Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online vs Playstation Home

May 31, 2013
I agree with that sentiment really Panda. I've dumped... Far too much money in Home already lol a P2P really wouldn't be all that different for me.... It'd actually be cheaper spendage >_>;;.... Not sure what server I'll use yet since I haven't actually ever play FFXIV before at all. Probably Miqo'te or Elezen(is that right? XD I suck with names) for me... Or a Hyur possibly.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 81 of 995 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

I'm not sure why this question would apply to FF XIV specifically? DCUO and Free Realms already offer a social element on the PS3, plus all the MMOs that exists for other platforms. 

Because DCUO and Free Realms are utterly pathetic? Free Realms offers no character customization, so what's the point off having a social element with it? DCUO also has poor customization (mainly in the fact that all faces look exactly the same) and the gameplay is terrible, every mission is the exact same thing just for a different faction with different enemies.

FFXIV is the only PS3  MMORPG  that has good customization AND gameplay, as well as being capable of allowing for a social and aesthetic  element for those that want it...otherwise, why would they including housing? So that's why the person created this topic with that question. FFXIV stands out because it is a first: It is a worldwide console-based MMORPG, with extensive customization in both aesthetics and gameplay.

So anyways, for my reply to the topic itself, the recent shenanigans with the delayed Kikai event pretty much sealed Playstation Home's fate with me. I will most likely be dropping Playstation Home for FFXIV when it comes out, assuming I like FFXIV. 

I generally don't play games unless they have customization, and I like what I have seen from FFXIV so far. In PS Home, I'm sick of JP and EU getting all the good stuff, and I'm sick of the same, boring uninspired swill pumped out  each week with few exceptions. I'm also sick of how BORING PS Home is unless I'm on it with my close friends and we are laughing at noobs and fams. There's new stuff to buy each week with nothing to actually DO.

I have nothing else to do now outside of one new game I bought, and unlike a couple people I know (:smileytongue:) I'm not going to quit Playstation Home and force myself to do other boring things just because Playstaion Home is boring. That's like punching yourself to alleviate the pain from a cut lol.  But August 27th can't come soon enough, and my purchases are getting less and less onn PS Home.

Why exactly would I waste time and money on Playstation Home when FFXIV comes out?  Whenever PS Home gets anything close to a real game using our custom characters, it falls into one or more of these catagories:

-Stupid (NML, Uproar) 

-Never updated (Mercia)

-A stagnant, limited grind-fest (Defend Edo and how it only has attack classes)

-Awesome but temporary (Kikai and Irem April Fools 2009) 

And in most of those cases, it still has issues like enemies not being synched in group play in Edo, Kikai and Mercia (not to mention the crippling bugs Mercia had)

Finally, from what I read, not sure if this has changed or not, but apparently all regions for this game will be recieving the same updates at the same time, is this correct? This won't be like PSO2, or Playstation Home, where JP and/or  EU get everything good while NA has to wait?  If so, that's reason alone for me to drop PS Home like the bad habit it is, especially after the crap they pulled delaying the Kikai event in NA.

So yeah I can't  wait until the 27th.  It will hopefully be like back when I played PSO and PSOBB on PC, only 10x better. :smileyhappy:

Message 82 of 995 (534 Views)
Survivor
2038 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Here's a short video briefly detailing some character creation options. This was taken from the ALPHA phase, so bear in mind there may be some minor changes later on. It seems pretty on par with anything HOME can do, and in some cases even surpassing HOME. Just giving you guys a rough idea of what to expect.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 83 of 995 (521 Views)
Survivor
2038 posts

Jun 1, 2013

971071_10151670835810871_44009968_n.jpgShowing off the box art!  ^_^

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 84 of 995 (518 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1389 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

I'm not sure why this question would apply to FF XIV specifically? DCUO and Free Realms already offer a social element on the PS3, plus all the MMOs that exists for other platforms. 

