Survivor
2039 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online vs Playstation Home

Jul 8, 2013
LMAO Nice.

Im actually getting used to using the chat features in FFXIV, now. Came in handy during a few parties I was in.

To be honest, I wont be much for socializing until I at least reach the level cap. Im gonna be too busy grinding and earning XP to level up and doing quests. Once I hit the level cap...I'll probably engage in social features. But it's not a priority, right now. What chatting I do engage in, is rare and only during parties, raids or if someone is needing help.

Like I said...Im a console gamer. I dont play on PC. And I can patiently wait for the PS4 to make use of the cross game chat and mic features.

Im interested to see this forum now. LOL. Can you post a link to it?
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 711 of 995 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1215 posts

Jul 8, 2013

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/74834-What-Voice-Chat-client-are-you-using?p=931142#po...

Tbh you don't need voice chat till end game and i'm pretty sure what ever FC you join will give you access to their chat app.

photo Ruby signature.gif
Message 712 of 995 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Jul 8, 2013
There. I am officially a forum member on the FFXIV forums now, lol. ^_^
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 713 of 995 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1215 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Lol Shadow, don't encourage my mean side XD.

photo Ruby signature.gif
Message 714 of 995 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1215 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Well I pretty much scrubbed the floor with that loser:

Nnoitora: Its pointless, both the PC community and the games creators are against it, must be nice to be a PC player and have VC options, I don't feel like running a laptop and a ps3 just to voice chat on this game, that's ignorant..

Maybe not all my friends have smartphones, you people just don't get it...

Me: You don't get it...this is a BETA, what is so **bleep** critical that you have to voice chat about? You are only in the BETA to report bugs and to test if everything is working as intended. Not to post what YOU want put in the game. No dungeon in the beta is too difficult that you must chat in, that is what end game content is for. So stop your **bleep** and play the game as it was intended or leave. Either way shut up. If you play your classes correctly and actually use your brain instead of wanting to run your mouth, you'd see there is no need for ingame chat.

Nnoitora: Haku, you are a perfect example of what this forum DOESNT need.

Me: Nnoitora you are the perfect example of garbage and I don't see why you are a beta tester if you come here to whine about voice chat and nothing of actual importance. Especially in a thread that isn't about PS3 voice chat, but I digress I don't mean to derail your thread any longer and my apologies for derailing. As for you Nnoitora quit the game already nobody needs a scrub crying over something so pointless, go back to your PS3 MP games and talk all the nonsense you want. No one here gives two **bleep** about you and your need to chat over the PS3 kthxbye.

photo Ruby signature.gif
Message 715 of 995 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Jul 8, 2013
"If you play your classes correctly and actually use your brain..."

LOL Funny.

This is true tho. I was fortunate enough to be in ONE really good party. There was no need for communication. Everyone (myself included) knew exactly what to do and how to play their classes. It was teamwork at it's finest. It doesnt always go this well...but when it does, it is friggin SWEET! LOL.

In my case...keep the tanks healed by spamming cure. Dont watch the screen in battles - watch everyone's life bars. Watching the actual battle is distracting and leads to mistakes made on MY end. Try not to let anyone die...but if someone does and we make it thru the batttle, revive them asap. STAY BACK. Stay away from the MOBS...but keep in line of sight of your party members at ALL times. Try not to draw aggro, but if you do...focus on keeping yourself healed and alive, while the tanks take out the MOBS. ALWAYS DEF up+ and cast protect on everyone. I like to keep some Hi Ether on hand...in case I happen to run out of MP...which has happend a few times. LOL.

But yeah. Thats how I play a WHM in FFXIV. Im still learning tho. There was one instance, where I was in a party (worst party ever) and we was doing the copperbell mines. We get in there...and everyone decides to go off in different directions, splitting up the party. At that point, I HAD to get in chat and say "HEY! ALL party members need to stay together. We cant do this alone." They was driving me crazy. LOL.

But yeah. As long as everyone is doing what they SHOULD be doing...theres really no reason to be in chat. ^_^
Message 716 of 995 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1215 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

Lol I enjoyed ripping that guy apart. And yeah everyone must be playing their best. DD's should attack what the tank is attacking or they will end up wasting the healers MP. Hell as my THM I provide back up heals till the CNJ or WHM have their MP back.

It's teamwork that is required not voice chat, brains and composure are more important than having what's his face running his mouth.

Ain't Nobody Got Time For That.

photo Ruby signature.gif
Message 717 of 995 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1215 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

If you guys want you guys can chat about FFXIV with me if you have 

Dolby Axon

If you have a headset for PC and want to chat and you use Dolby Axon  put your user name in here.

photo Ruby signature.gif
Message 718 of 995 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Beta Test Phase 3 Schedule (07/08/2013)

Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The testing schedule is detailed below.

Dates and Times

July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 2:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 9:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

* Beta test phase 3 will conclude on Monday, July 15th. The beta test phase 4 schedule will be announced at a later time.
* Testing of the new Lodestone will conclude on Wednesday, July 17th at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / 9:00 a.m.(GMT). Please note that the new Lodestone will be inaccessible when testing has ended.

Message 719 of 995 (93 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1226 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Thats cool they extended the time by a good bit. I think i'm done with my phase 3 play though. I put a lot of time in week 2, a decent amount week 3, and only an hour or so this week. I don't wanna do anything more that i'll have to repeat in the next phase for my real character, so i'll just call it quits here. It's a great game and I can't wait to begin my character for real.
Message 720 of 995 (85 Views)