Nov 20 2003
By: TacticAngel Hekseville Citizen 288 posts

FFX2 - Challenge Factor

16 replies 14 views Edited Nov 20, 2003

I've been playing this game for just about two days solid. I am roaming arround through the temples (and for those who haven't gotten that far yet, I'm not about to say why) and the unnamed bosses seem far more challenging than really any in any previous Final Fantasy for the level I suppose I am supposed to be in order to fight them. Despite the fact these all get 2 or 3 stars on the map, I am pretty familiar with the "GAME OVER" screen. It also seems that a larger number of random creatures have the ability to kill you pretty easily.

What I am trying to say is FFX2 seems to be far more challenging than any of the recent FF installments. Does anyone agree with me?

Message 1 of 17 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Re: FFX2 - Challenge Factor

Nov 20, 2003

,TacticAngel wrote:

I've been playing this game for just about two days solid. I am roaming arround through the temples (and for those who haven't gotten that far yet, I'm not about to say why) and the unnamed bosses seem far more challenging than really any in any previous Final Fantasy for the level I suppose I am supposed to be in order to fight them. Despite the fact these all get 2 or 3 stars on the map, I am pretty familiar with the "GAME OVER" screen. It also seems that a larger number of random creatures have the ability to kill you pretty easily.

What I am trying to say is FFX2 seems to be far more challenging than any of the recent FF installments. Does anyone agree with me?

I don't know, but maybe you need to level up more.
Message 2 of 17 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Re: FFX2 - Challenge Factor**possible spoilers**

Nov 20, 2003
Are you jumping from hotspot to hotspot?  If you are, you needed to be visiting all the other areas also.  You are missing out on some good items and grids.
You did what?! This is going to have serious consequences my friend.
Message 3 of 17 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Nov 20, 2003

,TacticAngel wrote:

You should probably just take some time to level up. I've actually found the game to be quite easy so far.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 4 of 17 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Nov 21, 2003
I'm pretty sure its not the level thats a problem. All of my characters are in the mid 30's and if this is anything like traditional Final Fantasies, that means I've already attained half of the levels I would need to beat the game (65 being a pretty average level for completing almost all FF's for non-99 obsessed players). Perhaps you just haven't gotten there yet I've did almost nothing but play FFX2 all Tuesday and Wednesday.
Message 5 of 17 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Nov 21, 2003

,TacticAngel wrote:
I'm pretty sure its not the level thats a problem. All of my characters are in the mid 30's and if this is anything like traditional Final Fantasies, that means I've already attained half of the levels I would need to beat the game (65 being a pretty average level for completing almost all FF's for non-99 obsessed players). Perhaps you just haven't gotten there yet I've did almost nothing but play FFX2 all Tuesday and Wednesday.
Perhaps..:smileyhappy:

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 6 of 17 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2804 posts

Nov 22, 2003

,TacticAngel wrote:

I'm finding it pretty easy but I hate the sphere break game.
Message 7 of 17 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Nov 22, 2003

Yeah the only main problem with X-2 that i see is the leveling up is pretty bad and ridiculous. I know what you mean its not you the game is just like that. I spent 2 weeks just leveling up every time i turned the game on lol. =^_^=

Message 8 of 17 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Nov 22, 2003
I'll let you know Monday when I have got to the same place as you are talking about.
You did what?! This is going to have serious consequences my friend.
Message 9 of 17 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3115 posts

Nov 22, 2003
the game is easy if you take time to lvl up, just like FF X. If u dont spend time lvl up, then its hard, just like FF X.
Message 10 of 17 (14 Views)
0 Likes