Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
987 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online vs Playstation Home

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

You have to manually add it to your hot bar. :manwink: Form a party, wait 'till the bar fills up, and activate. You'll then see what it does. In my case, it's a "Healing Wind" spell with a healing effect of about 125-150 HP that affects everyone.

Please use plain text.
Message 631 of 995 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

The archer shares the same LB as a healer, and it does have a purpose. Use it if you see the party taking huge damage and it will ease the burden on the healer slightly from spamming medica. It's just a quick spot heal and saves you from wipes.

rwby photo: ~ 0ZRug_zps3527be48.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 632 of 995 (222 Views)
PlayStation MVP
32183 posts

Jul 2, 2013

red_wesley wrote:

Personally, I dislike using mics and prefer text any day. For that reason, I have absolutely no problem with FF's lack of mic suppport. :manindifferent: I can understand why people would prefer them though...

i concur completely.

however i always play supportive rolls in these types of games, so im generaly talked to and dont have to respond with words, just actions. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 633 of 995 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Letter from the Producer, XLVII (07/02/2013)

Hello again to all of you eagerly awaiting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Yoshi-P here, bringing you the forty-seventh Letter from the Producer!

I hope everyone who's been accepted into the beta has been enjoying themselves so far. The team is carefully reading over all your feedback, verifying and squashing urgent bugs. We've received many critical reports for the PlayStation 3 version, in particular, and they've all been resolved without incident.

Now that we're halfway through phase 3, all that's left is to stress test the duty finder, and to monitor server stability over a long period. It won't be long until phase 4, early access, and the big day arrive, so the team is really giving it their all.

It's been hectic preparing for release, but I've managed to sneak in a little anonymous game time during phase 3 as well. This past weekend I was playing as a conjurer, partying with random players to collect gear from the dungeons. No matter how many runs I did though, not a single robe dropped. But then, on my last run, the robe I'd been waiting for finally appeared in the loot list! Needless to say, I lotted on it right away—but then the thaumaturge lotted and won by two points. It was all I could do to type "Congrats!" while biting back my tears.

Anyway, let's put those unfortunate events behind us. Now that the latest testing period has ended, I'll be heading to Paris for this year's Japan Expo. Not only will I be giving a presentation on FFXIV: ARR, but I'll also be doing interviews with a number of media outlets. My schedule's looking more hectic by the minute. 

As producer and director, things will only get tougher from here on out. As much as I hate riding those metallic nightmares they call airplanes, I think I can muster up the courage if it means meeting all of our fans in Europe.
(That's not to say our North American and Japanese fans aren't important too. )

And with that, I'm off to Europe. See you soon! 
Please use plain text.
Message 634 of 995 (164 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013
What servers are you guys playing on? I'm playing on the Coeurl server, I know it's not that popular. Gilgamesh has a lot of reddit and gamefaq pc players. Ultro has hardcore players and Diablos has a lot of people who don't chat most of the time. Leviathan has gamefaq ps3 players. By the way here's my archer class: http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1801011/

Please use plain text.
Message 635 of 995 (113 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
987 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

I'm on Goblin with a level 21 Archer:manhappy: You got me beat by ten levels.

0629132124.jpg  (Click HERE for larger version)

Please use plain text.
Message 636 of 995 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

Regarding the Next Beta Test Schedule (07/03/2013)

Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The next Beta test is scheduled to begin July 5th at 2:00 a.m. (PDT)/9:00 (GMT).

We will begin stress testing the duty finder feature at the start of the next Beta Test; however, the system is still undergoing QA testing. As a result, there is a possibility that the duty finder will not be available at the start of the test, but instead will be implemented through an update that occurs during the Beta test. 

Testing details, such as when the duty finder will become available and also the closing schedule of the next Beta test, we will be making another announcement before the test begins. 
We look forward to your active participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn!
Notice that it does not have an ending date yet lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 637 of 995 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

Jul 3, 2013

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2269808/

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1724024/

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2136998/

All 3 of my characters. I need to work on leveling Tsuki more, I'll do that once Umbros and Dracin have access to Haukke Manor.

Please use plain text.
Message 638 of 995 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 3, 2013
by ignistello on reddit:

It seems after you have finished your company quest(~level 20), you can instant level 15 by talking to these NPCs as the correct class.

Swaenhylt in Camp Drybone(Eastern Thanalan) for Thaumaturge

Wihtred in Hyrstmill(North Shroud) for Conjurer

Aniud in Hawthorne Hut(East Shroud) above the town for Lancer

Chechezan in Horizon Camp(Western Thanalan) for Gladiator

Zacheus in Little Solace (East Shroud) for Archer

Urswyrst in Moraby Drydocks(Lower Noscea) outside gate near Chocobo Porter for Marauder

Adelard at the South Hammer(Western Thanalan)(20,27) for Pugilist

Also once your level 26 and completed the Toto-Rak dungeon, you can level your character again to level 29 by talking to the guy outside your grand company station.

Please use plain text.
Message 639 of 995 (66 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1943 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I'm on Leviathan server as a level 9 Gladiator.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2143162/

I unfortunately haven't been playing the beta to much lately though due to some rather serious issues I'm personally suffering which ruins a lot of the gameplay for me.

Hopefully they'll be resolved soon. :cathappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 640 of 995 (62 Views)