Aug 19 2013
By: Vishana First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

FFXIV Digital CE & Standard and early access codes?

23 replies 964 views Edited Aug 19, 2013

I am curious I haven't heard how or when those of us who have PreOrderded directly off of PSN for digital copies of the game are supposed to get our Early Access Codes. When I ordered mine I assumed it would be coming via Email Yet I haven't gotten one yet... Playing on the phase 4 beta it sounded like others are wondering about this same thing as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (964 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Re: FFXIV Digital CE & Standard and early access codes?

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

Does the Digital copy specifically say you get early access??
I had heard it only had the special items...

Ordered mine by Gamestop so got my early access on downpayment..

Reason I'm asking is this is on the main site

Customers that pre-order FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (either the Collector's Edition or Standard Edition) will receive special bonuses!

Early Access to FFXIV: A Realm Reborn
If you pre-order FFXIV: A Realm Reborn from a participating retailer and register the pre-order code within the specificied time period, you will be granted access to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn prior to the official launch!

I saw on Squares Digital download mention of early access ...

* Details will be announced at a later date with early access commencing prior to launch.
* An internet connection is required for early access.

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (952 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 19, 2013

At the end just before I placed my order it told me that I should get early access and the same early access items. So I am kind of confused atm.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (913 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Aug 19, 2013

why we couldn't pre order the collectors edition at gamestop now I dont have the disc artwork but mount helm and pet plus whatever mad

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (909 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Aug 19, 2013

so just let gamestop borrow $5 for the E/A code?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (907 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Vishana wrote:

At the end just before I placed my order it told me that I should get early access and the same early access items. So I am kind of confused atm.

I am too I checked the sony site and it didnt mention anything specifically but then squares download site does o.O

You may want to use sony support to get a direct response...

Did you get a hard copy of your purchase stating early release?

I looked online the night you posted the question and havent found a yes/no for you -yet

I'm going to look more tonight unless someone else gets you a solid response.

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (900 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Aug 19, 2013

theoretical0 wrote:

so just let gamestop borrow $5 for the E/A code?

Sadly never that easy...

Codes are generated based on item purchased.

I know I got very lucky and I got my reservation the morning before they officially ran out of the CE @ gamestop...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8423 posts

Aug 20, 2013

The box that pops up when you preorder on the PSN says you will get the preoder bonus.  You dont need a code according to some ppl who have talk to Sony and SE as it will auto kick in

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (890 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 20, 2013
I've been stressing over this I downloaded the CE off psn and don't know how to get the codes but you're saying when I start the game up on the 24th for early acess it will work and ill have the items also?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (869 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Aug 20, 2013

thats what makes no sense to me either.. unless Sony is going to mail a special code the game cant be released till the 27th so unless people are going to use the P4 client... something is missing...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (858 Views)
0 Likes