Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6312 posts

Re: FFX-2 is Yuna the same voice actor?

Nov 6, 2003
I don't mind the voice actors at all. They don't bother me in the least.
Message 21 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2941 posts

Nov 6, 2003

after listening to samples on the official site, they sound all right.  The voice acting seems to have improved.  I think Paine sounds cool.  Nice to have a voice actor without the annoying high/soft voice.  I think it will be a great improvement (at least, that's what I hope!)

Message 22 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3010 posts

Nov 6, 2003

Yah I'm 99% sure the voice for Yuna is the same. Which sucks IMO.

In FFX all the voice actors rocked except for the two main characters. Yuna either sounds like she's having an orgasm or has a major speech impediment. Tidus sounds like he's the voice actor for Pokemon or something.

I would LOVE to have it in original japanese with english subtitles. When it comes to animation and voice acting, the japanese tend to take it more seriously than the american actors. Like, the japanese voice acting sounds realistic. Like they're in an actual movie. The american voice acting just doesn't sound natural and it sounds like the american voice actors think that since it's animation it should sound differently. NO! Just talk like how you would in real life! The japanese know how to do that and that's why I like the way they handle voice acting versus the americans.

Message 23 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Nov 6, 2003

,bloody dove wrote:

When it comes to animation and voice acting, the japanese tend to take it more seriously than the american actors. Like, the japanese voice acting sounds realistic. Like they're in an actual movie. The american voice acting just doesn't sound natural and it sounds like the american voice actors think that since it's animation it should sound differently. NO! Just talk like how you would in real life! The japanese know how to do that and that's why I like the way they handle voice acting versus the americans.

,null,

That's because in Japan, voice acting is an actual respected career. In America, it's unsung grunt work, and is often the last resort for fading celebrities. I think that's beginning to change, but very gradually.

Also, there's the fact that the standard American method of voice acting is to record the dialog first to draw the lip movements accordingly. The Japanese method is to record it after the scene has already been animated. They're not concerned with matching mouth movements to speech. American animation is. Which is probably why the speech sounds funny and/or forced in places.

Did that make sense? I hope so.

Anyway, mass release of a game in America with Japanese dialogue isn't plausible. It's fine for subbed anime fans, but you've got to think about the majority. The majority is going to expect to hear English.

Message Edited by Marigold Futura on 11-06-2003 07:09 AM

Message 24 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Nov 6, 2003

I never understood why people complain so much about Yuna's voice acting in FFX...

I thought it suited her character just fine. Even the quick "yes" every now and then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is it...This is your story" - Auron, Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2 Stats:
Percentage Completion - 98%
Message 25 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1311 posts

Nov 6, 2003
i hope they will change their voice though, actor's alright, but need some sexy voice if u ask me
Message 26 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Nov 8, 2003
damnit
"Next we go to Kilika temple"-Yuna
"Hell no we're goin to K-Mart"-Zofobork bringer of bacon
Message 27 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Nov 8, 2003
I think... you guys... won't mind her voice... so much... if she... just... talks like a .... real human being. From... the demo I ... didn't notice her trying ... to match the japanese lips... like... she was in FFX.
Message 28 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3010 posts

Nov 8, 2003

,TacticAngel wrote:
I think... you guys... won't mind her voice... so much... if she... just... talks like a .... real human being. From... the demo I ... didn't notice her trying ... to match the japanese lips... like... she was in FFX.

LOL. Yeah I get how everyone's justifying Yuna talking like that bc she was trying to match the lips, but I disagree with that. For one, how come nobody else...talks...like...Yuna? Rikku, Wakka, Auron, they all sounded fine. Second, Yuna's lips don't match!

Yuna's voice actor needs to learn how to talk like a normal person. Maybe by FFX-2 she fixed her speech impediment. And yeah, I guess the Japanese voice acting was better because voice actors are better respected over there or something, but really, I would think the FF series would be able to find better voice actors. Where did they find Yuna's voice actor? At the national institute of strange speech impediments?

Message 29 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes