Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 01 2012
By: AchillesVsHector Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

Final Fantasy VII ChocoBuckle not working like it's suppose to

6 replies 427 views Edited Sep 1, 2012

Final Fantasy VII ChocoBuckle not working like it's suppose to from what Final Fantasy VII Ultimate Guide book says

So, I ran away from battle like 51 times and instead of ChocoBuckle deducting 250 something points from an opponent it only deducts a weak 51 points! From what the guide-book(unofficial guide book but suppose to be actually better than the real guide book) It says after running from battle 50 times I should have a hit point of 250 but I don't, I have a weak 51 points... :smileysad:

Final Fantasy VII Ultimate Guide book(Un-Official)

The Legendary ChocoBuckle Magic

Now give it a try... WHAT? All that for a measly 20 points of damage!?! "Guide book is even lying, my Chocobuckle only did 10 points damage when I got it not 20 points... :smileysad:"

Well, in this picture. yes, but the amount of damage Chocobuckle does is actually based on the formulta that multiplies your current leven by the number of times you've run away (in this case once). So if you run away a lot, this spell increases dramatically... If you've run away as little as 50 times you'll be doing 4-digit damage even in this easly stage of the game!

Is the Guide book full of crap? It's only giving me a measly 1 point each time I run away from battle... This is a weak pathetic enemy summon.... :smileysad:

Message 1 of 7 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Re: Final Fantasy VII ChocoBuckle not working like it's suppose to

Sep 1, 2012
This is kinda weird, but I suggest going over to this page:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Chocobuckle

Well, if that help you, then don't thank me just yet. This thread is not related to the Vita at all fyi, you should post it in the PSOne Classics and PS2 Forum there are lot of thread about FFVII there :smileyhappy:
I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 2 of 7 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Final Fantasy VII just came out for the Vita, anyone who is a huge fan like I am of this game probably bought it just like I did unless they already had the ps3 version and just put it to the vita that way. I must say I like the look of final fantasy VII for vita. The cinematics look better than on a big screen, plus I love the vitas screen.

Message 3 of 7 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 1, 2012
It's not a new game for the Vita, it's just emulate to run on it, plus it's an old game so using "Just Came Out" isn't necessary. But nice to see you like it, but like I say before, you should post it in the PSONe Classics and PS2 forum, this game has no relation to the Vita as all beside being a game that could be run on it, so this is not the right forum to write about it. I hope you understand, Mod will moved this anyway :smileyhappy:
I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 4 of 7 (418 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Sep 1, 2012

That was one enemy skill I never had. However after reading the link that Khoal provided I found the following piece of information which would explain your issue.

It has a great damage potential, as the damage is calculated by the number of battles the party has escaped from, meaning it could potentially deal 9,999 damage for the relative small cost of 3 MP. However, it would take a long time to power up the spell to this level. In the game's Japanese version, the damage was based on the number of battles the party has run away from multiplied by the user's level.This was changed for future releases, most likely because of how strong the attack could become at an early point in the game.

My guess is that is the reason why it is so weak right now for you. The NA and EU versions were modified before they were released to prevent it from becoming too powerful too early in the game. There is a suggestion in there as well to try powering it up to the point it does either 1,111 or 2,222 and using it on a character with maxed out HP to trigger the Lucky 7s ability.

I hope that helps you out some. I'm sorry if that's not the perfect solution though :smileysad:

Message 5 of 7 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

Thanks, that weapon is pointless and a time waster. I'm not gonna try to level it up anymore. They really screwed that weapon up for the American release, now it was pointless for me to ever win it in the first place. It's one of the weakest weapons in the game. No one is gonna run away from a battle 1,000 times, because that would take probably 24 hours in real-time. Running away like 50 times took me probably like 30 minutes to an hour. Nice time waster to find out that the American strategy guide I'm reading from was playing the japanese version... 

Message 6 of 7 (399 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Sep 1, 2012

AchillesVsHector wrote:

Thanks, that weapon is pointless and a time waster. I'm not gonna try to level it up anymore. They really screwed that weapon up for the American release, now it was pointless for me to ever win it in the first place. It's one of the weakest weapons in the game. No one is gonna run away from a battle 1,000 times, because that would take probably 24 hours in real-time. Running away like 50 times took me probably like 30 minutes to an hour. Nice time waster to find out that the American strategy guide I'm reading from was playing the japanese version... 

Sorry dude. I don't think I ever got all the enemy skills for that Materia and until this thread I hadn't even heard of the skill. (But then I was never a huge fan of VII. I have beaten the game twice though)

Message 7 of 7 (394 Views)
0 Likes