Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
11018 posts

Re: I'm finding myself disappointed and bored.

Mar 11, 2010
I love the battle system. The only thing I wish they didn't include was the Auto-Battle. I wish it didn't even exist. It can (like you claim) make things too easy and boring if you're just mashing the same button. I know you can choose to not use it and just use Abilities but I don't think anyone should be able to use Auto-Battle. It's like training wheels. Maybe it's okay for the first 2 chapters but then it should be gone.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2508 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Yeh, autobattle makes the game too easy and simple.  It doesnt pick the right moves 100% of the time though.  Theres a group of enemies close to eachother and I clicked autobattle and it didnt even pick a larger area of effect attack.  Only ones that hit one.  I guess its there to get rid of the weaker enemeis quicker and to attract different types of players to this game.  Battle system is very complex and the enemies do become harder.  Fight your first wyzern or Scalebeast.  Only in chapter 6 too.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1727 posts

Mar 11, 2010

I ended up putting Dragon Age back into the console. So, yes - I was both disappointed and bored. I couldn't believe I had played a FF game for an hour and done nothing but press "X." Also, the game has yet to "feel" like Final Fantasy. Where is the classic post-battle music? Where was the classic Final Fantasy intro music?

Very confusing opening cinematic. Visually stunning, sure. But poor in the storytelling department. I'm sure I'll get around to putting it back in sooner or later, but as of now Dragon Age is a far more compelling game.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1727 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Jerry-Boyle wrote:

Yeh, autobattle makes the game too easy and simple.  It doesnt pick the right moves 100% of the time though.  Theres a group of enemies close to eachother and I clicked autobattle and it didnt even pick a larger area of effect attack.  Only ones that hit one.  I guess its there to get rid of the weaker enemeis quicker and to attract different types of players to this game.  Battle system is very complex and the enemies do become harder.  Fight your first wyzern or Scalebeast.  Only in chapter 6 too.

This is what annoys me. The FF series has sold 90+ games worldwide. Why are they making a game that is so noob friendly it is turning off the veterans of the series? With 90 million sales, are they that desperate for new customers that they are willing to compromise signature characteristics of the series? I guess I already know that answer.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (1 View)
Uncharted Territory
1936 posts

Mar 11, 2010

The developer of the battle system said in a trailer on PSN, that if you take your time to master it then you will enjoy it more. So stop just spamming the X button, explore the battle system and have fun.

When you first picked up Final Fantasy VII and used materia I bet you didn't know all the awesome combos that you could make right off the bat! Explore the battle system like you would explore the world!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1730 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Simco876 wrote:

The developer of the battle system said in a trailer on PSN, that if you take your time to master it then you will enjoy it more. So stop just spamming the X button, explore the battle system and have fun.

When you first picked up Final Fantasy VII and used materia I bet you didn't know all the awesome combos that you could make right off the bat! Explore the battle system like you would explore the world!

You can't explore the world. It's linear.

And you can learn and explore as many new spells and abilities you want. This doesn't change the fact that the computer gets to actually play with them while you watch.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1936 posts

Mar 11, 2010

X-Pandemonium-X wrote:

Simco876 wrote:

And you can learn and explore as many new spells and abilities you want. This doesn't change the fact that the computer gets to actually play with them while you watch.

Do you not get to explore the world towards the end of the game?

Thats the battle system they made, you have to live with it. If you don't like it, don't play the game. Complaining about it won't make the game change any. Learn to master it and you might learn to enjoy it

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
278 posts

Mar 11, 2010

id rather have a nice big open world map to explore and not and straight path. i feel like this game has been streamlined to cater to newbs. it doesn feel like ff at all. i cant connect with the characters at all. it lacks a concept called closure which is where your imagination subconsciously fills in gaps that wether you realize or not makes you feel like you know the characters. i.e. you use a tent in ff vi. eiher intentionally or subconciously you imagine what occurs during the camping event. this folks is where roleplaying comes in. the player lacks omniscience in xiii so all the emotional imaginary bonds fail to create leaving you apatheic of the plight. then again im only on ch.5 and lightning is a babe.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1730 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Simco876 wrote:

X-Pandemonium-X wrote:

Simco876 wrote:

Do you not get to explore the world towards the end of the game?

Thats the battle system they made, you have to live with it. If you don't like it, don't play the game. Complaining about it won't make the game change any. Learn to master it and you might learn to enjoy it

You're right, I'm sorry. Thank goodness they let us explore at the end of the game.

If we couldn't state our opinion there wouldn't be a forum. I'm not saying I'm not going to play the game because of it's flaws. I'm just stating what I think the game's biggest weaknesses are. This is obviously a huge transition from past titles. You had to expect some disgruntlement towards the game. We're all Final Fantasy fans after all, right? So why not say what we think?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Not using the auto-battle, at least for me, gives you very little time to decide what to do. I'm sorry that I'm not one of those people that wants to "master" something for 30 hours before getting to the real game.

I like a relaxed gameplay for FF games that I use my brain rather than the how quickly I can create sequences and how quickly I can kill a boss. If you are going to use "real-time" then allow the person to stop and think for a second.

That's why I liked ff12. It was real-time but gave you the option to stop and think if you had to. And why I liked a few of the previous FF titles because you can make the battle go semi-real time (like actions keep going if you just sit there and do nothing, you die) that require you to think a lot faster. But give you the option of not doing that if you don't want to.

I don't have ADD or ADHD so I can't keep up if I don't occassionally use the auto.

Also, it's just as boring if you have to tediously pick things everytime in a screen that's not as user friendly as a traditional menu screen.

I'm just saying. And let the "you're just stupid and not proficient of games" comments commence. But that's the truth.

(Side note: Also, I LOVE FPS's. It's not that. It's that FF13 took the FPS style, which the don't totally understand, and mixed it with an Eastern RPG.)

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (1 View)
0 Likes