Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 23 2013
By: Sir-Climhazzard PlayStation MVP 7197 posts

Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remasters (Official Discussion)

[ Edited ]
44 replies 3788 views Edited Jan 18, 2014

Hello again, everyone. Cactuar

Because most of us are so eagerly awaiting the Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 HD remasters for PS3 this year, and since Square Enix made an official announcement on their website confirming an expected release date of 2013, I felt it best that we have one thread devoted to discussing FFX HD and FFX-2 HD news, questions and overall discussion rather than having a lot of duplicate threads on the Final Fantasy board.

Please take a look the official Square Enix announcement here.

I will try to update this post as additional information becomes available. Please feel free to post additional links of screenshots, videos and any other pertitent information related to these titles and I will review and add information to this post. You may also send a private message to me with links and information as well, if you prefer. Please be aware that I am not necessarily on the forums every single day so don't panic if this guide is not updated on an hourly basis. I will update it as often as I can.  Thanks, ladies and gentlemen!

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
Game
disk
Hard Copy (Disc or Card)
psn 
PSN  Download
goldtrophy 
Trophy Compatible
console 
Release Date
console 
Platform
Collector's Edition: Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster (sold together)
checkmark
N/A
Yes
March 18, 2014
PlayStation 3
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster (sold together)
checkmark
Not confirmed.
Yes
March 18, 2014
PlayStation 3
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster (sold separately)
checkmark
checkmark
Yes
March 18, 2014
PS Vita

View Official Website (best viewed in Google Chrome so it can be auto-translated to English)

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler Alert! The following images may contain storyline spoilers, viewing is at your own risk.

Before: 

TidusSD 

After: 

Before:

zanarkandsd

After:

VIDEO

Character models in HD (best viewed in 720P):

Note: All characters, imagery and content related to these titles is copyright Square Enix, and I in no way, shape or form take any ownership of anything posted in this thread. Additionally, this thread is in no way, shape or form the view or content of the PS.com forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (3,788 Views)
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Re: Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remasters (Official Discussion)

Mar 23, 2013

I am so excited about this Remake... I have been asking and Waiting for it for years... I even named one of my children after one of the charactors lol    thanks for the Post and I hope to see lots of Stuff here about the remake... 

Is it a combo pack... both games as one sale? Is it going to have trophy support? Maybe an online co op for Blitzball? any Details yet?

I have to say that this was the only good news to come out of Pax this year... well of course Naughtydog and last of us was there too, yet I am not so happy about how many times they have pushed that title back (then again I am glad they are not putting out a crappy glitchy copy of the game... yet this is about FFX lol) 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (1,666 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8463 posts

Mar 23, 2013

I did like FFX.  I wouldnt mind buying and replaying it again, but more than likely trophy support would make the decision for me.  Yes i know it sounds stupid but again i played the game before and beat it.  Having trophies would give me a reason to want to play the game again.

I can say tho i never did play FFX-2 so that would also be a bonus with me buying this game (FFX/FFX-2) if trophies are programmed.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (1,660 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31915 posts

Mar 23, 2013

game looks great. cant wait to see some actual gameplay footage, especialy for the Vita version.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (1,647 Views)
Sackboy
614 posts

Mar 23, 2013

I'm hoping for Cross features such as Cross Buy and Cross save. Square Enix should feature both especially for people whom want to purchase both PS3 and PS Vita versions of the 2 FF games. 

Can't wait for this Monday's trailer. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (1,474 Views)
Gaming Beast
2349 posts

Mar 25, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

I did like FFX.  I wouldnt mind buying and replaying it again, but more than likely trophy support would make the decision for me.  Yes i know it sounds stupid but again i played the game before and beat it.  Having trophies would give me a reason to want to play the game again.

I can say tho i never did play FFX-2 so that would also be a bonus with me buying this game (FFX/FFX-2) if trophies are programmed.

im sure there will be trophies.  they added trophies to God of war when that got the HD remaster.  but man, some of those trophies are going to be a pain.  especially X-2.  if you never played it, its fun, but theres a 100% completion to get in game and goes across 5 chapters. and some of it is just little bits of percentage that matter, like  "talk to this person for .5 percent, and if you dont do it, there goes your 100%, and theres one decision to make, and if you make the wrong one, you definitely will not get it in one playthrough.  i had the strategy guide for it and its still a pain. lol.  but a good game though.

[/img]http://xivreborn.com/gen/Matchbox_Inferno_Exodus_General.jpg[/img]

http://xivreborn.com/gen/Matchbox_Inferno_Exodus_General.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (1,443 Views)
Wastelander
676 posts

Mar 25, 2013
There will definatly be trophies. This is a buy fo me either way. W/o trophies for ffx-2 bundled in i would still be buying this day1 . Im hoping dor cross play/save and the international edition content previously unreleased in te u.s. . Great thing about this title is that is beeing fully recoded fot hd unlike kingdom hearts hd1.5 which is simply being uprezzed tk hd and honestly doent look that much better the the original ps2 graphics. Being fully recoded this game ahould be absolutly beutiful on ps3.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (1,435 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
614 posts

Mar 25, 2013
They said it WILL BE the international versions, I wonder if FFX-2 will have the Last Mission (if that is what it is called).

I hope u can skip cutscenes in FFX, I know u could FFX-2.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (1,417 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
614 posts

Mar 26, 2013
WAIT! I am looking at this chart, it says DISC for both PS3 and Vita versions, does this mean confirm if the Vita versions of both games will be sold in retail versions?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (1,379 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7197 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

Sonicfan11589 wrote:
WAIT! I am looking at this chart, it says DISC for both PS3 and Vita versions, does this mean confirm if the Vita versions of both games will be sold in retail versions?

My understanding from Square's site is that yes they will be selling retail hard copies of PS Vita and PS3 versions. I don't see anything yet that confirms if they will be downloadable from the PSN, but I would imagine it is highly likely since most other HD remasters are downloadable.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 45 (1,374 Views)
0 Likes