Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Re: FFXIII-2

Feb 3, 2011

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Knowing how disappointing Final Fantasy XIII is, my expectations for the second installment are set even lower.

I'm not sure yet if I'll even pick up this game, at least not at launch. With the game most likely due for next year (in the North American region), it may be something decent to pick up and play if there isn't already a cluster of other big titles to buy during the game's release window. Right now 2011 is piling up with many potential winners throughout the year. 2012, on the other hand, I don't know of too many games coming yet.

So, we'll see what happens in the future.

Grey pretty much summed up my feelings on FFXIII. As such I'm not planning on picking up XIII-2 until it's a "greatest hit" or in the bargain bin.

Strangely I initially liked XIII and even wrote out some a detailed "pro's & con's" list on the old forums as to that effect. Though the longer I played the more I disliked the game. I've never finished my playthru though I hope to be able to stomach through the rest one day.

Message 11 of 23 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

Feb 7, 2011

M4DSK1LLZ420 wrote:

YukitoKunisaki wrote:

The original FF13 had like....50 hours of content cut. That is most likely what 13-2 is.

ya this is also what i believe is the case. Also if we remember there was a time when they had said there would be dlc for xiii . Im sure that planned dlc plus the cut content is going to be pushed off on us as a full retail game ... and maybe it will be enough for a 60$ price point . any wayz Im more interested in versus honestly.

I'm not sure why people think they're jumping to the cut content. Perhaps the locations, but certainly not story. The one and only thing the trailer would seam to suggest is that this takes place after the story of XIII.

My expectations for the game are low, they'll ether keep the awful combat system or make it even worse. Not a day one buy for me, I'll get it after a price drop or used, unless it really does turn out to be pure crap then I'll just pass on it all together.

Message 12 of 23 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Feb 8, 2011

I am a bit leary about XIII-2 myself. I liked XIII well enough not enough to go for plat though. They'll need to do a lot to get me to buy XIII-2.

Message 13 of 23 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16276 posts

Feb 8, 2011

CoarseDragon wrote:

I am a bit leary about XIII-2 myself. I liked XIII well enough not enough to go for plat though. They'll need to do a lot to get me to buy XIII-2.

a rental then??

i rented FFXIII when it's out..  but eh.. didn't get far before i'm already bored of it.. handed it to my brother.. and he's about 25-30 hours in it.. but then he stopped as well..  

so.. FFXIII-2 will be a rental as well...  FFIV is an online only game.. so.. guess don't want .. guess the next FF for us is FFXV???

or maybe FFXIII versus  

To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN + The Interview****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 23 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Feb 8, 2011

colstripcapn wrote:

M4DSK1LLZ420 wrote:

YukitoKunisaki wrote:

The original FF13 had like....50 hours of content cut. That is most likely what 13-2 is.

ya this is also what i believe is the case. Also if we remember there was a time when they had said there would be dlc for xiii . Im sure that planned dlc plus the cut content is going to be pushed off on us as a full retail game ... and maybe it will be enough for a 60$ price point . any wayz Im more interested in versus honestly.

I'm not sure why people think they're jumping to the cut content. Perhaps the locations, but certainly not story. The one and only thing the trailer would seam to suggest is that this takes place after the story of XIII.

My expectations for the game are low, they'll ether keep the awful combat system or make it even worse. Not a day one buy for me, I'll get it after a price drop or used, unless it really does turn out to be pure crap then I'll just pass on it all together.

why cross out the part about versus ?dont quite get that and it has nothing to do with the comment you posted. Any way the reason i mainly think there going to pack a lot of cut content altered in some way to make "sense" im sure , with the planned dlc is because xiii was in production about 3 years. xiii-2 will release ( supposedly ) slightly over a year later. so 3 years to just over 1 year that sounds to me as if they are taking what they had laying around to packaging it at full retail. also i read on g4tv that due to ffxiv's tragic launch square enixs 2010 profits were down 90% to what they expected and now there trying to make money anyway possible visave taking dlc/cut content and making it a full release.

Message 15 of 23 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8519 posts

Feb 8, 2011

XIII was in production for more like 5 years, I think. And yes, I agree, they'll probably use many unused areas from the cut content.

Note, though, that much of XIII's development time was creating the White Engine (renamed Crystal Tools)

Message 16 of 23 (22 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
424 posts

Feb 10, 2011

Honestly in my humble opinion, is that instead of making a whole new game, like say....Final Fantasy XV, they chose to re-up this installment for a couple of reasons. They want to see what they could continue to do off their game engine, possible improve the game, and get feedback from the consumers on how good/bad of a job they did re-vamping it. That is all this is, it is one big trial and error deal of seeing what else they could've done, and will do to try and make it the ultimate Final Fantasy gaming experience for the style of game that it is. Now what I mean by this is, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, as you all know is more like Kingdom Hearts, so that is a whole different animal in itself. But I honestly do believe that this is just a re-vamp, and them saying, "See look, we can put towns in new-generation Final Fantasy game."

Message 17 of 23 (22 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Apr 4, 2011

primalcarnage wrote:

XIII-2 will be 25 of the 50 hours cut, XIII-3 will be the other 25.

There's gonna be a XIII-3?   I think I missed the memo on that one.  Not that I would complain.  25 hours isn't much for an RPG though.

Message 18 of 23 (22 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 13, 2011

I am looking forward to Final Fantasy 13-2!

Message 19 of 23 (22 Views)
First Son
31 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Awesome!

Message 20 of 23 (22 Views)