Sep 21 2003
By: jayjayk89~ I Only Post Everything 1353 posts

FFT and FFTA

15 replies 3 views Edited Sep 21, 2003

I know this might have been asked a lot but what is the difference between the PS1 version of Final Fantasy Tactics and the GBA version? I never played the PS1 version or the GBA version so i wanna know which would be better to get...I dont care that they are about $15 different i just wanna know which is better.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
That which makes no sense makes perfect sense to the confused mind...
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
543 posts

Re: FFT and FFTA

Sep 21, 2003

,jayjayk89 wrote:

I know this might have been asked a lot but what is the difference between the PS1 version of Final Fantasy Tactics and the GBA version? I never played the PS1 version or the GBA version so i wanna know which would be better to get...I dont care that they are about $15 different i just wanna know which is better.

Want to know as well...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Sep 21, 2003

I think it's more of a trade-off.  FFT probably had the better stroy and better things to do, and it had cloud.  FFTA is better because it's pocket sized, it's multi-player, and there's tons of missions to go on.  So far, it's pretty weird (FFTA that is) because the main characters get sucked into the world of FF in like the first half-hour, then you play from there.  However, I would say that FFT is better.

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion."
- Sephiroth
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Sep 21, 2003

,sephiroth16 wrote:

I think it's more of a trade-off.  FFT probably had the better stroy and better things to do, and it had cloud.  FFTA is better because it's pocket sized, it's multi-player, and there's tons of missions to go on.  So far, it's pretty weird (FFTA that is) because the main characters get sucked into the world of FF in like the first half-hour, then you play from there.  However, I would say that FFT is better.

Yeah, The fact that FFT had Cloud is a big factor twords how good it is. *Sarcasm*
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1755 posts

Sep 21, 2003

,jayjayk89 wrote:

I would love to know more about that but i have played FFTA. I might able to answer when i'm gonna get a gba sp and FFTA.
Stars are given out to members who are well behaved and provide accurate helpful service on the forums.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Sep 21, 2003

,Sepultura998 wrote:

Yeah, The fact that FFT had Cloud is a big factor twords how good it is. *Sarcasm*

I'm sorry, but Cloud is one of my favoritest characters of all time, and I would probably like any game with him in it (which makes me sad...go ahead and shoot me for saying that).
"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion."
- Sephiroth
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
543 posts

Sep 21, 2003

,sephiroth16 wrote:

,Sepultura998 wrote:

I'm sorry, but Cloud is one of my favoritest characters of all time, and I would probably like any game with him in it (which makes me sad...go ahead and shoot me for saying that).

Nah, goes for me too..

FFVII, Ehrgeiz, FFT, KH etc

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Sep 23, 2003
FFT and FFTA are both awesome games if you ask me FFT is my fav FF of all time and FFTA is becoming a close second..anyway FFT was probly only my fav cuz i played and beat it..maybe if i beat FFTA ill like it more...but as for gameplay FFTA does have a lot more skills and weapons then FFT....Just so far it seems like theres ALOT less armor, helms and Accesories..but at least the stats of the items and abilities very alot more then FFT's....Plus theres not really any stupid classes like FFT's Bard, Archer, and Dancer who were just horrible, the classes in this game have many varied skills and techs. Im still not sure if I like the law system but at least they made it easy enough to get rid of with cards that are easy enough to obtain. As for my 2 Cents on the Cloud in FFT...i Like Cloud also but his abilities and stats in it were horrible..even after you had him at Lvl. 99 and all his skills it took forever to cast them and they didnt even lock on...Ok...im done with that...But If you want the best advice i could give you on these two games...get both.
Shut up...That's why.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1782 posts

Sep 23, 2003

,MXCNGRNGO wrote:
FFT and FFTA are both awesome games if you ask me FFT is my fav FF of all time and FFTA is becoming a close second..anyway FFT was probly only my fav cuz i played and beat it..maybe if i beat FFTA ill like it more...but as for gameplay FFTA does have a lot more skills and weapons then FFT....Just so far it seems like theres ALOT less armor, helms and Accesories..but at least the stats of the items and abilities very alot more then FFT's....Plus theres not really any stupid classes like FFT's Bard, Archer, and Dancer who were just horrible, the classes in this game have many varied skills and techs. Im still not sure if I like the law system but at least they made it easy enough to get rid of with cards that are easy enough to obtain. As for my 2 Cents on the Cloud in FFT...i Like Cloud also but his abilities and stats in it were horrible..even after you had him at Lvl. 99 and all his skills it took forever to cast them and they didnt even lock on...Ok...im done with that...But If you want the best advice i could give you on these two games...get both.

Archer is a class...maybe not a good one but its in there
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

get your mouse off my sig!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3092 posts

Sep 23, 2003

,jayjayk89 wrote:

Well I liked tactics better, but Its just because It was so fun! And I don't like the law system in the Gba version!
Complete Final Fantasy Collection, and all beaten - next plz SE- My character - 75rdm/37blm http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?26362
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (3 Views)
0 Likes