Mar 03 2012
By: Blowstefan First Son 1 posts

Do you Love FF Games?

32 replies 365 views Edited Mar 3, 2012

I just love ff games to death they are amazing.. Add me on psn if you feel the same (:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 33 (365 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10744 posts

Re: Do you Love FF Games?

Mar 4, 2012

The first experience I've had with a Final Fantasy game was with the NES original. Getting outside the castle in this 8-bit classic is burned into my brain, as back then the furthest I've gotten into the game was the cave just outside the castle's doors. RPG gaming was not something I had much or any experience with at that point. But, Final Fantasy would not be the ultimate reason I'd come to praise the genre or the series as a whole.

Witnessing the SNES editions in the years to follow, I'd experience those games from a distance, still not yet fully jumping on board the Final Fantasy train until the PlayStation arrived. Final Fantasy VII is obviously not the first RPG I'd come in contact with (and there were others before this), but it was the first installment that would greatly launch the career I've spent chasing Final Fantasy games.

Back then when you walked into the game store they'd have a giant cardboard standee depicting the cast. I wonder why those went away. Though amazing, Final Fantasy VIII was even better than the seventh. Its storytelling, characters, music, visuals, and epic battles all captivated straight to the top.

Over the years, Final Fantasy X has come closest to matching up with that favorable magic. A real turn for the series, my love for such elements as the unique story twists and the soundtrack stay close to the heart. Nobuo Uematsu sadly turned off his dedication to Final Fantasy from his own priorities in the years that followed.

As a longtime fan of Final Fantasy, I continue to look forward to the series' future. Having bought the games, the movies, some soundtracks and even a Rinoa action figure (that's still unopened), I'm looking forward to what Square has to turn out. And hopefully, their next creation will be something as magically triumphant as the ones that came before, if not more so.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 33 (365 Views)
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Mar 5, 2012

my first final fantasy was final fantasy viii and I loved it and the rest of the series was great and the best of them all I think was ffvii ffviii ffx that's my feeling but others will think otherwise.

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 33 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Yes I love "most" of the FF games. The first one I really played was FFVIII which I really liked. My favorite one has to be FFX by far.

I like almost all the games with the exception of FFX-2, FFXII and FFXIII. Don't get me wrong here the games are not bad but I have no interest in playing them a second time.......unlike almost every other game in the series.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 33 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Mar 7, 2012

ff10 is my fave i liked everything about ff12 except for the story and i know a lot of people hate on ff13 but i enjoyed it as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 33 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 7, 2012

My answer is both yes and no, I love the earlier games FF2 and 7 are great. On the other hand FF7 Crisis Core has to be the worst FF game I ever played. Don't get wrong the bulk of the game is pretty good. But those repetative mini levels I found were either too easy or hard as heck. But the one thing they had in common repetative as all get out. I quickly got bored with them. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 33 (365 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I've been a major fan of the Final Fantasy franchise since the beginning.

I think it was 1990/91 when the first Final Fantasy made it to the US. I was 16. Final Fantasy brought together multiple elements together in 1 package. It combined video games with Dungeons & Dragons. Swords. Sorcery. Goblins. Ogres. Dragons. Story. True, the story was minimal, but it was far beyond anything at the time. I was hooked.

Over the years I haven't always been fully enamored with the changes in the franchise. I didn't care for FF VII. Initially I didn't like FF VIII until a 2nd play about 2 years ago. I'm not a huge fan of FF X or XII, but spent 4 years playing FF XI with my wife. I love FF IX, VI, IV, XIII and XIII-2. XIII's story is one of the best ones to me. But I can understand why it turns off a lot of gamers. The Paradigm Shift is one of the best changes to the series.

The greatest thing with the Final Fantasy franchise is the fact that there's at least one title in the series that will appeal to most gamers. So many different styels. So many stories.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 33 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

Mar 12, 2012

>_< im a die hard fan of the FF series... my main goal in life is to collect every game and version of the games and i will get every official strategy guide... this will be alongside my goal of getting every game system

btw i cant add you on psn atm cause the ps3 i use just got super sick and showed us the YLOD

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 33 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Mar 18, 2012

I liked the series since VII, and I tried the previous FF titles and liked them. The recent titles aren't so bad either. I'm not much of a fan now though.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 33 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

Mar 18, 2012

FF games are my life... and you gotta add me cause my ps3 is out of comission atm... username here is same as psn

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 33 (365 Views)
0 Likes