Yup, especially Final Fantasy VIII :heart:

- Excellence does not know a day when it can say "I quit" -
Message 21 of 33 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Do you Love FF Games?

Jul 7, 2012

Yep. My first Final Fantasy was VIII, and after I beat it, I was looking forward to play the VII. And when I did, I was like "Wow, this one is even more epic". Since then I keep playing every Final Fantasy games.

Message 22 of 33 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Jul 7, 2012

I'm old school, my favorite Final Fantasy title is for the SNES :smileysurprised: - Final Fantasy III. Later is was released on the PS1 as part of the Anthology collection.

Final Fantasy games post IX... not so much. 

Message 23 of 33 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

I'm old school, my favorite Final Fantasy title is for the SNES :smileysurprised: - Final Fantasy III. Later is was released on the PS1 as part of the Anthology collection.

Ahhh good old FF III aka FF VI. That is my favorite pre-Playstation era FF title. It is also one major reason why I don't like FF VII. By the time I boughht a Playstation, I'd already played FF VI like 3 or 4 times. At the time VII looked better than VI but it wasn't as engrossing to me as VI was. Sephiroth couldn't compare to Kefka in my book.

FF VII is good for those who like it. But my prefered Final Fantasy title is FF IX. And unlike most of the "old school" crowd, I actually enjoyed FF XIII and XIII-2 :smileylol:

Message 24 of 33 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Jul 9, 2012
yes :smileyhappy:

everyone has a list amirite? mine is...

8, 10, 9, 12, 7, 10-2, 13, 13-2

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 25 of 33 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Jul 9, 2012

I think that the series is one of the best  and i hope that they bring it over to the ps3 at sometime in the future

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Message 26 of 33 (139 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Jul 9, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

Ahhh good old FF III aka FF VI. That is my favorite pre-Playstation era FF title. It is also one major reason why I don't like FF VII. By the time I boughht a Playstation, I'd already played FF VI like 3 or 4 times. At the time VII looked better than VI but it wasn't as engrossing to me as VI was. Sephiroth couldn't compare to Kefka in my book.

FF VII is good for those who like it. But my prefered Final Fantasy title is FF IX. And unlike most of the "old school" crowd, I actually enjoyed FF XIII and XIII-2 :smileylol:

I hear you about FFVII even though it is a fantastic game, imho. I get that it's not for everyone just like anything else. 

I replayed FFVIII, (made a thread about too) for the first time in ten or so years about 2yrs back I think. I still have mixed feelings on the game. I guess FFVIII was the first real departure from the traditional "fantasy" setting and more into the humanoid/sci-fi setting that's overtaken the series. Before it was castles and dungeons... with variations of course. FFVIII posed a huge jump in terms of graphics and setting. 

The love story between Squall & Rinoa was interesting. The rest of the story I think felt flat for me. Seifer, Edea, Ultimicia were/are a big "meh". 

I'm also a big fan of FFIX. I've been meaning to replay it for ages. Maybe time for another playthru thread... 

Message 27 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Jul 27, 2012
good game

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 28 of 33 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Jul 27, 2012

I think the FF games are brilliant. I feel ashamed at my self though, I own most of the main titles (except 3 and IX) but have not gave the earlier games a chance. I think it's hard for me to get into how the older games look. I'll give you guys a rundown on the games I played.

FFI-I finished this one on my psp, but did not find it all that great. I just wasn't all that attached to the gameplay or story. It wasn't a bad game by no means, just not for my tastes.

FFII - I never finished this game. I don't even know how far I got into it, but I didn't enjoy it all that much. I really need to try it again though.

FFIV - I haven't tried played much of this game. It had a slow begining, but then I eventually got into it. The problem is that I don't play on my psp too often, and so when I tried to get back into it I couldn't remember the last thing that happend. I need to restart this game eventually, as with many FF titles.

FFV - This game is great! The only problem is, I never finished it. I had the same problem as I did with IV. Except I was playing on my ps2 and then I got stuck at one part in the game. Then I stopped playing for a while but could not get back into it. My mistake =(

FFVI - Haven't played it. I know this is supposed to be a great game, but I think it's hard for me to get into it because of how modern games look now. It's really stupid, but once psone games can be played on the vita, I definatly will give it a fair play.  I started it up a few times, but only played max 30 minutes of it. 

FFVII - My favorite game of all time. It was also my first FF game I ever played, so that's a big part of it. I owe it to my cousin for introducing me to the series.

FFVIII - Not my cup of tea. I got quite far in it, didn't finish it, but didn't enjoy it too much. Though I will give it another shot like VI when the vita supports it.

FFIX - My 3rd favorite of the series. I ordered FFVIII in the mail, but saw IX in a store and tried it first. I really enjoyed this game, I only played it once unlike VII which was probably 4 or 5 times.

FFX - This game is on par with VII to me, though VII slightly ahead because I played it first and probably because of nostalgia.

FFX-2 - A decent game, but not that great either.

FFXII - I enjoyed the gameplay a lot, but the story was weak in my opinion. I need to play it again though because I remember not understanding the story fully.

FFXIII - An okay game. I played for 15-20 hours but then stopped for half a year, and eventually finished it after. Because I waited half a year, I forgot the story and didn't know what was happening for the rest of it. I did enjoy the gameplay, and going fo the platinum. Though I would rather other final fantasy's not choose this gameplay, one is enough...even though there is XIII-2

FFXIII-2 - I like this one better than FFXIII. I got really into it recently, and was enjoying the story but stopped not long ago. I'm going to finish it but I just played other games at the same time, and lost interest in continuing it. Now I feel like it though =)

Message 29 of 33 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

I love FF series. The 1st time I played RPG game was FF 7. I'm hooked literally about its story and the graphics at that time. Square Enix also releasing the older version FF Origins, which was nice addition.

Until today, everything related about FF series, I always consider to buy them and put them in my collection from FF Origins, FF Anthology, FF Chronicles, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, FF12, FF13, and FF13-2. The only thing I hate about FF series is from FF 11, which requires to play online and I avoided this game. 

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 30 of 33 (115 Views)
0 Likes