Because DCUO and Free Realms are utterly pathetic? Free Realms offers no character customization, so what's the point off having a social element with it? DCUO also has poor customization (mainly in the fact that all faces look exactly the same) and the gameplay is terrible, every mission is the exact same thing just for a different faction with different enemies.

FFXIV is the only PS3  MMORPG  that has good customization AND gameplay, as well as being capable of allowing for a social and aesthetic  element for those that want it...otherwise, why would they including housing? So that's why the person created this topic with that question. FFXIV stands out because it is a first: It is a worldwide console-based MMORPG, with extensive customization in both aesthetics and gameplay.

So anyways, for my reply to the topic itself, the recent shenanigans with the delayed Kikai event pretty much sealed Playstation Home's fate with me. I will most likely be dropping Playstation Home for FFXIV when it comes out, assuming I like FFXIV. 

I generally don't play games unless they have customization, and I like what I have seen from FFXIV so far. In PS Home, I'm sick of JP and EU getting all the good stuff, and I'm sick of the same, boring uninspired swill pumped out  each week with few exceptions. I'm also sick of how BORING PS Home is unless I'm on it with my close friends and we are laughing at noobs and fams. There's new stuff to buy each week with nothing to actually DO.

I have nothing else to do now outside of one new game I bought, and unlike a couple people I know (:smileytongue:) I'm not going to quit Playstation Home and force myself to do other boring things just because Playstaion Home is boring. That's like punching yourself to alleviate the pain from a cut lol.  But August 27th can't come soon enough, and my purchases are getting less and less onn PS Home.

Why exactly would I waste time and money on Playstation Home when FFXIV comes out?  Whenever PS Home gets anything close to a real game using our custom characters, it falls into one or more of these catagories:

-Stupid (NML, Uproar) 

-Never updated (Mercia)

-A stagnant, limited grind-fest (Defend Edo and how it only has attack classes)

-Awesome but temporary (Kikai and Irem April Fools 2009) 

And in most of those cases, it still has issues like enemies not being synched in group play in Edo, Kikai and Mercia (not to mention the crippling bugs Mercia had)

Finally, from what I read, not sure if this has changed or not, but apparently all regions for this game will be recieving the same updates at the same time, is this correct? This won't be like PSO2, or Playstation Home, where JP and/or  EU get everything good while NA has to wait?  If so, that's reason alone for me to drop PS Home like the bad habit it is, especially after the crap they pulled delaying the Kikai event in NA.

So yeah I can't  wait until the 27th.  It will hopefully be like back when I played PSO and PSOBB on PC, only 10x better. :smileyhappy:

Basically took the words right out of my mouth in this message...

lul

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Message 85 of 995 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

Ever wonder how FFXIV1.0 ended and why this new version is titled "A Realm Reborn"? Witness the armageddon-like event that destroyed Eorzea (Square-Enix quite literally destroyed it *the game itself* and even wrote it into the storyline) as we move closer to a new beginning. 

Maybe Sony should take notes and destroy HOME...then rebuild it back up, even better. LOL

Message 86 of 995 (512 Views)
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Doh! I forgot there was a before version of FFXIV. And I missed it. :-( The one time I haven't played a FF game since I started with FF8, and now I don't get to play what happened before they destroyed the world. *sigh* My computer at the time wouldn't have been able to survive the gameplay though. Yay for PS3 release!
Message 87 of 995 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
720 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Here is the Live letter that shows Yoshi-P playing the PS3 version in the 2nd half he shows the new character creation options and he shows off a little bit of monk gameplay.

rwby photo: ~ 0ZRug_zps3527be48.gif
Message 88 of 995 (491 Views)
Survivor
2038 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Great find, haku! 

All these incredible videos....are you guys hyped yet? LOL  ^_^

Message 89 of 995 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Lmao hyped is an understatement! Been playing Defiance since it came out and as you can imagine since it's F2P.... It's become glitches galore lately with craptastic excuses of solutions to fix the problems and said solutions don't work one bit. Having to pay a subscription is seeming like a pretty okay idea again.
Message 90 of 995 (483 Views)