Jul 13 2003
By: linda092~ First Son 2 posts

I NEED HELP WITH CEREBUS IN GALBADIA GARDEN! FFVIII

22 replies 4 views Edited Jul 13, 2003
Maybe I'm just stupid and am overseeing something easy, but I can't seem to beat Cerebus! Im at level 46 and STILL need help! I have Zell and Rinoa in my group with me. When I start I have all of them use GF's Ifrit, Shiva, and Siren. Still everytime Cerebus uses Triple and takes away LOTS of hp with Thundaga. Then he'll use Silence and I'm all out of potions, since I used them all. There isn't a shop around either! PLEASE HELP ME!!! I've been running in circles around Cerebus trying to build up my level and gain abilities for my GF's! Please help!! At this rate the game will bore me! Thanks in advance!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Re: I NEED HELP WITH CEREBUS IN GALBADIA GARDEN! FFVIII

Jul 13, 2003

Dude! use dispel on him when he uses triple on himself. Draw triples and use them on yourself, so when he does anything to all of your party, one of your party and use triple esuna or w-ever. Use your GF's too.. Also use the boost abilty for your GF's, you know how to use it?

Message Edited by Kuzu Ryu Sen on 07-13-2003 07:40 PM

Message Edited by Kuzu Ryu Sen on 07-13-2003 07:41 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Jul 13, 2003

,linda092 wrote:
Maybe I'm just stupid and am overseeing something easy, but I can't seem to beat Cerebus! Im at level 46 and STILL need help! I have Zell and Rinoa in my group with me. When I start I have all of them use GF's Ifrit, Shiva, and Siren. Still everytime Cerebus uses Triple and takes away LOTS of hp with Thundaga. Then he'll use Silence and I'm all out of potions, since I used them all. There isn't a shop around either! PLEASE HELP ME!!! I've been running in circles around Cerebus trying to build up my level and gain abilities for my GF's! Please help!! At this rate the game will bore me! Thanks in advance!!!!!

Remember the Ice Hockey rink in the Galbadia Garden? It's not to far away from you. Train there. You get easy EXP and you get alot of Hi-Potions from the hockey enemies. I trained there until I was level 100. Which wasn't long at all. After you train there for awhile, try and take on Cerberus, if you still have some trouble, tell me, and I'll try and give a strategy.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jul 13, 2003

,The_Game_Guru wrote:

,linda092 wrote:

Remember the Ice Hockey rink in the Galbadia Garden? It's not to far away from you. Train there. You get easy EXP and you get alot of Hi-Potions from the hockey enemies. I trained there until I was level 100. Which wasn't long at all. After you train there for awhile, try and take on Cerberus, if you still have some trouble, tell me, and I'll try and give a strategy.
Yep, ypu nearly always fight 3-4 at once and theyre easy to beat
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jul 13, 2003

Double Post O_O

Message Edited by Kuzu Ryu Sen on 07-13-2003 07:47 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Jul 13, 2003
One GF will save you... CARBUNCLE! If Ceberus dispels the reflect do it again designate one character to be the carbuncle guy. And DON'T USE RINOA! Quistis is so much better!
"Next we go to Kilika temple"-Yuna
"Hell no we're goin to K-Mart"-Zofobork bringer of bacon
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20695 posts

Jul 13, 2003

,The_Game_Guru wrote:

,linda092 wrote:

Wait, what's the point of leveling up again? I thought all of your opponents leveled up as you did?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jul 13, 2003

,sephiroth747 wrote:
One GF will save you... CARBUNCLE! If Ceberus dispels the reflect do it again designate one character to be the carbuncle guy. And DON'T USE RINOA! Quistis is so much better!

*SLAP!* Rinoa >> Quistis
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not the person who said anything about leveling up
Use card on all your enemies so you dont get exp. and your gf's will get AP! That's another good strategy...Another hint: Don't level up if you don't equip the bonuses.
"Next we go to Kilika temple"-Yuna
"Hell no we're goin to K-Mart"-Zofobork bringer of bacon
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Jul 13, 2003

,VII Says Goodbye wrote:

,The_Game_Guru wrote:

,linda092 wrote:

Wait, what's the point of leveling up again? I thought all of your opponents leveled up as you did?

No, the GFs and Bosses level up as you do. But you may find it easier when you are stronger. Plus, training at the Ice Rink gets you ALOt of Hi-Potions. When I was done i had 100 (I had to keep tossing away the extras) Plus, it will also level up your GFs. Which usually allows you to junction more. Trust me, I wouldn't tell him to level up for no reason.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes