Nov 24 2003
By: Rafedx Ghost of Sparta 15169 posts

Hardest Final Fantasy.....monster!

31 replies 2 views Edited Nov 24, 2003

and no I dont want any Bosses listed in here. I just want the hardest normal monster in a Final Fantasy game.....in my opinion....

The Gheist from Final Fantasy 1, only because he likes to stun my party members then beat the snot out of them. This was really tough when you needed to *spoiler* goto the marsh cave to get the crown, and you had to go through that white crap to get there....stupid Gheist!

Message 1 of 32 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Re: Hardest Final Fantasy.....monster!

Nov 24, 2003

Rafe wrote:

and no I dont want any Bosses listed in here. I just want the hardest normal monster in a Final Fantasy game.....in my opinion....

The Gheist from Final Fantasy 1, only because he likes to stun my party members then beat the snot out of them. This was really tough when you needed to *spoiler* goto the marsh cave to get the crown, and you had to go through that white crap to get there....stupid Gheist!

Marlboro FF8... and other FFs too
Message 2 of 32 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2804 posts

Nov 24, 2003

,Gringita709 wrote:

,Rafe wrote:

Marlboro FF8... and other FFs too

Yeah that was the hardest for me too...Damn you Bad Breath!
Message 3 of 32 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1950 posts

Nov 24, 2003
Behemoth dunno y but they dun just like me lol
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 4 of 32 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Nov 24, 2003

Hmm one annoying monster would have to be Toneberrys from Final Fantasy VIII.

These little green ghosts were time consuming. 

First off for the average player they had HP that was all the way up in the ten thousandths place (Enemy's level depended on Squall's level).  So it could take about a good 3-4 minutes to defeat one.  One of the fastest way to kill one would be to summon "Diablos". 

Second they had some devestating moves.  The one move that did alot of damage was "Everybody's Grudge".  This move took the number of kills that the target had, and multiplied it by 20 to determine the damage delt.

Third the battle rewards with these weren't great considering the amount of time it could take to defeat one.  You were awarded with 0 exp (Which is a gift in Final Fantasy VIII), 1 AP, and possibly 1 Chef's Knife (I think those can refine into a number of death spells, but Its been awhile).

The one funny thing about them was when they would fall over.

**Spoils**
With all of this said it was really tedious to get the King Tonberry gaurdian force, because you had to defeat twenty toneberrys at the "Centra Ruins" before he would show up with his big burger king crown.

Message 5 of 32 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2941 posts

Nov 24, 2003
probably marlboro's, but I'm not sure.  Haven't played in a while.
Message 6 of 32 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8971 posts

Nov 24, 2003

,Rafe wrote:

Malboros are hard, and VERY cheap IMO.
-------------------------------------------------------------
AIM sn: PM me is you really want it.
>xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx
Message 7 of 32 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22289 posts

Nov 24, 2003

,Rafe wrote:

First monster that came to mind was Malboro, and apparently everyone else had the same idea. So...I'll just have to go with Master Tonberry. I like fighting him, because he's such an odd enemy, but he's still difficult nonetheless. There were a couple of enemies near the end of Final Fantasy X I hated fighting because they had annoying counterattack moves, so I never tried to fight them, so whether they're actually difficult or not, I don't know.

Message 8 of 32 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2804 posts

Nov 24, 2003

,VII Says Goodbye wrote:

,Rafe wrote:

First monster that came to mind was Malboro, and apparently everyone else had the same idea. So...I'll just have to go with Master Tonberry. I like fighting him, because he's such an odd enemy, but he's still difficult nonetheless. There were a couple of enemies near the end of Final Fantasy X I hated fighting because they had annoying counterattack moves, so I never tried to fight them, so whether they're actually difficult or not, I don't know.

Are you talking about Demonolith, the one that looks like a fossil?
Message 9 of 32 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Nov 24, 2003
definitely malboro
Message 10 of 32 (2 Views)
0 Likes