I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Re: Did anyone figured it out the connection between FFX-2 and FFVII?

Dec 7, 2003

,Lionheart30 wrote:

,Sephiroth2290 wrote:
There might be a connection w/FFVIII.  I saw a post on this a while back.  I haven't played the game yet, but I guess at some point in the game Yuna says something like, "Let's do Eyes on Me!"  "Eyes on Me" is a song in FFVIII.  Is this a connection between the two games?,

The "eyes on Me' thing happens when you equip Yuna with the Songstress Dressphere. She just says "Hey! Eyes on Me!" before she dances in some battles. I wouldn't say it's meant to imply that later on Spira turns into the world of FFVIII or anything, but thrown in as an interesting reminder, yes.

Ohhhh.  My bad.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1230 posts

Dec 8, 2003

Yea I think there was some sort of connection. -for those of you who gotten to the part where Shinra talks about this thing.....

But, Everything is connected, remember? heh, so everything could be connected in a way.

GAP member
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9588 posts

Dec 8, 2003
Here is an actual interview,

Translation:

*S P O I L E R S*

-- Is there a connection between Shinra and FFVII?

Nojima: Yes, actually. After Shinra quit the Gullwings he got enormous financial backing from Rin and went to the Farplane to start extracting the Mako energy used by the Vegnagun. But the system for utilizing this energy could not be completed in his generation, so far in the future when space travel was possible, the Shinra Company was founded on another planet... or something like that. That would be a thousand years or so from this game's story.

-- And VII's story takes place after that?

Nojima: Well, you could say that's how I personally feel about it.

-- There are a lot of rumors floating around about "X-3"...

Kitase: Hmm, I don't know. Right now we don't have any plans. If we don't do it, maybe we could still find some way - we could put out a spinoff like "Eternal Calm" . But if you're asking if we'll make a game called X-3, currently we're not going ahead with any such plans at all.

-- So how about an international version of X-2?

Kitase: I wonder. That's also undecided. When we did one for X we were pretty satisfied with it for what it was, so I think I'd like to try. If we do, we'll probably put in something like "Eternal Calm" as a way of expanding the world, even if it's not X-3. But if you're asking whether we're going ahead with plans for an international version, nothing's going on yet.

Hideo Kojima, "You're looking at the key to winning the console war."

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes