Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: FF7 Vs. FF8

Aug 17, 2012
FF8's draw, junction, gfs, and monster level gains was god awful. The only thing I enjoyed was the story.
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 120 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7466 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Hypnoticbrain wrote:
FF8's draw, junction, gfs, and monster level gains was god awful. The only thing I enjoyed was the story.

Well I agree wit the Draw system But the GF's were kewl as wuz the Junctioning system. I found it's system to be quite ingenious and one of my favorite systems next to the Materia system.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 120 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Characters: I don't know all the characters from 8 so we will compare protagonists..

Cloud Strife-   Cloud is known for his spikey blond hair and his Buster Sword, I don't think any character in the whole FF series is more iconic then him, honestly, when someone says Final Fantasy, I think of Cloud. To some of the haters, Cloud is known as a emo whiney brooding moron, I guess Squall is in for a real nice treat. Cloud started off as a "I don't care" and "I play by my own rules at first" but slowley as he discoverd his past he became a leader. He has been through so much and continues to go on.

Squall- He is exactly what haters say that cloud is, actually he's worse. I honestly feel that Squall is an exaterated Cloud, he's sort of a copy of him done wrong, and I like Squall but he's not nearly as iconic and isn't as cool. Sorry Cloud wins.

Honestly, FF7 brought out emotions in me, I felt happy at times, I felt sad at times, I felt angry at times, the story kept me going on and when Aeris died, I felt Clouds pain because I had grown to love her aswell, something ff8 couldn't do.

I am sorry but FF7 is better. Before I played it I was much like the haters, I thought that the game was overrated and didn't deserve the attention it gets, but after I played it, I could agree that the game was great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 120 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7466 posts

Aug 27, 2012

FF6 had a pretty awesome story to it as well

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 120 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Aug 29, 2012

I enjoyed them both but eight was my first final fantasy game that I got and enjoyed playing it anthen seven and nine I just wish that they would remake all three of them for the ps3 at some time I hope.

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 120 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Sep 1, 2012
i like 7, 8 was good, 9 was good, why not combine all 3 games into 1?
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 120 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7466 posts

Sep 28, 2012

jwthoune2 wrote:
i like 7, 8 was good, 9 was good, why not combine all 3 games into 1?

LOL there 3 games based in 3 totally different worlds.

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 120 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Nov 20, 2012

For me, FF7 wins because, it's the only FF game I had zero complaints about all the way through.  The game really lived up to the hype for me.

FF8 was a fun game, but I did have a problem with some things:

1)  No armor or accessories.

2)  Enemies leveling up with me.  I don't like that idea in a FF game.  It defeats the purpose of the leveling system.

3)  I didn't like how they implemented "Odin".  It sometimes ruined my "Mug" or "Draw" battles.

4)  Most previously-visited areas are inaccessible on disc 4.

I enjoyed both games.  I just had more fun with FF7.

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 120 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I've played FF VII a little more than half way through and it's really fun. I've only played about 5-10 hours of VIII, so, i can't be unbiased in this decision.
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 120 (392 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Squall vs Cloud: they are both annoying, Cloud started as the cool dude and then they turned him into this emo that cannot let go of Aerith death. They are both the same guy imo.

Aerith vs Rinoa: I was in love with Rinoa, she was mine and I hated Squall for having her, Aeriht? meh.

Gameplay: VIII has the victory here, the enver ending challenge, GFs, draw, junction, triple triad, there were so many things to do.

Story: this is a tough one, I believe VII had a more solid story (and it didn't make my head hur), but people just focus on one aspect of it (the stabing) and thats why they ruined it, they claim is the most tragic and shocking death on the video game universe, is not.

Winner: FFVIII, because Gunblade beats the hell out of Buster Sword
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 120 (375 Views)
0 Likes