Survivor
2039 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online vs Playstation Home

Jun 21, 2013
Some advice, from my own experience...

Take part in as many FATE's as you can. They give MEGA XP bonus and is great for leveling up quicker. Never take on a FATE alone or if youre under level. I tried this and I dieded, more than once. LOL. If youre a WHM, learn to rely on Cure...a lot. CURE is your friend. LOL. Sometimes the best offense is a good defense. I wait for my health to get to half and start spamming cure to heal. And never be afraid to cut and run. Mobs only follow you so far, before giving up. Never aggro more than you can handle. I never take on more than 2 mobs at once, and even those odds are pretty risky for me. Best bet is to pull one at a time, if you can. Remember to keep upgrading your weapons and armor & attribute points as you go.

Just a few "common sense" pointers I learned as I played. I know most of this stuff goes without saying...but you'd be surprised how much of it you forget to do when you get caught up in the moment. LOL.

I went from level 1-14 as a WHM, solo. Just recently learned the ability to RAISE the dead. So if any of ya need a raise and im in the area, hit me up. I know how annoying it is to die and have to start back at your HQ. I've died like...5 times now. LOL. At first, I wasnt gettin much XP. But after you get your grind on and start flyin thru levels, you start gettin mad XP....like Im gettin 3-4,000XP per quest at level 14 and im nearly a 15 now.

This game is friggin addictive O_O
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 401 of 995 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Best way to get big exp is Levequests,Guildhests, Dungeons, Hunt log, and FATE's.

Message 402 of 995 (161 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Yay! I'm in! Omfg I love the creation system! Sansa Winter on Leviathan
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 403 of 995 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1048 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Here's a good hint. Smiley Wink At 60-90 XP a peice, those monkey things (forgot the FF name) serve as a easy way to gain XP. Just keep hitting those for a good 20 minutes and you'll be well on your way to leveling up. I used this to go from level 8 to level 9.

Message 404 of 995 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Squee!!! I'm seriously in love with this game and I've barely done anything!
Message 405 of 995 (127 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

After hours of grinding, I am now a level 15 WHM.

About to do my Water Trial "God's Quiver Bow"...

I have been able to go this far, solo...but im starting to think it may be time to party up. Quests are getting harder, yo. LOL

Getting tired of Gridania. I must've seen every square inch of it by now. LOL...well, it feels that way anyway.

I spent nearly 30 minutes doing a FATE with 3 other people, trying to kill this huge slug. It was a grueling battle but in the end, we had to cut and run...cuz there was no way the 4 of us was killin that thing, and we were throwin everything we had at it, too. O_O

My mind is gonna be fried by the time Im done with this beta. LOL

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 406 of 995 (121 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 22, 2013
XD I'm not used to the macro system through a console yet, but I'm loving the setup. The customization factor is unbelievable. Though... I... Strangely set myself up for an environment not surrounded by my characters race..... Unless everyone is in Gridania for Beta in which case never mind lol. Felt almost like Irisa on Defiance for a lil bit hehe. I love the game so freaking much though.
Message 407 of 995 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

Jun 22, 2013
http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2675286/

Loving it so far. Started in Gridania as an archer, but wanted to do some exploring tonight so me and a friend rented Chocobos and blindly trekked across uncharted territory using my awful map following skills to reach Ul'dah. Was quite the adventure. Almost ended early with me taking a wrong turn towards a spooky cave lol
Message 408 of 995 (99 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Hehe oh my weekend looks like its going to be amazing now that I'm in Beta. Least I FINALLY figured out the map a bit. Took me... Ya know... Half an hour ^_^;;
Message 409 of 995 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Jun 22, 2013
This is my new character since it wont let me show you my 1.0 character haha.

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2661828/

I made it to play with people on Malboro
Message 410 of 995 (82 Views)
0 Likes