Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8519 posts

Re: Final Fantasy VIII MVP Game Review!

Feb 20, 2010

I didn't like Junctioning at first either. I didn't get nearly as far as you did before giving up, though. After I finally made myself play it, I liked junctioning, but didn't like drawing because of the tediousness of it. That, and the 'meh' story/characters were my complaints with it.

Which is why I love IX. Great characters, great story, and a job system that I like (i.e. fixed)

Message 11 of 17 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
672 posts

Feb 21, 2010

Hey, it's not for everyone, but yeah, I LOVED IX as well.  I liked 6,7,8,9.  I could care less about X-above.

I liked how nine took it back to the whole fantasy realm, and out of the human/weapons/futuristic place.  It was a nice change of pace. 

PSN: SNiPeR_MiKe
XBL: SNiPeRMiKe360

Message 12 of 17 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Feb 21, 2010

SNiPeR_MiKe wrote: 

I liked how nine took it back to the whole fantasy realm, and out of the human/weapons/futuristic place.  It was a nice change of pace. 

Well going off how they've been doing things (SE and the PSN) we should see FFIX this year. I'll be downloading the day it arrives even though I have discs.

Message 13 of 17 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
672 posts

Feb 21, 2010
I might do that to.  Although I just recently played 7,8,9 I think 2 years ago sometime.  I do that every now and then when I get the itch to play them.  The same thing with Crono Trigger for SNES.
PSN: SNiPeR_MiKe
XBL: SNiPeRMiKe360

Message 14 of 17 (25 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 13, 2010

The only thing i didn't like about FFXIII is that you can't control all the characters. FF7 is the best ever. The rest is alright. I dont like the A.I. controllng the other characters no matter how you set their function. Its not the same. Some games are just better they way the are. at least let you have the option. That option should be for beginners. not people that been playing FF. Stop taking away from the game. Leave it the way it always was.

Message 15 of 17 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Mar 19, 2010

A fantastic review by PW!!    I actually also just started playing FF8.  I love the game so far.   But I agree with him when he says its easy to jump into but gets very complex.   I think I'm at the part where the combat (and upgrade system) start to get really confusing.  LOL.

I think I definately need to invest some time checking out a guide for getting upgrades from the card game.   (I previously had little interest in it, but since reading the review, I definately want to look into it, since it sounds like its gonna save me time from endlessly drawing magics from enemies.  LOL)

Message 16 of 17 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Mar 25, 2010

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

A fantastic review by PW!!    I actually also just started playing FF8. 

I'm glad you liked the review SV. I just finished writing ones for FFVII & Crisis Core. I have about half of my review of XIII written, but it'll be a while before I finish it up. Still playing XIII

Message 17 of 17 (25 Views)
0 Likes