it would have to have a totally new systems of characters and battle systems which i'm not too ceative to think of right now...

~Conspiracy, the true meaning is to breathe together. The
will of the family is to keep each other breathing... the survival
of the kin is of upmost priority. That is my obligation to my family.~
Message 6 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7201 posts

Apr 23, 2003

,cozmo247 wrote:

I would like lots of melodrama, and a very sad ending.  The story line could be a little darker, and the main character cannot look anything like Tidus.  Cut the voice, do something different with the way battles are encountered, and add some blood during the battles (not a lot).  Also, I would like to only melee weapons, no balls, or guns. No online or multiplayer.  And bring back the Moogles and big heads!!!
Message 7 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Apr 23, 2003
i would do somethign along the lines of ff6, but take it further. square has ditched the censorship since those days, so i really think a game storngly rooted in ff6 would be best. i'd like the characters to be older again in that game, it leaves room for more. i'm tired of 16 year olds running around. that and no teenage romance. something mroe mature and actually complex within reason. the ff7 one was complex in a very weird way. but something more like what elly and fei had. or celes and locke....cecil and rosa. where you get a feeling of deep seated LOVE. in a really honest way. ya get what i mean? and NO online. ff is a personal journey. but what you could do, is like back in teh day of the snes, make it two player, you can split up the party. but that keeps it to one story. i just think ff needs to grow up a little. its getting poppy and teenagerish. more mature themes, like back in the day of ff4 and 6.
Message 8 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Apr 23, 2003

,chaynes wrote:

lets see compared to the last few FF games, how about a challenge. FF games are getting too easy and how about a bit longer as well. I'd like back to the roots FF and not like it was badly done in FFIX and no not online.
Its not that the game is easy, its just that they put to much power up weapons, just leave it where it was a long time ago....you know just like it was back then.....just story no.......max health 99999,,,, max damage 99999....knights of the round, Ultimate weapons.....To Much PowerUps = Easy Game.... IMO.
U R Not E
Message 9 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7201 posts

Apr 24, 2003
  I remembered something!  Bring back the junction system from FFVII.  It ruled.
Message 10 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes