Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2910 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online vs Playstation Home

May 18, 2013

Ok thanks Lego. I think you answered most of my questions anyways. But I will pm you if I have any more. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 995 (449 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1897 posts

May 18, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

Ok thanks Lego. I think you answered most of my questions anyways. But I will pm you if I have any more. :manhappy:

It's my pleasure Bobsfed. :cathappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 995 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1289 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

I want FF XIV to succeed , but I cant shake the feeling that FF XIV will fail due to a late release in the PS3's life and also lack of interest. I want to think that everyone in PS Home would go crazy for FF14, But it seems as if Home-users want more of a virtual life simulator like Home than a game with a social atmosphere.

I can't complain too much because one of the reasons I like the new direction of Home, the direction that many people complain about, is because its not game-related. It has a sense of its own being which I like ( although , I suspect a large degree of its being is living the fantasy of being a stripper) .

I dont think FF XIV or any MMO on PS3 will be able to replace that feeling that Home has. But idk...

We'll see , lol..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 995 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:
I know what your saying here Lego. I bought the game pack because I want to have the online experience of it. I started from the begining of the first game, but I don't know if I should just skip to the second game or not. And are you supposed to get to a certain point in the second one to unlock the online features? And does the leveling in the story mode carry over to the online mode? 

Since you started from the beginning of WKC1, I would suggest keep running through it. Part 2 basically expects the player to know what they're doing, and you don't need to reach a specific point to access the online features. Leveling carries over as well. Your level gets capped based on your Guild Rank, which is where WKC can lose some appeal due to constantly having to repeat the same quests over and over again just to level up. Not being able to play with friends or other people sucks the life out of that game. When the servers close on June 18th, White Knight Chronicles will lose the best and most unique aspect it launched with. 

I didn't have much of a problem balancing PS Home and WKC, and now I'm playing Defiance and not having any trouble balancing it with Home either. What I'd like to see is FF14 themed content and rewards make its way into Home. I think they might both benefit from that. It'd be pretty cool if completing certain tasks in Home unlocked you stuff in FF14 and vice versa.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 995 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2910 posts

May 19, 2013

McJorneil wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:
I know what your saying here Lego. I bought the game pack because I want to have the online experience of it. I started from the begining of the first game, but I don't know if I should just skip to the second game or not. And are you supposed to get to a certain point in the second one to unlock the online features? And does the leveling in the story mode carry over to the online mode? 

Since you started from the beginning of WKC1, I would suggest keep running through it. Part 2 basically expects the player to know what they're doing, and you don't need to reach a specific point to access the online features. Leveling carries over as well. Your level gets capped based on your Guild Rank, which is where WKC can lose some appeal due to constantly having to repeat the same quests over and over again just to level up. Not being able to play with friends or other people sucks the life out of that game. When the servers close on June 18th, White Knight Chronicles will lose the best and most unique aspect it launched with. 

I didn't have much of a problem balancing PS Home and WKC, and now I'm playing Defiance and not having any trouble balancing it with Home either. What I'd like to see is FF14 themed content and rewards make its way into Home. I think they might both benefit from that. It'd be pretty cool if completing certain tasks in Home unlocked you stuff in FF14 and vice versa.

Yeah I heard that too that it is more beneficial to complete the first game before starting the second. I sometimes have trouble balancing Home and other games I get into. Everytime I leave Home something always drags me back. And I think that would be awesome if they did included rewards in FF XIV to get on Home too. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 995 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 19, 2013

I personally am not a fan of pay to play mmos. The only mmo I've ever gotten into, was Guild Wars.

Which I still play today, it's free to play and it runs just fine.

Plus, I feel like SquareEnix has enough cash already to be asking users to pay for their service. I don't get why they'd even charge in the first place, when free mmos bring much bigger audiences.

I'll pass on this, even though I applied for the beta, I didn't get in it seems.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 995 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2910 posts

May 19, 2013

The only MMO's I played were console ones like EQOA, PSU, and FF XI. Not to mention the ones already available for PS3 like Free Realms and DC Universe. Some can be costly but I had a lot of fun on the first three I mentioned. The last two I never really played too much, because I was more into Home.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 995 (388 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1157 posts

May 27, 2013

Thought i'd bump this since a LOT of new info on the game came out this last week. There's now a release date: August 27th, 2013, and the PS3 beta is scheduled to begin in JUNE!

Further info can be found here.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 995 (367 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3625 posts

May 27, 2013
Pretty excited for the beta. Had to miss out on the PC beta due to my laptop crapping out on me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 995 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16211 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

You will find me in the world of Eorzea to see how it plays out. As long as the controls are as mappable as they say then it looks good to me. Elvan for life.

ff14.png

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 995 (356 Views)