Aug 05 2010
By: Misti-Phi Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

FF14 guildleves vs. Quest

3 replies 46 views Edited Aug 5, 2010

OK here is my question hopefully  someone who as played FF11 and the beta or at least knows more about FF14 then me can answer.

Are all quest in FF14 guildleves or are there still regular quest (like go to town walk around for a while talk to NPC one has a problem you help him out quest done) 

I ask this because from the way I'm reading it, it seems like guildleves are just like assaults are in FF11 and that's cool and fun but I really did love doing the reg quest it just always seemed so much fun and really brought the world alive.  And I don't see the point in exploring this big world if everything is done at these Guildleves

here my example of some of the quest I'm talking about you walk around in the jungle just exploring and come across a ??? then u click on it get a cut scene some ghost in xy city misses his wife you go to xy city talk to the wife she tells you story about husband item monster you go back to jungle kill monster get item return to city give it to wife then go back to ??? for last cs with ghost and get reward

so my question is will there be this stuff or just instanced stuff at the guildleves

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (46 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8519 posts

Re: FF14 guildleves vs. Quest

Aug 5, 2010

As little as I know about XIV, what I heard about guildleves sounds a lot like Assault, or maybe Campaign. I think there will be regular quests with plots of their own as well. Or maybe guildleves will have plots themselves, I don't know. I'm counting on/hoping for the prior, though.

I also think there will be storyline-based missions, similar to the nations' and expansions' storylines.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 6, 2010

From what I understand guildleves are supposed to be one of the primary ways to earn gold or exp. The main story will be seperate and there will still be quests you can get from npcs in towns.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8519 posts

Aug 6, 2010

Maybe it'll be reasonably easy to make 'basic cost of living' now. Farming sucks. Especially when you're a monk.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (46 Views)
0 Likes