Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: FF13

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I really hated the gameplay of 13, it was far less turn based and far more automatic if you get what I mean. I loved the style of the older games - Final Fantasy VIII is personally my absolute favourite.

Well, you can thank Microsoft for that. Smiley Very Happy

Message 41 of 172 (268 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/25/2008
Offline
471 posts
 

Re: FF13

Oct 7, 2012

Your childish tirade is really sad and I wish TIMB0 was here so he could slap your junk.

FF13 was "bad" because Square made it that way, has nothing to do with the DECISION SQUARE MADE to make the game multiplatform. The game was doomed when they first lied about the gameplay and put fake battle menus over cutscenes and tried to claim it was actual gameplay.

 

This game has nothign to do with PSASBR

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=


Message 42 of 172 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: FF13

Oct 7, 2012

mcnichoj wrote:

Your childish tirade is really sad and I wish TIMB0 was here so he could slap your junk.

FF13 was "bad" because Square made it that way, has nothing to do with the DECISION SQUARE MADE to make the game multiplatform. The game was doomed when they first lied about the gameplay and put fake battle menus over cutscenes and tried to claim it was actual gameplay.

 

This game has nothign to do with PSASBR


I know it has nothing to do with PSASBR but post anywhere other then here and it'll be a day or two before you get a reply.  Which is too long to wait to get a reply.

Message 43 of 172 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5661 posts
 

Re: FF13

Oct 7, 2012
Square Enix really did f*** over a once amazing franchise. I'm fine with it going multi platform - the more the merrier, but Paradigm shifts ? 2 sequels to one of there worst games in the franchise ? What the hell are they doing up there. I'm just glad they finally had enough sense to give us Kingdom Hearts HD Collection, but they somehow f***ed that up too by splitting it up into two. I won't complain too much about that though however, I'm just glad we're finally getting it made. Also really looking forward to Final Fantasy X HD for my Vita, whenever that comes out.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 44 of 172 (258 Views)
Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 12/25/2008
Offline
471 posts
 

Re: FF13

Oct 7, 2012

You ignored the rest of my post and only prove your protruding childish behaviour from the fact you don't have patience to talk about a topic tht no one else really cares to talk about and things taht only exist in your head.

 

When Square decided to go back and release the game on the 360 in Japan to make their non-PS3 owning fans happy, this didn't really push many new console sales. The game was mostly done before the multi-platform announcement and what the 360 got was a downgraded port. MS had no influence on the development of this game.

 

Would also like to point out that several Japanese developed RPGs that were made exclusively for the 360 or that were first on the 360 were fantastic.

 

Real gamers care about the quality of the games, not the console they're on. Stay salty.

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=


Message 45 of 172 (252 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: FF13

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

mcnichoj wrote:

You ignored the rest of my post and only prove your protruding childish behaviour from the fact you don't have patience to talk about a topic tht no one else really cares to talk about and things taht only exist in your head.

 

When Square decided to go back and release the game on the 360 in Japan to make their non-PS3 owning fans happy, this didn't really push many new console sales. The game was mostly done before the multi-platform announcement and what the 360 got was a downgraded port. MS had no influence on the development of this game.

 

Would also like to point out that several Japanese developed RPGs that were made exclusively for the 360 or that were first on the 360 were fantastic.

 

Real gamers care about the quality of the games, not the console they're on. Stay salty.


Because I don't believe what you said about the original gameplay clips to be true since I have never heard that one until now.  Also, it kinda does matter what console it is on since the 360 isn't strong enough to even handle what was dumbed out for it with one disc.  It needed three.

Message 46 of 172 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/31/2012
Offline
551 posts
 

Re: FF13 Ruined By Microsoft.

Oct 7, 2012
^I loved the gameplay of 13 it was fresh and innovative, don't get me wrong the turn base game play is apart of the ff universe I fell in love with aswell. Tbh FFXIII is my favorite in the series and I agree with noc in a lot of this.
Message 47 of 172 (241 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/25/2008
Offline
471 posts
 

Re: FF13

Oct 7, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Double post*


Sorry, it wouldn't let me quote. Was replyign to N_G.

 

I believe it was the very first trailer from '06 or something. Pre-rendered scenes with damage numbers slapped on. "This is actual gameplay." Whoever introduced the trailer said right after.

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=


Message 48 of 172 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5661 posts
 

Re: FF13

Oct 7, 2012
Its okay, as soon as I realised it wasn't aimed at me I rushed to change it before anyone noticed lol, sorry about that.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 49 of 172 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: FF13

Oct 7, 2012

mcnichoj wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Double post*


Sorry, it wouldn't let me quote. Was replyign to N_G.

 

I believe it was the very first trailer from '06 or something. Pre-rendered scenes with damage numbers slapped on. "This is actual gameplay." Whoever introduced the trailer said right after.


Hmmm... I would like a link.

 

Also, this isn't at you this is for some people I was arguing about the concept of Lightning with about a hint.

 

Concept and creation

Director Motomu Toriyama wanted Lightning to be a new type of female character, with an athlete's body and a less feminine nature than some of the previous female characters of Final Fantasy. His guideline to character designer Tetsuya Nomura was to make her "strong and beautiful", "someone like a female version of Cloud from FFVll". Multiple designs were considered for her, including some designed by other staff members. Some of her original characteristics were blonde hair and Asian-looking features. Nomura defines Lightning as "serious," "unforgiving," "relentless," and "a kind of individualistic person," in direct contrast with Snow Villiers' passionate nature. The final art was made less Asian-looking than originally conceived, while the silver hair color was given to Hope Estheim in favor of pink. She is 21 years old in the game. Her pink hair color was made to reflect this more feminine side of her. Although Nomura explained that she is essentially a "cool character" and that "you can't have a cool character without anything inappropriate, it was also stated that Lightning's cool aspect was transferred to Oerba Yun Fang when the latter character's design changed from being a male character to a female. The game's producer Yoshinori Kitase also commented on the difficulty of balancing Lightning's depiction, as she is both a woman and a professionally trained warrior, and also noted that Sakamoto's acting helped bring out Lightning's femininity.

Due to global demand and the development staff's desire to further Lightning's character, development began for a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII. The original game ended with a lingering question: "Is Lightning really happy?" The conclusion of the story in Final Fantasy XIII-2 would provide a clear answer to this question. After Nomura made a sketch to show how Lightning should look in the sequel, Isamu Kamikokuryo did the final design.

While her real name, Claire, is only loosely related to the weather or skies (Claire means "clear," which can tie in with clear skies), which is a common tradition of naming Final Fantasy protagonists when Tetsuya Nomura is the character designer, her alias of "Lightning" is the more proper representation of this tradition. The name was not chosen by Nomura, who was surprised by it, as he was thinking about stopping this naming tradition. Eclair, the romanization of her Japanese name, is French for "lightning." According to Toriyama, there is "a strong element of mystery about her character".

Message 50 of 172 (282 Views)
Reply
0 Likes