Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
5 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIII "NON" Hyped Reviews

Jan 7, 2010

The first 6 to 7 hours is very linear....but after that everything opens up and there is a huge world to explore check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lphvuX65jD8

dude has a lot of videos of him exploring..pretty interesting

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 92 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Jan 7, 2010

AznInvation wrote:

The first 6 to 7 hours is very linear....but after that everything opens up and there is a huge world to explore check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lphvuX65jD8

dude has a lot of videos of him exploring..pretty interesting

Even if that's true linearity wasn't the only issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 92 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5388 posts

Jan 7, 2010
I too want to enjoy this game, but it sounds so linear...gamebreaking for an rpg. 
Christina Lee photo Christinalee_zpsa4a832cb.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 92 (2 Views)
Sackboy
445 posts

Jan 7, 2010

Ocelot562 wrote:
I too want to enjoy this game, but it sounds so linear...gamebreaking for an rpg. 

Agreed action games can play like a movie not RPG's

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 92 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5151 posts

Jan 8, 2010

eyesooxdeex wrote:

Beren- wrote:

"you can have up to three characters in your party, but only when the game says so. And here’s the real kicker: You only control one of them during battle, and you don’t even get to pick who that is".

Wow none of those reviews/previews even pass the chapter 11 where you can choose your party and assign party leaders as you wish  lol. Those are websites who are looking only for hits don't mind them , geeze some people haha

First 10 chapters are like a long tutorial , i know maybe a mistake but is not like those websites are saying lol , after chapter 11the world opens and everything plays as it should 

Aren't there 13 chapters? If this is true, that would mean around 3/4 of the game is a tutorial and doesn't play like it should in an enclosed world?

Not all chapters are the same lenght, chapter 11 is like chapter 1 to 7 or longer and so on ... but seems like you guys only want to believe the bad stuff to each one his own

Btw the first 9 chapters being linear is a let down but that's it ... the main story is like 50 hours and to get the extras (platinum trophy) you get like 100h if you know what you are doing , i saw great players from gamefaqs clocking 160h to get the platinum. I won't go deeper because i don't want to spoil anything, but there is a reason for the looong "tutorial".

Sorry for any spelling mistake  :robotvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 92 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Jan 8, 2010

Beren- wrote:

eyesooxdeex wrote:

Beren- wrote:

"you can have up to three characters in your party, but only when the game says so. And here’s the real kicker: You only control one of them during battle, and you don’t even get to pick who that is".

Wow none of those reviews/previews even pass the chapter 11 where you can choose your party and assign party leaders as you wish  lol. Those are websites who are looking only for hits don't mind them , geeze some people haha

First 10 chapters are like a long tutorial , i know maybe a mistake but is not like those websites are saying lol , after chapter 11the world opens and everything plays as it should 

Aren't there 13 chapters? If this is true, that would mean around 3/4 of the game is a tutorial and doesn't play like it should in an enclosed world?

Not all chapters are the same lenght, chapter 11 is like chapter 1 to 7 or longer and so on ... but seems like you guys only want to believe the bad stuff to each one his own

Btw the first 9 chapters being linear is a let down but that's it ... the main story is like 50 hours and to get the extras (platinum trophy) you get like 100h if you know what you are doing , i saw great players from gamefaqs clocking 160h to get the platinum. I won't go deeper because i don't want to spoil anything, but there is a reason for the looong "tutorial".

Sorry for any spelling mistake  :robotvery-happy:

Well do you get to go back to previous areas in Ch. 13?

Like Gran Pulse for example.

Message Edited by Myth384 on 01-07-2010 06:49 PM

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 92 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5151 posts

Jan 8, 2010

Myth384 wrote:  

Yes and much more when you beat the game a lot of stuff opens up

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 92 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Jan 8, 2010

Beren- wrote:

Myth384 wrote:  

So after you beat the boss, you are prompted to save so you can go back to previous areas?

That's cool.

Oh and I keep hearing that there's no Ultima or Omega weapon, only the Super Adamantoise being the hardest enemy, or at least the one with highest HP.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 92 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5151 posts

Jan 8, 2010
----- Minor Spoilers Ahead--------

Myth384 wrote:

Beren- wrote:

Myth384 wrote:  

So after you beat the boss, you are prompted to save so you can go back to previous areas?

That's cool.

Oh and I keep hearing that there's no Ultima or Omega weapon, only the Super Adamantoise being the hardest enemy, or at least the one with highest HP.

Exactly you save and you can come back to previous areas , not all of them but more than enough indeed you can replay some chapters.

There are break damage limit weapons and armor, you also unlock monsters in Gran Pulse like a living big Zoo that you populate to fight and farm items to make the ultimate weapons , then there are 65 hunts and the last ones are harder than Omega Weapon , each hunt unlocks new stuff like Chocobos to ride and to hunt treasure, teleport points (the place is HUGE).Here you willspend lots of hours is like a living battle arena

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 92 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Jan 8, 2010

Beren- wrote:
----- Minor Spoilers Ahead--------

Myth384 wrote:

Beren- wrote:

Myth384 wrote:  

That's cool.

Exactly you save and you can come back to previous areas , not all of them but more than enough indeed you can replay some chapters.

There are break damage limit weapons and armor, you also unlock monsters in Gran Pulse like a living big Zoo that you populate to fight and farm items to make the ultimate weapons , then there are 65 hunts and the last ones are harder than Omega Weapon , each hunt unlocks new stuff like Chocobos to ride and to hunt treasure, teleport points (the place is HUGE).Here you willspend lots of hours is like a living battle arena

Even better.

So, there is a Omega Weapon?

And yeah, I've seen a few videos of Pulse, it's pretty huge, like Calm Lands x100.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 92 (2 Views)
0 Likes