Mar 11 2010
By: X-Pandemonium-X Uncharted Territory 1730 posts

I'm finding myself disappointed and bored.

22 replies 21 views Edited Mar 11, 2010

Does anyone else think the new battle system in XIII is ridiculously boring? After a few hours of gameplay, I'm finding myself sick of it already. The battle system is the worst I've seen from any FF game. There's no actual strategy or skill needed, and the fights are all equally easy. The automatic party members are a horrible addition, and now they've even added an auto-attack?

What happened to selecting spells, utilizing abilities and developing strategies for big fights? It doesn't even feel like a RPG. :l

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (21 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1226 posts

Re: I'm finding myself disappointed and bored.

Mar 11, 2010

I agree I don't like the combat either.  And I really don't like that fact it's game over if the main character dies. I was really hoping to sink my teeth into a good RPG here but it falls short

----------------------------------------------------------------
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1816 posts

Mar 11, 2010

threwout the game you will need skill, it gets hard by the end of chapter3 when you face your first edion, you need skill to take out bosses too,.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Mar 11, 2010

X-Pandemonium-X wrote:

Does anyone else think the new battle system in XIII is ridiculously boring? After a few hours of gameplay, I'm finding myself sick of it already. The battle system is the worst I've seen from any FF game. There's no actual strategy or skill needed, and the fights are all equally easy. The automatic party members are a horrible addition, and now they've even added an auto-attack?

What happened to selecting spells, utilizing abilities and developing strategies for big fights? It doesn't even feel like a RPG. :l

I like it, yeah it can get kind of boring after fighting the same guys over and over (chapter 4, at times) but I think it's a good mix between the old turn-based and the newer one in ff12.

What I am upset about after winning the battles; the normal song playing isnt their. That's been in every FF game i've played. I can't remember if it was in FF10 or 12, but it was in FF6,7,8.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Mar 11, 2010
I think it will just take some time to get used to the differences. Apparently as you progress further it gets more challenging.
Ches-ka on http://thetester.com/

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/theCheska
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Mar 11, 2010

ap6ehw wrote:

threwout the game you will need skill, it gets hard by the end of chapter3 when you face your first edion, you need skill to take out bosses too,.

Meh, no such thing as a difficult game on a console.

Also, I agree OP. I'm not far in the game at all but the entire time I played, it was just walk, encounter, spam X and repeat. Maybe it will get better later but I somehow doubt it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4047 posts

Mar 11, 2010

To the OP, did you get to chapter 3 yet?

vincej25
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1816 posts

Mar 11, 2010

VinceJ25 wrote:

that is were u had promblems i rember =) XD oh and odin was CAKE! gothim on second try

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4047 posts

Mar 11, 2010

ap6ehw wrote:

VinceJ25 wrote:

that is were u had promblems i rember =) XD oh and odin was CAKE! gothim on second try

haha yea it was  :smileytongue:

I got used to it after a while though, and I also 1 shotted Odin and the boss at the end of Ch5

vincej25
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1730 posts

Mar 11, 2010

I've gotten past Chapter 3 and easily completed the first Eidolon battle. All you had to do was set the Paradigm to a defender role, then again spam the auto-attack.

I just feel that every fight is the exact same, whether it be different types of mobs or a boss encounter. Like I said, I miss choosing attacks and having to figure out how to beat a boss. Remember having to actually manually cure and buff party members? This new system doesn't utilize user controls at all.

Even XII let you jump between characters if you needed to access a specific gambit.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes