Oct 27 2003
By: njinear2b Fender Bender 4306 posts

FF vehicles... what's missing from the series IYO?

11 replies 2 views Edited Oct 27, 2003
I'd liked the magitek armor things in FF VI. Having those available to use throughout any game would be decent, but what I'd really like is having full control over a battle tank with the works -- machine gun, main cannon, etc, so an assault with a few shells on the monster's lair could soften them up before invading with the magitek troops. Of course, the tank would have to be available for use anywhere in the game after obtaining it. What about you guys/gals?
Message 1 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7222 posts

Re: FF vehicles... what's missing from the series IYO?

Oct 27, 2003

I though that cruising around in the Ragnarok (FF8) was really fun.  But the FF series could use a racing mini-game.

Message 2 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Oct 27, 2003

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

I though that cruising around in the Ragnarok (FF8) was really fun.  But the FF series could use a racing mini-game.

or what if they made a ff racing game? or a ff sports game? i think that'd be cool.

Message 3 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 28, 2003
My only real big beef with the Ragnorak was that it was SOOOO SLOW to turn.  I really enjoyed the Highwind in FFVII (after it dropped all the crappy stuff and became a rocket!!) 
Every story must have an ending. - Auron, Final Fantasy X
Message 4 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
913 posts

Oct 28, 2003

Vermea wrote:
My only real big beef with the Ragnorak was that it was SOOOO SLOW to turn. I really enjoyed the Highwind in FFVII (after it dropped all the crappy stuff and became a rocket!!)

Yeah, I know what you mean. If you needed to turn somewhere it took like 5 seconds.
Message 5 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Oct 29, 2003
ive always thought it would be incredibly cool if they made a more futuristic final fantasy and had mech or gundam things you could get into.... then fly around on that thing on the world map...
Message 6 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Oct 29, 2003
you know what's missing?  One of those giant, inflatable balls that you get into and start running around like a hamster and the ball starts moving and then it goes really fast and then you can't stop and then it's outta control and then you're like "ahhhhh!" and then you go faster and faster and... well yeah, you get the point.
I hardly think it would enhance your reputation in the U.N., Professor Plum!

Don't you go to sleep, you have to get a bath!
Message 7 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Oct 29, 2003

,FF_Guru777 wrote:

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

or what if they made a ff racing game? or a ff sports game? i think that'd be cool.

There is a  FF racing game. It's called "Chocobo Racing". Its a racing game with everything Final Fantasy, came out for the PS back in early 2000, a bit hard if you ask me. And as for a sport game..I don't know how it could be pulled off.

Message Edited by Sepultura998 on 10-29-2003 12:05 AM

Message 8 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Oct 30, 2003

,Sepultura998 wrote:

,FF_Guru777 wrote:

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

There is a  FF racing game. It's called "Chocobo Racing". Its a racing game with everything Final Fantasy, came out for the PS back in early 2000, a bit hard if you ask me. And as for a sport game..I don't know how it could be pulled off.,

*cough* BLITZBALL!! *cough*

Hmmm......how about an actual Plane. I'll never forget the disappointment I felt when I realized the Tiny Bronco in FF VII was'nt going to be anything but a "boat."

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 9 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Oct 30, 2003

,Griever_08 wrote:

,Sepultura998 wrote:

,FF_Guru777 wrote:

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

There is a  FF racing game. It's called "Chocobo Racing". Its a racing game with everything Final Fantasy, came out for the PS back in early 2000, a bit hard if you ask me. And as for a sport game..I don't know how it could be pulled off.,

*cough* BLITZBALL!! *cough*

Hmmm......how about an actual Plane. I'll never forget the disappointment I felt when I realized the Tiny Bronco in FF VII was'nt going to be anything but a "boat."

Blitzball is only a mini-game. I'm sure he was talking about a full FF sport game. And I don't think blitzball would cut it.
Message 10 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes