Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online vs Playstation Home

May 30, 2013

... whm for me!!

Always must start off as whm... with black and summoner and bard for sub jobs!

... of course im going the vana'diel memories in my head!!

JERS talk to us... what can be done

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 71 of 995 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1119 posts

May 30, 2013
Maining BLM and SCH day one
 photo Yang gif.gif
Message 72 of 995 (256 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1204 posts

May 30, 2013

WHM & DRG here. And Kitty, if you thought I was saying 13 days was worthless or something, that totally isn't the case. I think 13 days is extremely generous and is 12 days more than I expected, honestly.

Message 73 of 995 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 30, 2013

TrickedOutHoro wrote:

WHM & DRG here. And Kitty, if you thought I was saying 13 days was worthless or something, that totally isn't the case. I think 13 days is extremely generous and is 12 days more than I expected, honestly.

Ah ok the way it was phrased did kinda give that impression :smileyhappy:

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 74 of 995 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013
God Vana'diel was one heck of an experience lol. I excelled at Thief job class on it more than any other job, but I've always been partial to anything involving archery XD.

Might try and switch things up this time around....

Finally got vid to worrrk lol forum does not like my phone. Yeah if those are the Job Classes available its gonna be Monk or Dragoon most likely.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 75 of 995 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2213 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

Bri.. visit playground, the bowling alley and other certain areas...

If the social element there isnt classified as role play i dont know what is :smileywink:

But you have that choice. You don't HAVE to play those rolls if you don't want to. For example, Home isn't built as a street gang MMORPG, so you don't have to enter that environment to play home. They did a pretty good job of making options available for everyone. So if I just want to hang and chat with friends, I can. My point is FF XIV doesn't replace home for me. It's just a different game.

Message 76 of 995 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1119 posts

May 31, 2013

I'm going to have 3 characters:

A male lala primarily for mage classes.

A male hyur that focuses on rougish type and archery classes.

And a female roegadyn since I will make her look pretty as she drills into mobs with her polearm....that sounded a bit sexual but anyways pure minds will understand what I mean.

photo Yang gif.gif
Message 77 of 995 (212 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

May 31, 2013

Final Fantasy XIV Phase 3 PS3 Beta Testing Begins JUNE 14th!

http://pure-newshome.com/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-beta-phase-3-to-begin-on-14th-june/

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 78 of 995 (183 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

May 31, 2013
Thank god. Only two weeks left and should know by then if allowed into Beta by then hopefully. One way or another I'm gonna work a bow and arrow on there. *things that make me happy when the air conditioning is broken and it's 88 degrees outside*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 79 of 995 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
189 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

I'm not going to argue this. Just going to say it once. It's just an opinion.

I know several of my Home friends who spend MORE than 10-15$ a month on Home. There's lots of others who do this as well. And what do we get for it? Hmm? Do our servers seem really that consistant? I constantly see store errors, game errors and home in general errors. YOU get what you pay for. And although Home faithfuls might spend a lot on Home there's TONS of other people who are content with just buying 'a' outfit and riding off of reward items. If you like to decorate and socialize, then I don't suggest FFXIV to you. It's a GAME. You actually have to play. I play Home. When Home doesn't have any interesting games or events. I'm not on Home. And if you aren't willing to pay for a service that constantly updates for one singular price rather than the random price gouging on Home then you didn't really want to play it. IMO. But I will say I do like the Guild Wars style of payment as well I see no problem with P2P. I would rather P2P and earn my clothing/gear and furnishings than buy them. Over and over. A

nything on Home you have to buy, and anything that's free is lackluster and not worth the work. I like Home. I like decorating. But when you realize you keep paying for a service that doesn't work properly.. It gets old. I guess I've hit my limit with Home and I originally bought my PS3 just for FFXIV! So, of course I'm excited. And I don't expect a lot of my Home friends to follow. And that's okay! You like what you like. But I definitely don't think it was a wrong move to be P2P.  FFXIV is going to be populated with a lot of people around the world.(No seperation) I want the server to be able to handle it and will gladly pay for it. I don't want a random error in the middle of a hard boss fight. (And sometimes I really don't think people realize how exspensive developing,animation, sound and servers ACTUALLY cost.)

:cattongue: 

Edit: And I agree with Brises. Although they have similiar aspects I don't consider them in the same ball game either. You will get more overall avatar customization from Home. FFXIV's base characters will all look different but we will all probably be using the same gear. And there will be events where it'll be hard to type and play. So, I consider it more of a video game MMO while Home is an avatar, dress up type of game.. Like, Gaia/Second Life/IMVU. (Sims?) 

Oh, and I'll be playing on Selbina server. Not sure which job yet actually. I usually play a mage which is why I'm thinking of being a fighter this time around. And will probably be a Lalafell or Miqote. I havent..decided.. :mansad:

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 80 of 995 (169 Views)