Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 11 2010
By: OneShotOneKill21 Sackboy 491 posts

FF13 Dialog of a 8th grade soap opera?

8 replies 129 views Edited Mar 11, 2010

**bleep**!? did they stwitch out my copy of FF13 with a foreign gay soap opera? For one the names are ridiculous the guys gave names like "Snow" and "Hope" while the main character who has a **bleep** has as cool last name like Lighning.

Dont get me wrong Cloud is a name too but cloud was one bad mother **bleep**er in FF7 so his name is excused in my book.

Snow sounds like a complete monotone idiot talking about being a 'hero" all the damn time.

and then everyone have these sarcastic yet happy tone even though half of the people they knew just died in front of their very eyes....

am i the only one that thinks the dialog is ruining the game?

how the hell can you take anyone serious when they sound like idiots 99% of the time, the only one that makes sense and is serious is Lighting

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Re: FF13 Dialog of a 8th grade soap opera?

Mar 11, 2010

yea im not a fan of all the grunting that goes along with the dialog, and high-pictched squeels from vanille.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3942 posts

Mar 11, 2010

OneShotOneKill21 wrote:

**bleep**!? did they stwitch out my copy of FF13 with a foreign gay soap opera? For one the names are ridiculous the guys gave names like "Snow" and "Hope" while the main character who has a **bleep** has as cool last name like Lighning.

Dont get me wrong Cloud is a name too but cloud was one bad mother **bleep**er in FF7 so his name is excused in my book.

Snow sounds like a complete monotone idiot talking about being a 'hero" all the damn time.

and then everyone have these sarcastic yet happy tone even though half of the people they knew just died in front of their very eyes....

am i the only one that thinks the dialog is ruining the game?

how the hell can you take anyone serious when they sound like idiots 99% of the time, the only one that makes sense and is serious is Lighting

you must not be far into the game...

Monoton means showing no emothion and Snow shows emothion.

and the feel of the toons are not that everythign is ok its more of the world went to hell but if we dont keep moving and try to finish this there will be no hope.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4047 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Dont forget its a JRPG... these names are prolly much cooler in japanese.

Would you rather see matt and oscar?  :smileytongue:

vincej25
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3942 posts

Mar 11, 2010

VinceJ25 wrote:

not to ruin your argument BUT Snow in Japan is "yuki" and if i rember right thats a Female toon from FF7 i didn't look up the others...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4047 posts

Mar 11, 2010

DaGimp007 wrote:

VinceJ25 wrote:

not to ruin your argument BUT Snow in Japan is "yuki" and if i rember right thats a Female toon from FF7 i didn't look up the others...

that actually helps my argument... i bet this guy never complained about the name Yuki... but yet he dosent like Snow.

vincej25
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (129 Views)
Fender Bender
4642 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Where have you been? Except for 12 and Tactics this is how they've all been since 7.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (129 Views)
Sackboy
491 posts

Mar 11, 2010

yuk, yes that is also. my point is that they gave the guys Snow and Hope, name for girl characters. Im not asking for regular names like matt or oscar but in other FF the male characters had decent names, zidane, Braska, Auron, barret, Seifer, and squall justto name a few...and Cloud i excluded because even though his name was gay he was bad ass.

giving "guy" character names like sno, hope, rainbow, and Flowers takes away the appeal of the game. and that one red head girl is ANNOYING she is happy all the damn time, nothing wrong with being optimistic but she is practicly having an orgasm when people around her are dying...**bleep** is wrong with that **bleep**???

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7652 posts

Mar 11, 2010

It's probably a combination of differences in the culture and language between Japan and the US. Vanille's character in Japan plays the role of the typical "cute" girl. The Japanese she uses in the JP version is very cute in contrast to Lighting's more masculine language. I don't have the US version so I don't know how the voices are or how the translation is.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes