Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 01 2003
By: GameGod728~ First Son 15 posts

FFX - Need help fighting Evrae

11 replies 5 views Edited Nov 1, 2003

This fight was pretty easy at the start. The people I was using were Rikku, Lulu, and Wakka. I got Rikku to move the ship away from Evrae, so he couldn't be able to attack me with status-effecting attacks. I used Wakka's normal attacks, Lulu's Spells, and Rikku's Al Bhed potions for when I need them. It was so cool when Cid fired missles at Evrae. I was all like, "Woohoo!" Anyways, I got it down to 10000 HP, when it casted Haste and used Swooping Scythe. It was by the ship again. Since I lost this fight 5 times, I knew this was going to happen. I switched Wakka with Auron. I currently had Auron, Rikku, and Lulu fighting. I used Auron's power break on it, which did a good 700 damage. By the time it used Poison Breath or whatever, I was dead. For anyone who beat Evrae, tell me how you did.

FFX is the best game ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3092 posts

Re: FFX - Need help fighting Evrae

Nov 1, 2003

,GameGod728 wrote:

This fight was pretty easy at the start. The people I was using were Rikku, Lulu, and Wakka. I got Rikku to move the ship away from Evrae, so he couldn't be able to attack me with status-effecting attacks. I used Wakka's normal attacks, Lulu's Spells, and Rikku's Al Bhed potions for when I need them. It was so cool when Cid fired missles at Evrae. I was all like, "Woohoo!" Anyways, I got it down to 10000 HP, when it casted Haste and used Swooping Scythe. It was by the ship again. Since I lost this fight 5 times, I knew this was going to happen. I switched Wakka with Auron. I currently had Auron, Rikku, and Lulu fighting. I used Auron's power break on it, which did a good 700 damage. By the time it used Poison Breath or whatever, I was dead. For anyone who beat Evrae, tell me how you did.

You should level up in the airship, then Customize your armor so it is either stoneproof or stone ward, then try to get your weapons poisonproof or poison ward...it helps out a ton! And if someone is petrified, leave him/her petrified because if Evrae tries to attack them, then it just does 0 damage...
Complete Final Fantasy Collection, and all beaten - next plz SE- My character - 75rdm/37blm http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?26362
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 1, 2003

,Ewonian wrote:

,GameGod728 wrote:

You should level up in the airship, then Customize your armor so it is either stoneproof or stone ward, then try to get your weapons poisonproof or poison ward...it helps out a ton! And if someone is petrified, leave him/her petrified because if Evrae tries to attack them, then it just does 0 damage...
Ok, so I should level up and customize my equipment. And if Evrae was to petrify someone, and then attack that person, that person would crumble up and can't be replaced by anyone.
FFX is the best game ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8971 posts

Nov 1, 2003

,GameGod728 wrote:

the Gamegod needs help in a game? lol, sorry i couldnt resist. www.gamefaqs.com works wonders with any game, they have plenty or strategies there.

Message Edited by MeTaLfrvr on 11-01-2003 02:46 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------
AIM sn: PM me is you really want it.
>xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3092 posts

Nov 1, 2003

,GameGod728 wrote:

,Ewonian wrote:

,GameGod728 wrote:

Ok, so I should level up and customize my equipment. And if Evrae was to petrify someone, and then attack that person, that person would crumble up and can't be replaced by anyone.

Oh, then get some soft, if they crumble...I forgot that happened w/ this boss...sorry about that false info.
Complete Final Fantasy Collection, and all beaten - next plz SE- My character - 75rdm/37blm http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?26362
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4306 posts

Nov 1, 2003

GameGod728 wrote:

I *think* that I used Auron, Rikku, and Yuna. Rikku was good at mixing stuff or using her recovery item, Auron was good for the close attacks, but useless on the far attack. However, if Yuna was available at the time, I would have used all of the aeons' overdrives followed by Yuna's grand summon of the best aeon. If Yuna wasn't around, then it would have been Wakka, Auron, and Rikku with Rikku tossing grenades, wakka attacking, and auron using recovery items where needed.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Nov 1, 2003
Try this. Make your party, Wakka, Tidus and Auron. Have Tiuds cast haste on everyone, then have him relentlessly use Cheer, in no time. Wakka's attack will be upto 1,000+ each hit and Aurons will be about 1,500. Then switch Auron out for Lu' cast haste on her and have her pummel Ervae with her magic. When Ervae comes in, Swtich Lu' out for Auron and have Auron, Wakka and Tidus just hack'n'hit him until he dies. Use Rikku occasionally when Ervae uses that long range attack of his. You should only use Kihmari once just to be sure he gets AP for the battle.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Nov 2, 2003

here's a few tips:
when his head rises, like hes sucking in air, GET OUT OF THE WAY! hes gonna use a big attack. after he uses it, go ahead and move forward. cast haste on anyone who comes in, since leaving the active party nullifies haste. only use lulu if she has lv3 magic. otherwise, she wont be of much help. use aurons breaks. keep everyone alive. thats pretty much all i can say...for now...

"Tell me friend, you ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Nov 2, 2003
use haste on all the characters, then move faraway from it, then use lulu to blast the hell out of it with watera and firea( i think thats wat u call it ) and have wakka hit it almost all thee time, thats how i did it.
Tha Nemises
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3092 posts

Nov 2, 2003

Another thing that may help is if you know how to have Rikku use the Al bhed potions...then cure poison and petrification and heal like 1000 hp for everyone...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes