Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 14 2003
By: Hikerakashiya~ Hekseville Citizen 319 posts

Going to play FFT again... Any pointers? Im pretty rusty since I havent played in a very long time

10 replies 12 views Edited Jul 14, 2003

Topic

Also how can I go about doing this:

- All unique characters kept. That means all your 16 character slots will be
filled to the brim with: Ramza, Rad, Alicia, Lavian, Boco, Agrias, Mustadio,
Rafa, Malak, Orlandu, Meliadoul, Beowulf, Worker 8, Reis, Cloud, and the
"Byblos". A character is "unique" if you can go to it's name in the formation
screen and they say something.

THANKS!

---Official Gamer Advisory Panel Member---
~Final Fantasy XI Beta Tester~
~Monster Hunter Beta Tester~
~Battlefield: Modern Combat Beta Tester~
~Jak X Combat Racing Beta Tester~

"How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist..."
-Vivi Ornitier
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
366 posts

Re: Going to play FFT again..

Jul 14, 2003

,Hikerakashiya wrote:

Topic

THANKS!

My advice is too immidiatly drop dead weight members from your party. Anyone with low brave or faith should get the boot right away. Go to the soldier office and keep requesting a recruit until you get somebody with decent brave of faith levels (the highest # you'll get at the soldier office is 70). Next, i try to diversify my party quick and even though its tough to manage in the beginning I make a priest as soon as I can. As far as keeping the unique characters...I can't remember who, but I think at least one of them leaves no matter what you do. By the time I found all of them, I had already grown attached to my "regular" characters since I had been leveling them for so long. I'd much rather keep the ones I put work into than the ones they force on me. Have fun!

FFXI:
Dobbs, Lvl 20 Hume BLM
Kujata Server
LS: TribeofKain, Immortals
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3736 posts

Re: Going to play FFT again... Any pointers?

Jul 14, 2003

Hikerakashiya wrote:

Topic

THANKS!

i actually decided to play it over too, i guess all that i wood say to give tips is mix and match the abilities to which suit the characters best...if u got any specific questions (doesn't seem like u would b/c u've beaten it) pm me and i'll get more detailic.

~Conspiracy, the true meaning is to breathe together. The
will of the family is to keep each other breathing... the survival
of the kin is of upmost priority. That is my obligation to my family.~
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
319 posts

Re: Going to play FFT again

Jul 15, 2003

How do I keep all of the guest characters and keep them. I know Delita leaves, but how do you keep the rest you find? Not get recuirts and keep spaces empty?

-Vivi Ornitier
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Re: FFT replay

Jul 15, 2003
Well Boco is a problem since he reproduces Chocobos like crazy. Your going to have a lot of fun deleting Chocobo eggs.  I also think Malak is dead weight. Who needs a spellcaster with no faith? At least Rafa's low brave makes her worth keeping around for move-find item, and her high faith makes her a decent spellcaster.  That gives you at least two free chracter slots if you knock them off the list.  But if youa re serious about this, you need to get out of Chapter 1 quick. Delete all but four companions and only power up to your enemy's level or so, you don't want to waste a  lot of time on chars you aren't going to use.  And you need to get through to Goug Machine City quickly too in Chapter 2 to get Mustadio and have four members whoare going to be part of your end team.  At that point, you can finally slow down and level up. And you'll need it with what battles come after that. 
RIP PSMVP StuTDavis
RIP Gaming Lounge

Ex-mvp Guru25
Current games: Beyond the Beyond
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
319 posts

Re: Going to play FFT again...

Jul 16, 2003

THANKS!

Now how should I go about my party? I mean you said about deleated characters and such but who and when and who should I start out with? When can I first get my basic party of guest characters and not have to worry about recuirts? I want to make sure before I start playing. I want to be able to get everyone.

Message Edited by Hikerakashiya on 07-15-2003 10:41 PM

-Vivi Ornitier
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (12 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7196 posts

Going to play FFT again... Any pointers? Im pretty rusty since I havent played in a very long time

Jul 16, 2003

I haven't played it forever as well.  I should be like you and play it again!  I need pointers too!

Wakka333Blitzer

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Going to play FFT again

Jul 16, 2003
ok for those who need pointers/tips/opinions

ON REPLAYING THE GAME ONLY THIS DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
1. The monk class works well with Razma's abilities
2. Calculators are more likely to hit you than the enemy
3. Dont bother with the heaven/hell brother and sister they both are bad, And their skills are incredibly unreliable (see number 2)
4. if you must have a chocobo capture a red one and be prepared the crush eggs alot.
5. In the very late game dont bother with agrias or the green lady (i forget her name) Cid rules all.
6. Beowulf is one of the best characters and makes a decent replacement for Mustudio since Mustudio only has 3 unique skills
7. Beowulf's girlfriend is fun but usless
8. Cloud is the most powerful character in the game if you have the patience to train him and find him.
9. Always have a chemist! Always! you never know when a healers MP will run out
10. Mediators are underratted their faith/brave boosts are permenent and equip gun is a useful ability
11. Use poach on rare animals (dragons hydra's etc.)
12. When attacking with a lancers jump your hit will be successful everytime if the target's atb gauge is under 30.
13. Dancers and bards are a challenging waste of time but if youre interested: for dancers train a female soldier in all the non magic jobs up to job level 6 for a bard train a male soldier in all the magical jobs until job level 6.
14. In chapters 3 (very late in this chapter) and 4 if you run into chemists in a random battle you can and should steal thier magic guns they are very powerful and are only otherwise carried by bosses (who are much more difficult to steal from)

15. Participate and do well in the proposition quests they are the key to unlocking a certain previously mentioned ff7 character

Message Edited by TifaLockhart on 07-16-2003 01:42 AM

Message Edited by TifaLockhart on 07-16-2003 01:43 AM

------------------------------------------------------------
I refuse to have a sig so there! :smileytongue:
Wait thats this thing isn't it?
Doh!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Re: Going to play FFT again... Any pointers?

Jul 16, 2003

,Hikerakashiya wrote:

Topic

THANKS!

When I played this game, I always got frustrated with it. It sucks when you run into a random battle when you don't want to. Chances of running into one are about 50% when you're on the green nodes, and then it takes a while. Plus, enemies level up with you, and the higher your levels, the more powerful the enemies and subclasses of enemies. Oh, I can give you some advice, though. When you run into a random battle and find a human enemy out there, chances are that they have a very valuable weapon/armor/accessory that can be stolen. Always keep a thief in the party. That's all I can recommend. Oh, and one more thing, have 3 Squires for every 2 Chemists. Chemists are too weak to be of any use when fighting, although they do have an inherent Throw ability. Squires, on the other hand, have "Basic Skills," which come in very handy. Basically, it's all up to you. And don't focus to much on levelling up one person.

Now, about unique characters, I always thought a character was unique if you acquired them through some point in the storyline or a sidequest, aside from the characters that you start with at the beginning of the game. Like Rad, for example, although he is a Squire and doesn't have any special skills in his base job, he is acquired through part of the storyline. The same goes for Alicia and Lavian.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Jul 17, 2003
Yes, and what makes Rad, Lavian and Alicia stand out, is they say something when you highlight their names with the select button. and all other basic characters just say "......"
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (12 Views)
0 Likes