Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Re: FFXIV for PC or PS3?

Aug 7, 2010

M4DSK1LLZ420 wrote:

VictorWI wrote:

BS.  The PC version has been the problem. Multiple platforms and hardware. If the had gone with PS3 exclusive launch this would have already been out.  And the PS3 can still keep up with *most* PC hardware.

NO    1)  if the pc version was the problem it would have been the one to get delayed. I dont get your rationale.

2)  the multiple platform and hardware is the ps3.....

3)  Even if it was a ps3 exclusive it would not be out yet.

4)   Have you used the web browser lately? you honestly think the ps3 keeps up with modern pc ?

I am a console gamer and never game on pc but your statements are blatently false.

what does the web browser have to do with anything, the purpose of the ps3 isnt to search the web

Message 31 of 38 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Aug 7, 2010

Soulistance wrote:

rnldrc22 wrote:

Hello!

I have a question. I see that the ps3 version of FFXIV is going to be delayed like several months and the PC version is coming out now in September.

So, I would like to know why is this difference? will the ps3 version have more to offer than the pc version? If so, like what it will have?

which one should i get it? which one is better?

That's all up to you, depending on which one you use more (Computer or Ps3) and if your computer has a better graphics card and more RAM than your PS3 does. All in all, I'd wait, since I have other games I could play. BUT, since the Ps3 release is months away from the PC release, and if you're one of those gamers who wan't to be one of the strongest in the game and plays often, then I'd probably go with the PC release since colstripcapn   said that PC users and PS3 users will play together.

its easy to have a supposedly better graphics card than ps3, BUT when cell and rsx are in the right hands it changes the whole game of better than rsx alone

Message 32 of 38 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Aug 7, 2010

rnldrc22 wrote:

Soulistance wrote:

rnldrc22 wrote:

Hello!

I have a question. I see that the ps3 version of FFXIV is going to be delayed like several months and the PC version is coming out now in September.

So, I would like to know why is this difference? will the ps3 version have more to offer than the pc version? If so, like what it will have?

which one should i get it? which one is better?

That's all up to you, depending on which one you use more (Computer or Ps3) and if your computer has a better graphics card and more RAM than your PS3 does. All in all, I'd wait, since I have other games I could play. BUT, since the Ps3 release is months away from the PC release, and if you're one of those gamers who wan't to be one of the strongest in the game and plays often, then I'd probably go with the PC release since colstripcapn   said that PC users and PS3 users will play together.

That's a really tough question, i mosly play my ps3 than my pc. Not that i dont have a very good pc, but i prefer my ps3 because it can be easier to play and i dont have to deal with mouse and keyboard lol. Also i dont know if i would be able to play FFXIV right now since i would have university and many other games to play :smileytongue: But, i really want to play FFXIV >_< I think i'll go with the PC version hahahhah

I have a core i7 920 with 6 gb of ram and Nvidia of 1.5 gb, you think thats enough? xD

Like colstripcapn said, PC can be upgradable while ps3 you can not. And if players of both versions can play together, it will be the most fun!

So, i will get the PC version.

Ah, also when i bought my FFXIII for ps3, it came with an item for FFXIV, would it work on the PC version?

good computer really doesnt mean much

Message 33 of 38 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

Aug 8, 2010

At first I was upset when I heard that it was coming out on the PS3 next year. I got over that, I'll just wait I have a computer more than capable of running the game I just decided awhile ago that I wasn't going to game on the PC anymore. Plus this will give me time with DCUO. I will, however, frequent these forums to get the opinions of the game from you all that will be playing.

Message 34 of 38 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Aug 8, 2010

Never was much of a PC gamer, always console for me. Plus I don't have a personal PC that can be used for as much as I would play XIV. If I have the money and time then I will definitely be picking  up XIV for PS3. 

I'm hoping they'll offer the same collectors pack they are giving for the PC with the PS3. 

Message 35 of 38 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Aug 8, 2010

I think i'm gonna buy FFXIV for PC now and when the PS3 version be available, i just switch to the PS3 version^^ It will be a blast on the ps3 since it will also be HD!

Regards,

Ronaldo Campos
Message 36 of 38 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
29 posts

Aug 9, 2010

I'll be picking it up for PS3 but only if i don't get sick of hearing about it from PC gamers during the gap of release dates.

Message 37 of 38 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Aug 9, 2010

Kanu_Uncho wrote:

I'll be picking it up for PS3 but only if i don't get sick of hearing about it from PC gamers during the gap of release dates.

I dont know, i guess you will be hearing a lot.. that will practically be inevitable since the gap between PC and Ps3 versions are pretty big like several months. If you want a new and unique experience you should get the PC version because everybody will be new to it. Well, i think..

I'm preparing my PC for the FFXIV =D

Regards,

Ronaldo Campos
Message 38 of 38 (90 Views)
0 Likes