0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
996 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online vs Playstation Home

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

bleachhero00 wrote:
by ignistello on reddit:

It seems after you have finished your company quest(~level 20), you can instant level 15 by talking to these NPCs as the correct class.

Swaenhylt in Camp Drybone(Eastern Thanalan) for Thaumaturge

Wihtred in Hyrstmill(North Shroud) for Conjurer

Aniud in Hawthorne Hut(East Shroud) above the town for Lancer

Chechezan in Horizon Camp(Western Thanalan) for Gladiator

Zacheus in Little Solace (East Shroud) for Archer

Urswyrst in Moraby Drydocks(Lower Noscea) outside gate near Chocobo Porter for Marauder

Adelard at the South Hammer(Western Thanalan)(20,27) for Pugilist

Also once your level 26 and completed the Toto-Rak dungeon, you can level your character again to level 29 by talking to the guy outside your grand company station.

I've done my company quest and talking to Swaenhylt did absolutely nothing. smile_confused.gif I'm currently at Level 23.

Message 752 of 995 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1121 posts

Jul 10, 2013

You have to finish the grand company quest then talk to these other npcs as the dedicated class.

photo Yang gif.gif
Message 753 of 995 (244 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33324 posts

Jul 10, 2013

so what servers are you guys on again?

im going to make a new character to play with for the next few days, and might as well make it on a server most of you are on.

im thinking of making a sexy elf mage. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 754 of 995 (239 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
996 posts

Jul 10, 2013

You can find me on Goblin. smile_cool.gif (Nathaniel Dragonius)

Message 755 of 995 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1121 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Can find me on Leviathan. (Umbros Alexanderson, Dracin Alexanderson or Tsukiumii Tachibana)

photo Yang gif.gif
Message 756 of 995 (229 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
996 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

I have to say, I'm impressed on how it handles freezes. :manvery-happy: So... I used the Duty Finder (which is quite slow by the way) and managed to get into a Tam-Tara duty. It was a pretty standard party (archer, tanks, healer) and we were almost to the boss. There are several enemies on the screen (which I was hitting from a distance) and the two fighters were doing their thing. Suddenly, it just completly freezes (frozen screen, PS button unresponsive, music still going, you know the usual freeze) and I had to turn off my PS3 (three beeps of course). Fortionly, I didn't have to go through that dreaded hour long restore scren and was able to start up the game within a minute or two. I log-in... thinking that I was going to lose everything I did in the dungeon and that the party would have been disconnected. The not up-to-date character model it showed before getting back in worried me, but I was presently surprised. I get back in to find all the enemies gone, the party further up ahead, my character exactly where I left him, and even a chest for me to plunder. The party was very forgiving (espially leaving the chest for me) and the chat logs (which appearently kept going) showed them discussing how I simply went AFK for a couple minutes. So... there are you have it. When FF XIV freezes, it simply treats it as going AFK. You do NOT lose anything and it will only be a minor inconvenience in whatever you are currently doing.

It is also worth noting that getting signed out of the PlayStation Network (an error that usually requires restarting your PS3) has absolutely no effect on the game. You can just cancel it with (o) and contenue doing whatever you were doing.

Message 757 of 995 (200 Views)
PlayStation MVP
33324 posts

Jul 11, 2013

so i just spent a good hour carefully traversing the world to get from Gridania to other cities, only for the next main quest for me being the airship one. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 758 of 995 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
996 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Wait... :manfrustrated: I thought the air ships were the only way to get between cities. (besides teleport and return)

Message 759 of 995 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33324 posts

Jul 12, 2013

nope. i traveled from Gridania to Ul'dah in the world map. well, technicaly it was the Black Shroud to Thanalan. you can also get to Limsa Lominsa too.

was only level 17 and had to run through areas with level 40-ish monsters. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 760 of 995 (119 Views)
0 Likes