Highlighted
Nov 29 2003
By: SeanLegend Sackboy 543 posts

Final Fantasy 8 (Disk 3) Leveling-Up Trick. *Spoilers*

6 replies 167 views Edited Nov 29, 2003

Well I've been getting a good volume of PMs lately regarding something I mentioned in another FF8 thread. Its just basically a good leveling-up trick. Some of you may know this already. If you do, don't bother whining saying, "yeah everyone knows this etc etc". I found it my first time through (when FF8 first came out) and was able to level up my characters fairly quick.

Well here it goes.

- Meant to be used on Disk 3 (maybe can be used earlier, not sure)

- Junction Death to your ST-ATK (perferably 100 deaths) OR have Quistis in your party with the Degenerator Ability

- Also have ENC-None junctioned so that annoying battles won't interfere in this process. (It will take you like 10 times longer if not junctioned)

Pilot the Ragnarok to Esthar/Airstation. When you come out, keep moving until the next screen. Now you have the option of going UP or DOWN. Go DOWN. Keep running off to the right side until you get to the area where there is a man standing near 3 tunnels, and an Esthar Soldier is running through the left one. Go UP and to the right side of the top tunnel to go down the stairs. You will enter an area where you'll see a save point & a beam will surround you that restores hp/mp etc. Keep going. On the next screen, you can either go UP or down the stairs to the RIGHT. Go RIGHT down the stairs and you'll see a black figure at the back. Talk to him and he'll say "Hahehehe". You then get into a battle with him. He's actually a monster called "Elnoyle". The cousin of Elvoret that you fought at the communications tower. As long as you have death junctioned to your ST-ATK he'll die sooner or later from a shot or two. If not, he'll take a few more shots. If you don't have enough death junctioned, he may take a while to beat. After you beat him, he disappears. Next, go RIGHT until you exit the screen. After the screen loads, go back the way you came. You'll see that he's there again. Keep entering/exiting the screen  to earn a lot of EXP.

FOR THOSE WHO JUST WOULD JUST RATHER USE QUISTIS AND HER DEGENERATOR ABILTY:

Also if you don't want to junction death etc, just have Quistis in your party at low health so that she has a limit break everytime. Use "Degenerator" which kills the enemy instantly. Keep repeating it.

Everything I have said above is completely true, minus maybe the directions to the black figured man. If not, they are very close.

If there are any errors (directions), I'll come back and fix them.

I hope this helps everyone.

Message Edited by scjohnston05 on 11-29-2003 01:20 AM

Message 1 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
543 posts

Re: Final Fantasy 8 Leveling-Up Trick. *Spoilers*

Nov 29, 2003
To finish him even quicker, junction INITIATIVE or Auto-Haste to the charcters (or Quistis).
Message 2 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Re: Final Fantasy 8 (Disk 3) Leveling-Up Trick. *Spoilers*

Nov 29, 2003
yea i knew about Elnoyle and the degenerator attack.. didnt know about the 100 deaths.. but i doubt im gonna be playing that game anytimes soon... *sighs*
Message 3 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1728 posts

Nov 29, 2003
how about The Island Closest To Hell/Heavan ???
I'm Empty, Empty Through And Through
Message 4 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Nov 30, 2003
ya those monsters are really tough on the island closest to hell but eaiser on the one closer to heaven. My recommendation: go to the hell one if u r level 60 and above below go to the heaven one.
Message 5 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10751 posts

Nov 30, 2003
Another good thing about killing this Elnoyle is that you'll get an Energy Crystal and it can be refined into Pulse Ammo.
Message 6 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Nov 30, 2003

,maricam wrote:
Another good thing about killing this Elnoyle is that you'll get an Energy Crystal and it can be refined into Pulse Ammo.

i was just gonna say that. that is a good thing. i like pulse ammo. it makes bad guys go boom.

"Tell me friend, you ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"
Message 7 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes