bring the freaking rpg back. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Re: I want a worldmap and airship

Mar 4, 2010

just dont buy the game if you are not happy with it. im assuming ur talking ff13. just dont buy it then. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (16 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1784 posts

Mar 4, 2010

and i want a toilet made out of solid gold, but you dont always get what you want...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Mar 4, 2010

but yes i do agree with you i miss the world maps from 1 - 9 but its not all that bad if the rest makes up for it

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 4, 2010

leonhart9876 wrote:

just dont buy the game if you are not happy with it. im assuming ur talking ff13. just dont buy it then. 

There hasn't been an airship since FFIX (I'm pretty sure).  The removal of towns and levels is really really bad.  I'm going to buy the game because the music and graphics are excellent and it will be an enjoyable game.  BUT... with games like the highly aclaimed fallout 3 and oblivion, why can't we get a jrpg version with true exploration and adventure.  I had it 15 years ago on my SNES with FF2,FF3, and Chrono Trigger.  Dragon Quest 8 is one of the best rpgs ever made and it was fairly current on ps2.  I'm not here to doom/gloom.  I think FF13 will be fantastic in a cheezy AVATAR (movie) way where it is just superficial but we all still love it.  past FF titles were deep.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2062 posts

Mar 4, 2010

FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII had airships, you just couldn't manualy pilot them, you had to select specific locations.

FFXII was nearly completely open, you could go almost anywhere very early in the game.

WRPG does not equal JRPG and most people don't want them to be equal... (look at how many people complain about SE saying they might outsource FF to western developers)

In terms of story I wouldn't say the early final fantasies were deep ... they were pretty simplistic actually. I'm looking forward to XIII's story as it is supose to be pretty good.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 4, 2010

I've loved all FF. I haven't played 1 though 4 or the online but the rest i love.  Another game I loved was Dragon Quest 8. I haven't thought of that game in forever. Rented it once, never beat it, and never found it again. I can't recall if it was 7 or 8, was 8 the one where you travel to some parralel world and once you rescue it, it shows back up in the original world? And it all revolves around mirrors? I want to find it and beat it!

Anyways reason I posted was because I saw the post with Dragon Quest in it!

And it's fair to say we all miss airships where we can go anywhere but I can't say that I "missed" them in the previous installements of the series. There was so much to compensate for the loss of our beloved airships but I honestly didn't think of it much.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1179 posts

Mar 5, 2010

as long as i get the story that we all play it for, i don't care if i pilot bananas inside a hamster ball. viva la FFXIII  !!!!

-_`do or do not, there is no try`_- Yoda

-_ Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!_- Auron

-_Memories are nice, but thats all they are_- Rikku

-_Genius ,Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist_- Tony Stark
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5540 posts

Mar 5, 2010

Ben4point0 wrote:

who's with me?

bring the freaking rpg back. 

And here we start again...

----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (16 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Mar 5, 2010

I agree. This is why I am not supporting FF13. People keep saying "Everyone says they won't get it but they will". I am serious. I cannot take FF anymore. =l

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (16 Views)
0 Likes