Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 01 2012
By: Dayed Hekseville Citizen 436 posts

Final Fantasy XIII-3 Announced

[ Edited ]
9 replies 237 views Edited Sep 1, 2012

The game takes place hundreds of years after FFXIII-2

New features include a doomsday counter in the corner of the screen throughout the game that constantly displays the time to the end of days (13 days timer) and full control of lightning to free roam or in battle, control of her movements and attacks. Active time blocking will also be a new feature in the combat.  Lightning is the only playable character in the game

Release date: 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (237 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-3 Announced

Sep 1, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 1, 2012
You know it seems possible for the rest of the cast to appear in xiii-3 still. I mean since noel is now has the heart of chaos he can still have power of time and so since hope, sazh, and dajh were with him he could have took them to the future in which lightning wakes up. Vanille and fang could wake up finally from their crystal slumber at the same time as lightning. Serah could be trapped in the realm of death where etro resides and benivelzhue lives, so she may seem dead in reality but she could come back to life in some possible way and snow idk i guess the abriter of time who controls the colisieum could be very nice enough to let him out free to help them out. So thats what could happen...atleast in my mind.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I haven't beaten Final Fantasy XIII yet or gotten XIII-2 yet since am still trying to beat the first game. I thought they weren't doing sequels anymore since X-2, right? I hope after this finale of XIII-3 they get back to the root and bring it more of  Final Fantasy 7 style gameplay with better story dept. I enjoyed the Final Fantasy series for years but SquareEnix working on other VsXIII too.

PSN: RJP82

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Sep 3, 2012

RJP82 wrote:

I haven't beaten Final Fantasy XIII yet or gotten XIII-2 yet since am still trying to beat the first game. I thought they weren't doing sequels anymore since X-2, right? I hope after this finale of XIII-3 they get back to the root and bring it more of  Final Fantasy 7 style gameplay with better story dept. I enjoyed the Final Fantasy series for years but SquareEnix working on other VsXIII too.

I'm not sure that was ever confirmed, but, I believe they were "iffy" about sequels after the X-2 project. It received very mixed reviews and many hardcore fans questioned it. 

Anyway, this is what happens when laziness and money take over. They already have the characters down, so, seeing it's "success" from going multiplat, they decided to make multiple sequels. 

Never mind Kingdom Hearts III; never mind Versus XIII; never mind FF XIV... 

On top of just not liking FF XIII at all, the above reasons are why I sold XIII and will not buy the sequels. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Sep 3, 2012

im not liking the idea of sequels either but i have to admit i find the general concept of this game to be really intriguing

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (199 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Sep 6, 2012

BigDally13 wrote:

RJP82 wrote:

I'm not sure that was ever confirmed, but, I believe they were "iffy" about sequels after the X-2 project. It received very mixed reviews and many hardcore fans questioned it. 

I actually liked X-2.  Mainly the battle system and getting to revisit Spira.  I think given X's ending, they could have probably left it at that with Yuna's tale and taken up with Paine and maybe a few other characters instead.  At the most, the old gang would have been NPCs you could visit but otherwise, X-2 could have settled being it's own adventures set in the same world.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Sep 6, 2012

SlashZaku wrote: 
I actually liked X-2.  Mainly the battle system and getting to revisit Spira.  I think given X's ending, they could have probably left it at that with Yuna's tale and taken up with Paine and maybe a few other characters instead.  At the most, the old gang would have been NPCs you could visit but otherwise, X-2 could have settled being it's own adventures set in the same world.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it as well. Not as much as X, but, I still enjoyed it. I do think, though, that within the Final Fantasy universe, sequels are lazy. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Sep 7, 2012

I am going to like to see what this game is going to look like after the last game when it comes out. When is final fantasy xiii-3 coming out just wondering that is anyone knows when the release date is.

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Sep 7, 2012

This is already being discussed here.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Final-Fantasy-Series/Lightning-Returns-Final-Fantasy-XIII-Ann...

Thread locked!!

space_cape!!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (166 Views)
0 Likes