PlayStation MVP
157 posts

Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Apr 1, 2012

I have a feeling this will wind up being Final Fantasy 15 and come out sometime around fall 2013 for Ps3/XBOX 360/WIIU. I mean they pretty much have to, or else just move it to next gen consoles entirely,

Message 11 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Apr 2, 2012

tiffaw wrote:

Is this a title that we will see in the states? Or has it been aready released, cause this is one that I would really like to play.

Versus XIII is vaporware. It's been in development limbo for years due to Square-Enix' greed and incompetence.

Message 12 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2249 posts

Apr 7, 2012

Aeternitas33 wrote:

Versus XIII is vaporware. It's been in development limbo for years due to Square-Enix' greed and incompetence.

I agree completely. They keep cannibalizing the development team to help finish their other dumb projects and failed Final Fantasy games, while the one game that shows enough promise to redeem the franchise keeps getting delayed and forgotten. It's something I think about at least once a day and it depresses me to be honest. I want the game so bad, I want the franchise to return to what made it so great and made me so proud to be a fan, but they keep neglecting it.

The fact that XIII and especially XIII-2 sold at all gives them reason to keep milking that IP and keep delaying what could be a financial flop. I think if the rest of Versus is anything like the gameplay we've seen, it'll be amazing.

What worries me is that they haven't shown anything new in a long time and that's where rumors of it's cancellation have come about - it should still be in production but who knows what the hell is going on in their Japanese studios, the same thing has been happening with Sony's internal Japanese studios.. they seem to be lagging behind their Western competitors.

Message 13 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Apr 8, 2012

My guess is that something about this game will be announced at either E3 or the end of this year.

Message 14 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

Apr 9, 2012

Schobeleth wrote:

I want the game so bad, I want the franchise to return to what made it so great and made me so proud to be a fan, but they keep neglecting it.

Sorry, but this comment made me laugh

Mainly because how this game is rumored to be is nothing at all like a final fantasy game, more like Kingdom Hearts set in a Final Fantasy world. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the game, but the game will be nothing like any of the old Final Fantasy games.

Message 15 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Apr 9, 2012

Considering how long the game has been in development I would not be surprised if they just wait to make it a launch game with the PS4. Considering we heard about this game at the begining of the PS3 lifecycle and it still has not been released or seen really anything besides a tech demo.

IMO this is the last year the game has. If it does not come out by the end of this year or announced for early next year then it will either never get released or they are re-working it for the PS4. Personally, I think I would rather see it as a luanch game for the PS4. I remember first seeing it and thinking it looked amazing.......now......not so much. Don't get me wrong the graphics would not change my mind on buying it but I would rather have a visualy superior version on a new system.

Message 16 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Apr 11, 2012

It is still in development, and Square Enix is trying to release it in "chapters" or parts, like a serial of some sort.

The full game's plot will be available by buying it, and then Square Enix will release paid digital expansion packs of some kind to bring even more to the story.

Message 17 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Apr 11, 2012

johntown wrote:

IMO this is the last year the game has. If it does not come out by the end of this year or announced for early next year then it will either never get released or they are re-working it for the PS4. Personally, I think I would rather see it as a luanch game for the PS4.

Sorry, but the entire reason I bought a PS3 was to play FF XIII and Versus XIII. Well, FF XIII was butchered to hell, while Versus XIII was left to rot. Do you realize that Versus XIII was orginally supposed to be a PS2 game? So if you tell me that it's not going to come out until the PS4, well, you can count me out. As a point of honor, I'm not buying a PS4 just to play this game.

Not. Happening.

The only saving graces for this console, from my perspective, have been Dragon Age: Origins, Catherine and PS Home. However, I'm so unhappy with the direction that the NA Home has been taking recently, that I'm not about to buy a PS4 just to use Home either.

Either Versus XIII comes out on the PS3 or I'm done with Sony and Square-Enix.

And just to respond to one other point, one of the reasons I was looking forward to Versus XIII was that it wasn't supposed to be like a "typical" FF, because historically, those are the games that I've enjoyed the most. FF Tactics, FF V, FF VIII, FF XII, what do all these games have in common? They weren't your "typical" FF.

Message 18 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 24, 2012

iBOCK_ wrote:

It is still in development, and Square Enix is trying to release it in "chapters" or parts, like a serial of some sort.

The full game's plot will be available by buying it, and then Square Enix will release paid digital expansion packs of some kind to bring even more to the story.

That's interesting! I wonder how much the DLC will cost.

Message 19 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Apr 24, 2012

Aeternitas33 wrote:

johntown wrote:

IMO this is the last year the game has. If it does not come out by the end of this year or announced for early next year then it will either never get released or they are re-working it for the PS4. Personally, I think I would rather see it as a luanch game for the PS4.

Sorry, but the entire reason I bought a PS3 was to play FF XIII and Versus XIII. Well, FF XIII was butchered to hell, while Versus XIII was left to rot. Do you realize that Versus XIII was orginally supposed to be a PS2 game? So if you tell me that it's not going to come out until the PS4, well, you can count me out. As a point of honor, I'm not buying a PS4 just to play this game.

Not. Happening.

The only saving graces for this console, from my perspective, have been Dragon Age: Origins, Catherine and PS Home. However, I'm so unhappy with the direction that the NA Home has been taking recently, that I'm not about to buy a PS4 just to use Home either.

Either Versus XIII comes out on the PS3 or I'm done with Sony and Square-Enix.

And just to respond to one other point, one of the reasons I was looking forward to Versus XIII was that it wasn't supposed to be like a "typical" FF, because historically, those are the games that I've enjoyed the most. FF Tactics, FF V, FF VIII, FF XII, what do all these games have in common? They weren't your "typical" FF.

When I purchased my PS3 four years ago, a HUGE reason I bought it was for Versus XIII. It was supposed to be the flagship game for the PS3 and re-introduce an "open world" such as FF IX.

Square Enix is pathetic anymore. FF XIII was awful (in my opinion) and I haven't even put more than two seconds worth of thought into FF XIII-2.

If they are smart, they will release Versus for the PS4 as a major launch title. And at that point, I may not even have a PS4. My PS3 still has plenty of life in it.

Message 20 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes