Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 01 2003
By: XxGuNdAmGurLxX~ Sackboy 453 posts

FFX Help with upgraging

7 replies 1 views Edited Dec 1, 2003
i feel like an idoit cause of this but can someone help me figure out the upgrad system in FFX....i am so lost from the beging and not that i am at a low level and have to face a boss that is much higher.....i cant win.....i know i need to start over cause of this.....but i would like to understand what i have to do to with the circle upgrade system.......it driving me nuts.......

Message Edited by XxGuNdAmGurLxX on 12-01-2003 01:05 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2804 posts

Re: FFX Help with upgraging

Dec 1, 2003

,XxGuNdAmGurLxX wrote:
i feel like an idoit cause of this but can someone help me figure out the upgrad system in FFX....i am so lost from the beging and not that i am at a low level and have to face a boss that is much higher.....i cant win.....i know i need to start over cause of this.....but i would like to understand what i have to do to with the circle upgrade system.......it driving me nuts.......,

Message Edited by XxGuNdAmGurLxX on 12-01-2003 01:05 PM

Really?....Have you read the toutoral carefully cause it explains it pretty well.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
453 posts

Dec 1, 2003
up but that makes me even more confuised...........
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2804 posts

Dec 1, 2003

,XxGuNdAmGurLxX wrote:
up but that makes me even more confuised...........

It's like this if you got a sphere LV. you can move on the sphere grid and if you come across a sphere say STR1 use a power sphere to activate it and you stat for str goes up one. Try going here for more help www.gamefaqs.com .
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7200 posts

Dec 1, 2003

The Sphere Grid is actually really simple once you get the hang of things.  Fight enemies to gain Sphere Levels.  You can move once on the Sphere Grid for every sphere level that you have.  There are many different types of spheres that can be used to upgrade your character's stats.

Power Sphere-use on a Defense+ or Strength+ or HP+ node.

Mana Sphere-use on MP nodes to increase your MP or on Evade/ Accuracy nodes.

Magic Sphere-use on a Magic+ or M. Defense+ node.

Luck Sphere-use on a Luck+ node.

Ability Sphere-use on nodes containing abilities such as Haste, or Cheer.

HP Sphere-place on a blank node to change it to a HP+ node.

There are others but those are the basics.  The Level 1,2,3 and 4 Spheres are to unlock new routes on the board.  Just move to a non-activated node on the board, and use the proper sphere to activate it.  Results are instant.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
453 posts

Dec 2, 2003

Thanx.........i understand it a little better now.........

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Dec 2, 2003
its one of those things that, if you sit there and try to figure it out, you'll only end up w/wasted time and a headache.  i got confused, but once i just sat back and took a look at it, it became so simple.

"Tell me friend, you ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Dec 2, 2003

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

The Sphere Grid is actually really simple once you get the hang of things.  Fight enemies to gain Sphere Levels.  You can move once on the Sphere Grid for every sphere level that you have.  There are many different types of spheres that can be used to upgrade your character's stats.

Power Sphere-use on a Defense+ or Strength+ or HP+ node.

Mana Sphere-use on MP nodes to increase your MP or on Evade/ Accuracy nodes.

Magic Sphere-use on a Magic+ or M. Defense+ node.

Luck Sphere-use on a Luck+ node.

Ability Sphere-use on nodes containing abilities such as Haste, or Cheer.

HP Sphere-place on a blank node to change it to a HP+ node.

There are others but those are the basics.  The Level 1,2,3 and 4 Spheres are to unlock new routes on the board.  Just move to a non-activated node on the board, and use the proper sphere to activate it.  Results are instant.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

You need speed spheres for evade/accuracy nodes.  And magic spheres only turn an empty node into a magic +4 node.  Oh, and another mistake, luck spheres turn an empty node into a luck +4.  Fortune spheres activate luck nodes.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes