Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 18 2013
By: LightningEmotion Uncharted Territory 1298 posts
Accepted Solution

Final Fantasy XIV Online vs Playstation Home

[ Edited ]
994 replies 2218 views Edited May 18, 2013

FF XIV is in the 2nd phase of its beta testing. I don't know how popular the game is with PS3 users or if it will be popular. I'm excited about it because, for me, it can provide an alternative virtual social atmosphere as opposed to PS Home. 

I suppose that would be my main factor towards my desire to buy the game (aside from being a FF fan). I'm not familiar with the social setting of modern MMORPGs ( last one I played was PSO on Dreamcast back in 2000) , so I wanted to ask the forum if they were interested in FF XIV? And if you were, would you play it more than PS Home ..or even stop playing Home to play FF XIV? Personally , I've been looking for a game to dissuade me from using PS Home so much. And I hope that FF XIV is that game.

From the best of my knowledge , I believe FF XIV will cost about $13 a month (dont quote me on that, okay?) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 995 (2,218 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1157 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online vs Playstation Home

May 18, 2013
I'll likely be playing it but I won't be stopping Home because of it, i'll just find a balance of both.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 995 (2,200 Views)
Fender Bender
2916 posts

May 18, 2013

I plan on getting it sometime after its released. Just not sure when. But I played FFXI for a couple years on the Xbox 360, and had a lot of fun on that. Made some good friends there as well. I hope FFXIV will be just a good or better than FFXI. I know it has way better graphics and plus there will be a better character creator. If I get hooked on it as much as I was on FFXI, than you probably won't see me on Home for a while.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 995 (2,194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

May 18, 2013

I have never played Final Fantasy but always wanted to, just never got around to it for some reason,  I have been into mmos however for along time, I just stopped playing WOW after I got my ps3 and I played that since launch. I remember PSO on the dreamcast, I loved that game!!

photo samurai-bujutsu-107698.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 995 (2,182 Views)
Fender Bender
2865 posts

May 18, 2013
FFXI consumed a lot of time my free time. Dunno if I'm ready to get stuck into another FF MMO :smileyvery-happy:

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 995 (2,163 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

May 18, 2013

well the last thing I played that was close to an mmorpg was white knight chronicles 1 and 2. I found it extremely similar to home and I ended up not coming on home for about 4-5 months straight for each of the respective games. The social aspect is very similar with the other option being to actually play the game with my friends rather than just stand around and socialize. The problem with that was, we'd do 1 quest and then after stand around and talk for 3 hours LOL. ..... That said, I love The entire FF series and while I was excited to play it, alot of that was lost over the long delays and pc horror stories I've read. I'm sure I'll still try it out and play it, but I doubt I'll use it as any sort of social media as I did with wkc1 and 2. They're too unreliable as a place to meet and talk with people. Just look at the wkc servers. All coming down for both games soon. All those people will instantly loose their meeting place. It's not worth the risk if you're doing it for the social aspect if you ask me.

ALSo, I've recently met 2 very special people on home and I Have zero interest in losing any connection I have with them. :smileyhappy:  I'll still be on home alot! haha

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 995 (2,144 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 18, 2013

I am in the beta, and it is an excellent game, but I don't play games with a monthly subscription fee. I just do not get enough playtime out of them for that to be worth my money. If it has no monthly fee like many MMOs nowdays I will pick it up without hisitation, but all other Square Enix games have a fee so I can't imagine that this one won't. I will actually play it as an MMO, though, over using it just to socialize. I have played MMOs since they were invented and enjoy them.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 995 (2,134 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

May 18, 2013
Yeah, Final Fantasy will definitely help you get your mind off home. Or at least some of it. It looks like a great game too! :smileyhappy:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 995 (2,126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6107 posts

May 18, 2013

Variety is the spice of life,,, So they say.

I would probably play FFOnline as well as Playstation Home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 995 (2,117 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1897 posts

May 18, 2013
I'm a very large Final Fantasy fan and I have been looking forward to this games release for sometime..

I like games like this because they have a strong social aspect and great gameplay, which together makes a good experience, but if I were to play it my opinion is the same as many others, I would find a way to balance both PlayStation Home and Final Fantasy XIV because Home is a great part of my online experience as well and I wouldn't want to give that up.

@ hellokittyxo: I also use to be a large White Knight Chronicles 2 player, it was one of the only online RPG's and it was games like that which were the best for having fun with friends, unfortunately not many games are for the social aspect anymore and WKC2 are losing their servers, so this new Final Fantasy may be our only next chance.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 995 (2,100 Views)