Survivor
1959 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online vs Playstation Home

Jun 21, 2013
loading better & faster. playing better.

Better throw on some coffee. Gonna be some long grinding. LOL
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 381 of 995 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
608 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I'll be in the Gridnia area leveling my CNJ it's level 3 so if anyone needs heals hit me up.

rwby photo: ~ 0ZRug_zps3527be48.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 382 of 995 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

I'm gonna be in my legacy server playing my old char for a while, wanna see how she is.

-EDIT-

I lied, Lol, I can't log into the legacy worlds. oh well new character testing here I come! Look me up on Malboro under Katari Astra

Please use plain text.
Message 383 of 995 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
252 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013
Probably you know already, but i found out how to increase the chat size... Press L1 + R3, to enter mouse mode. Then move the mouse with the right stick, and put the cursor on the upper right corner of chat, press L2 and keep it pressed, and move the right stick up. Now chat is bigger :smileyvery-happy:

In mouse mode you can also change the size of map, and move it, and its so much better
Please use plain text.
Message 384 of 995 (141 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jun 21, 2013

PinkJulia wrote:
Probably you know already, but i found out how to increase the chat size... Press L1 + R3, to enter mouse mode. Then move the mouse with the right stick, and put the cursor on the upper right corner of chat, press L2 and keep it pressed, and move the right stick up. Now chat is bigger :smileyvery-happy:

In mouse mode you can also change the size of map, and move it, and its so much better

This helped you and me both out tremendously.

Nice find though, thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Message 385 of 995 (122 Views)
Wastelander
541 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Just played the beta for an hour. It's decent as an MMORPG but no comparison with Home. For starters on PS3 the graphics of FFXIV look like a PS2 game. Whereas the higher fidelity of Home allows it to still hold its own with modern PC RPGs in many cases.

And of course, FFXIV pales as a social experience to Home. It find it amusing how so many of the players in MMOs I've played (this, Tera, Guild Wars 2) seem to treat the game as a single player grind fest. I don't often see groups of characters moving together and no one ever seems to be particularly talkative vis a vis meeting new folks. Unlike Home where that happens a lot.

Finally, I appreciate the sheer variety of (constantly evolving) content on Home with no limits as to what might show up next whereas a medieval fantasy RPG like FFXIV is fixed to one period/setting/set of activities that become boring after a while.

Finally, Home doesn't cost $12-$15 a month just to be allowed to play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested in FFXIV (on PC), but it's no replacement/substitute for Home. Not at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 386 of 995 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1143 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Just played the beta for an hour. It's decent as an MMORPG but no comparison with Home. For starters on PS3 the graphics of FFXIV look like a PS2 game. Whereas the higher fidelity of Home allows it to still hold its own with modern PC RPGs in many cases.

And of course, FFXIV pales as a social experience to Home. It find it amusing how so many of the players in MMOs I've played (this, Tera, Guild Wars 2) seem to treat the game as a single player grind fest. I don't often see groups of characters moving together and no one ever seems to be particularly talkative vis a vis meeting new folks. Unlike Home where that happens a lot.

Finally, I appreciate the sheer variety of (constantly evolving) content on Home with no limits as to what might show up next whereas a medieval fantasy RPG like FFXIV is fixed to one period/setting/set of activities that become boring after a while.

Finally, Home doesn't cost $12-$15 a month just to be allowed to play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested in FFXIV (on PC), but it's no replacement/substitute for Home. Not at all.

It isn't exactly a smooth transistion going from Home to FFXIV. Its easy to have expectations for FFXIV that don't exist because of the similiarites to Home. I will agree the graphics character models in Home are surprisingly impressive-looking in comparison to FFXIV, (even though all character models in Home resemble one another with no real difference aside from height and face).
I dont think after 1 hour though , you can make a good comparison to Home  with FFXIV. People shouldnt be too talkative with strangers in the beginning, they are trying to play the game and compete with everyone around them. The beginning part of any MMORPG is incredibly simple, its not necessary to party up. Later in the game though, social skills will be a necessity as you will require a party of skilled players in order to proceed.

When you said "the sheer variety of constantly evolving content on Home with no limits" .. I got a little confused. If you read the forums here enough, you'll see people complaining about stagnant and unoriginal ideas for content all the time. If I'm mistaken, feel free to correct me. And while you think the medieval period/setting is "boring" , you should also take into account that youve only been playing the game for an hour. I dont think any game could leave a strong impression on any player after an hour. There are other settings in FFXIV. There are Forests, steampunk environment and also the Garlean Empire resides in a futuristic, sci-fi area. I'm sorry you wont find any parks are plazas in FFXIV. Its Final Fantasy , not "Final Modernism"

Home doesnt cost money to play, but most users, especially new users, will feel they might have to buy an impressive wardrobe to be able to make friends. FFXIV does charge money , but that only goes to maintain the servers (You wont see M-10 in FFXIV) and also to ensure there is actual evolving content in FFXIV, unlike the lazy updates made to Home..not to mention the myriad of bugs and glitches found throughout Home..

FFXIV isnt a clone of PS Home and I dont think anyone would want it to be. I feel it can be a eventual replacement of Home, of course not right away.. It's a different game and a different experience. The "PS Home-like social experience" found in FFXIV will pale in comparison to the "MMORPG experience" found in this game. And one the MMORPG experience should be the one that actually matters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 387 of 995 (104 Views)
Survivor
1959 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Very well said, Lightning. Couldnt agree more.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 388 of 995 (95 Views)
Wastelander
608 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Anyone want to do some level 10 guildhests? Need 2 DDs and a tank.

rwby photo: ~ 0ZRug_zps3527be48.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 389 of 995 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Okay so I got the email with instructions on how to redeem the code for beta access, but uh..... I don't speak the language the email is in. XD Can someone tell me how to do it please? :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 390 of 995 (83 Views)
0 Likes