Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
12015 posts

Re: Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remasters (Official Discussion)

Mar 31, 2013

I do not like Tidus' new look

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 45 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

HD Remaster

ps2 Emulator

Oh I can't wait for this collection especially for X-2 :smileyvery-happy:

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 45 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Apr 4, 2013
I absolutely cannot wait to see Spira in HD !!

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 45 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Apr 4, 2013

TornadicInferno wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

I did like FFX.  I wouldnt mind buying and replaying it again, but more than likely trophy support would make the decision for me.  Yes i know it sounds stupid but again i played the game before and beat it.  Having trophies would give me a reason to want to play the game again.

I can say tho i never did play FFX-2 so that would also be a bonus with me buying this game (FFX/FFX-2) if trophies are programmed.

im sure there will be trophies.  they added trophies to God of war when that got the HD remaster.  but man, some of those trophies are going to be a pain.  especially X-2.  if you never played it, its fun, but theres a 100% completion to get in game and goes across 5 chapters. and some of it is just little bits of percentage that matter, like  "talk to this person for .5 percent, and if you dont do it, there goes your 100%, and theres one decision to make, and if you make the wrong one, you definitely will not get it in one playthrough.  i had the strategy guide for it and its still a pain. lol.  but a good game though.

Yes, lol, I know by heart how to get 100% in one game pass, if anyone needs help when it comes out, I will be glad to help with tips...

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 45 (343 Views)
Gaming Beast
2388 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Patchex wrote:

TornadicInferno wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

I did like FFX.  I wouldnt mind buying and replaying it again, but more than likely trophy support would make the decision for me.  Yes i know it sounds stupid but again i played the game before and beat it.  Having trophies would give me a reason to want to play the game again.

I can say tho i never did play FFX-2 so that would also be a bonus with me buying this game (FFX/FFX-2) if trophies are programmed.

im sure there will be trophies.  they added trophies to God of war when that got the HD remaster.  but man, some of those trophies are going to be a pain.  especially X-2.  if you never played it, its fun, but theres a 100% completion to get in game and goes across 5 chapters. and some of it is just little bits of percentage that matter, like  "talk to this person for .5 percent, and if you dont do it, there goes your 100%, and theres one decision to make, and if you make the wrong one, you definitely will not get it in one playthrough.  i had the strategy guide for it and its still a pain. lol.  but a good game though.

Yes, lol, I know by heart how to get 100% in one game pass, if anyone needs help when it comes out, I will be glad to help with tips...

ive beat it.  but never got the 100%.  i do have the strategy guide though that lists all the compltetion percentage points.  maybe on ps3, ill have to try real hard to get it.  of all games i own, i REALLY want the platinum for these games

[/img]http://xivreborn.com/gen/Matchbox_Inferno_Exodus_General.jpg[/img]

http://xivreborn.com/gen/Matchbox_Inferno_Exodus_General.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 45 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Apr 5, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

I was beginning to think I was the only one with everyone being so excited. 

To spare a drawn explanation as to why I don't like Tidus' overall new look, either (and perhaps this will apply to all of the characters as well), let me simply say that it looks as if he has no "soul" now. He just looks blah and typical. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 45 (330 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12015 posts

Apr 10, 2013

BigDally13 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

To spare a drawn explanation as to why I don't like Tidus' overall new look, either (and perhaps this will apply to all of the characters as well), let me simply say that it looks as if he has no "soul" now. He just looks blah and typical. 

His eyes in the original (in that first picture) look like the eyes of a hopeful youth.

The eyes in the HD remaster look so fake. I personally prefer the original look 1000x better. He looks more like a video game character than a real person than in the original (which is the opposite of what it should be)

His hair is flatter somehow

It just looks so.......bleh.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 45 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Apr 14, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

BigDally13 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

His eyes in the original (in that first picture) look like the eyes of a hopeful youth.

The eyes in the HD remaster look so fake. I personally prefer the original look 1000x better. He looks more like a video game character than a real person than in the original (which is the opposite of what it should be)

His hair is flatter somehow

It just looks so.......bleh.

Yes! That's exactly what it is. I'm afraid with the new remasters that the emotional connections with the characters (generally speaking, after all it's a video game and we need to stick with reality) that are made in FF games may take a hit with this new look. I sure hope not, though. 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 45 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Apr 17, 2013

While I love FFX, and I'm excited to play it again with trophies and all that. I gotta be honest I really would have rather had a FFVII remake. I also would rather they put some resources into Final Fantasy Versus 13 (or FFXV). Also I loath FFX-2, probably wont play it at all.

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 45 (241 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12015 posts

Apr 18, 2013

pacpunk wrote:

While I love FFX, and I'm excited to play it again with trophies and all that. I gotta be honest I really would have rather had a FFVII remake. I also would rather they put some resources into Final Fantasy Versus 13 (or FFXV). Also I loath FFX-2, probably wont play it at all.

Once again, people don't realize how hard it'd be to remake FFVII (or any FF games before X)

X and beyond were fairly linear. No world map/overworld. No flyable airship. Just one huge connected world

Remaking FFVII would require MUCH effort to make it look realistic (since, before, having your character be the size of towns was perfectly acceptable)

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 45 (233 Views)
0 Likes