Nov 13 2003
By: BlueKrillin~ Wastelander 923 posts

Final Fantasy XII Screen Shots

37 replies 2 views Edited Nov 13, 2003

Looks like some screens of the game have finally been unvailed:

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2003/2146.html

Is it just me or does Ashe sort of look like Yuna a little bit? Either way, this game is looking nice ...

Message 1 of 38 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
821 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XII Screen Shots

Nov 13, 2003

Blue Krillin wrote:

Is it just me or does Ashe sort of look like Yuna a little bit? Either way, this game is looking nice ...

the first two pics on the top row the two gilrs look like yuna and pain. but there not but oh well. the other screens look pretty amazing. they better not ahve the story line like ff7-9 in it. with "who am i' or do i really exist its gettign boring. thats y i enjiy ff10. but i guess we ahve to wait and see.
Message 2 of 38 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8547 posts

Nov 13, 2003

,Jecht wrote:

,Blue Krillin wrote:

the first two pics on the top row the two gilrs look like yuna and pain. but there not but oh well. the other screens look pretty amazing. they better not ahve the story line like ff7-9 in it. with "who am i' or do i really exist its gettign boring. thats y i enjiy ff10. but i guess we ahve to wait and see.

I like the do i really exist storys, it make you think, like am i really here, or is this like the matrix.
Message 3 of 38 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10751 posts

Nov 13, 2003

,Jecht wrote:

...they better not ahve the story line like ff7-9 in it. with "who am i' or do i really exist its gettign boring. thats y i enjiy ff10. but i guess we ahve to wait and see.

I'm with you there.  RPGs have worn out the amnesiac young man who saves the world character, the "Who am I, I'm so confused!" angsty teen character, and the anti-hero "I'm such a charming rogue" character.  I'm ready for something new too.  Unfortunately, the only thing I'm really interested in seeing are more adult characters (30+ years old) who act like adults and faces adult problems...and that does NOT mean more sex and violence, by the way...but I doubt a story that centers around adults would interest today's teen market.  So, just how much of a story can be built around yet another group of perky and/or angsty teen/20-somethings?  *shrugs*  I dunno.  We've saved the world so many times you'd think we'd be able to protect it from any further harm.  LOL!

Message 4 of 38 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3753 posts

Nov 13, 2003

,maricam wrote:

,Jecht wrote:

...they better not ahve the story line like ff7-9 in it. with "who am i' or do i really exist its gettign boring. thats y i enjiy ff10. but i guess we ahve to wait and see.

I'm with you there.  RPGs have worn out the amnesiac young man who saves the world character, the "Who am I, I'm so confused!" angsty teen character, and the anti-hero "I'm such a charming rogue" character.  I'm ready for something new too.  Unfortunately, the only thing I'm really interested in seeing are more adult characters (30+ years old) who act like adults and faces adult problems...and that does NOT mean more sex and violence, by the way...but I doubt a story that centers around adults would interest today's teen market.  So, just how much of a story can be built around yet another group of perky and/or angsty teen/20-somethings?  *shrugs*  I dunno.  We've saved the world so many times you'd think we'd be able to protect it from any further harm.  LOL!

Ever since FF-VIII they've all been exactly 17 years old. VII was the last time we saw a main character that was not a demographic-pandering teen. Coincidentally enough it is also ranked as their best in terms of both sales and overall ratings. Take a hint and please stop demographic-pandering, Square.  
Message 5 of 38 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

Nov 13, 2003

,Blue Krillin wrote:

is it me or does it look like the main character is holding a ..........................................club????
Message 6 of 38 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3753 posts

Nov 13, 2003

,sirpent007 wrote:

,Blue Krillin wrote:

is it me or does it look like the main character is holding a ..........................................club????

Van appears to be holding a small duffel bag over his shoulder. Ashe looks like she's holding a sword.

Message Edited by Zod on 11-13-2003 01:24 PM

Message 7 of 38 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

Nov 13, 2003

,Zod wrote:

,sirpent007 wrote:

,Blue Krillin wrote:

Van appears to be holding a small duffel bag over his shoulder. Ashe looks like she's holding a sword.,

Message Edited by Zod on 11-13-2003 01:24 PM

::::cleans glasses:::::::   oh yea now i see it
Message 8 of 38 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Nov 13, 2003

,Jecht wrote:

,Blue Krillin wrote:

Didn't FF X have the same questions?  Who am I? Am I real or am I dream?  Which Zanarkand is real?  Let's get a new story with some edge to it, something deep and dark.  Maybe I'm getting too old for this series. lol
You did what?! This is going to have serious consequences my friend.
Message 9 of 38 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10751 posts

Nov 13, 2003

,Zod wrote:

Ever since FF-VIII they've all been exactly 17 years old. VII was the last time we saw a main character that was not a demographic-pandering teen. Coincidentally enough it is also ranked as their best in terms of both sales and overall ratings. Take a hint and please stop demographic-pandering, Square.  
And who is one of the most popular characters in FFX, a game that was pretty trite overall?  Auron!  Hm...yeah, Square...take a hint! 
Message 10 of 38 (2 Views)
0 Likes