Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 08 2012
By: Onemaingun First Son 7 posts

Final Fantasy VII * PSN VERSION* PS3 Freeze at end of Disc 1 switching to 2

2 replies 695 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

Hello everyone,

Last week my wife told me she had downloaded Final Fantasy VII on the PS3.  I grinned a bit and told her it was always my favorite out of the series.  So I settled in for the night, with a good guide I googled and a few soda's.  Hadn't pulled an all nighter of FF in awhile so it was a very cool idea.

So here is the issue. 

At the end of Disc 1 after Aeris is killed by Sephiroth and you fight Jenova and are given a prompt to save game and switch to disc two. 

Naturally I hit the PS button and the option is there to switch discs.  I switch the discs it loads and game begins after Cloud explains to your party he shouldn't go on, but will if they go with.  No Controller response.  I have tried multiple settings and did some of my own troubleshooting with no possible solution that I can find.

1. No Smoothing, Normal Screen - No Smoothing, Full Screen - Smoothing, Normal - Smoothing, Full etc etc

2. The PS Button seems to glitch the game and no controller response, possible solution here?????

3. Completely deleted the install and the dl,  dl'd again and re-installed with no success

4. Switching to slot 1 or 2 does not work

I really think it's down to the controller as I can repeat this glitch outside in the world map just by pressing the PS button and returning to the game and the controller / game will not function except the PS button will allow me to return to all those options.

Strange glitch, sad that a 100,000 copies of this have been distributed for 9.99 and I find something so easy, yet so painful after 35 hours into the first disc.

Sigh, well I have a second year fatty 80 gig with firmware version 4.25

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (695 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Re: Final Fantasy VII * PSN VERSION* PS3 Freeze at end of Disc 1 switching to 2

Oct 8, 2012
Does the controller slot setting seem to change before and after the problem? i.e. 1 / 1-A or 1 / 2-B or whatever the pattern is
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (693 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Final Fantasy VII * PSN VERSION* PS3 Freeze at end of Disc 1 switching to 2

Oct 8, 2012

No, but guess what I just found a fix to this bug.

So when it prompts to disc change at the end of disc one and option to save.

1. Save your game

2. Reset Game on disc 2

3. Load save game and the bug breaks!

I saw this problem on a couple other forums, going to post it up!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (687 Views)
0 Likes