Feb 11 2010
By: AriesWarlock Monster Hunter 31 posts

Final Fantasy Crisis Core questions

7 replies 12 views Edited Feb 11, 2010
Hi, I am playing through Crisis Core and wanted to ask for tips on things I should know or that I might miss. For example, back when I played FFVII we didn't know we could use elemental materia to give that element to weapons. Are there things like that in Crisis Core? I am guessing there must be a super ultra materia acquired by fusing materia but there's so many. How ultimate about equipment? Sidequests? I want to get everything there is in this game. Thanks.
Message 1 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Re: Final Fantasy Crisis Core questions

Feb 11, 2010

Yeah, there is are elemental materia in the game, and there's also accesories that give your physical attack an element or status.

There's also ultimate materia also like Ultima and Flare and a few new powerful magics, there's also Costly Punch which pretty muich breaks the game when you get it.

As for equipment or accesories is the Genji equipment set, there's 4 in all and all of them are acquired differently, want me to tell you how to get them?

The majority of sidequests are the missions, there's 300 in all, there are a few small quests when you're in Midgar though, make sure to consult a walktrough if you want to get everything.

Oh and here's a materia fusion guide too.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/925138/50921

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Message 2 of 8 (12 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Feb 11, 2010

Thanks a lot. As for the Genji equipment, will there be any way to know it exist or how to get it, or will it be one of those things you find out by reading online?

Also, are the thunder, thundara, thundaga spells something like thunder 2 and 3??

Message 3 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Feb 11, 2010

AriesWarlock wrote:

Thanks a lot. As for the Genji equipment, will there be any way to know it exist or how to get it, or will it be one of those things you find out by reading online?

Also, are the thunder, thundara, thundaga spells something like thunder 2 and 3??

You'll eventually find or get them, but there's one in particular, it's the one where you got 100% of your DMW, the only missable DMW is Phoenix, and the only way to obtain Phoenix is during your visit to Nibelheim, so make sure you read a walktrough by then so you dont miss it, and surprisingly enough it also one of the easier ones to obtain too.

And are you sure you don't want to tell you where they are, or are you going to get by yourself?

Yeah, they renamed them ever since 8, there's also the Dark and Hell Fire, Blizzard or Lighting magics too, whech give status effects when hit.

Message 4 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Feb 12, 2010

I just wanted to add that you don't need to worry about getting everything on your first play through. Crisis Core has a new game+ mode where you can replay the game with the same level and equipment and stuff that you had when you beat it.

Message 5 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Feb 12, 2010

Myth384 wrote: 

You'll eventually find or get them, but there's one in particular, it's the one where you got 100% of your DMW, the only missable DMW is Phoenix, and the only way to obtain Phoenix is during your visit to Nibelheim, so make sure you read a walktrough by then so you dont miss it, and surprisingly enough it also one of the easier ones to obtain too.

And are you sure you don't want to tell you where they are, or are you going to get by yourself?

Yeah, they renamed them ever since 8, there's also the Dark and Hell Fire, Blizzard or Lighting magics too, whech give status effects when hit.

If you say there's indications of the genji equipment then I wanna try getting them myself. Thanks for the phoenix tip, I am going to read on it nowl.

Message 6 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Feb 12, 2010

QPitty wrote:

I just wanted to add that you don't need to worry about getting everything on your first play through. Crisis Core has a new game+ mode where you can replay the game with the same level and equipment and stuff that you had when you beat it.

I know, thanks. But I usually like getting everything I can the first time, too many games that need my attention Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Feb 12, 2010

AriesWarlock wrote:

Myth384 wrote: 

If you say there's indications of the genji equipment then I wanna try getting them myself. Thanks for the phoenix tip, I am going to read on it nowl.

And the same goes for missable missions too, which all are obtained when you're at Midgar.

And another shop which is called Research Dept. QMC+, which is gotten in Gongaga.

And use this guide, just skip to missable things is you dont want to spoil yourself.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/925138/50842

Message 8 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes