Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 21 2003
By: BigVic~ Fender Bender 3736 posts

Delita, A Hero or Zero in ur opinion...*fftactics spoilers*

5 replies 4 views Edited Aug 21, 2003

Delita...everyone who passed the game and waited until the credits passed noticed the strange incident between Delita and Ovelia...Do you guys think of him as a Hero or Zero? I personally think he is the greatest, but not for very moral reasons lol. The way he manipulated the people around him until he got the throne was just crazy...He abadoned his ways of being loyal to the cause and finally started playing the war to his advantage. I don't really know if he had really planned it all out still, but if he did then he's like...a mastermind or something. Anyways, what do u guys think?

~Conspiracy, the true meaning is to breathe together. The
will of the family is to keep each other breathing... the survival
of the kin is of upmost priority. That is my obligation to my family.~
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Re: Delita, A Hero or Zero in ur opinion...*fftactics spoilers*

Aug 21, 2003
Delita is a hero. Maybe not the hero the people of Ivalice claim him to be, but he's a hero nontheless, but Ramza is the real hero.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28533 posts

Aug 21, 2003

,Big Vic wrote:

Delita...everyone who passed the game and waited until the credits passed noticed the strange incident between Delita and Ovelia...Do you guys think of him as a Hero or Zero? I personally think he is the greatest, but not for very moral reasons lol. The way he manipulated the people around him until he got the throne was just crazy...He abadoned his ways of being loyal to the cause and finally started playing the war to his advantage. I don't really know if he had really planned it all out still, but if he did then he's like...a mastermind or something. Anyways, what do u guys think?

To the people, he was a hero, which was stated at the beginning of the game. If they knew how he came to power, and the fact that it wasn't actually him who ended the war, but Ramza, that would probably change. I think he's a zero, because he didn't really do anything heroic...Or well, not of the same proportion as what Ramza did. His manipulation of everyone and everything was masterful though. I find it surprising that with all the treachery and the super powers floating around, he was not only able to survive, but rise to the status of king. I think Square did a great job with him, but that still doesn't make him a hero.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10152 posts

Aug 22, 2003

Delita's story is a perfect example of the fine line that some heroes are forced to walk: on one side there is the cause, the need to do good, the righteousness; on the other side there is a cause that has faded into the background, the need to give into one's desires, and corruption. After years of discrimination and following the death of his sister, Delita was forced to fight for change, unfortunately, that change would never come from the outside, but from the inside, and he knew this. So he was forced to infiltrate the ranks of the elite and the upper class and upon doing so, he tripped over that fine line and fell into the side devoid of a cause, good, and righteousness. ANd before he knew it, he had unwittingly become like those he hated.

So was he a hero or not? Well, the game never highlighted just what exactly it was that HE did for the cause, other than take the credit for Ramza's heroics. So my conclusion is that there simply isn't enough evidence to derive a conclusion from, thus, leaving my post conclusionless, lol.

-I know nothing-
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Aug 22, 2003

I suppose this is a job for:

(jumps into phone booth)

Greek Tragedy and the 'ol idea of the Tragic Hero vs. the Epic hero

The way I see it Delita was a tragic hero and Ramza was the Epic hero eventhough he was forgotten.  Delita realizes too late that he cannot go back to being "for the common man" and 'underprivileged' and his illogical bout of rage (knowing that he has become what he hated) he dies at the hands of Ovelia.  Of course she had her reasons for wanting Delita dead.  But on another angle of interpertation Ovelia could have been a tragic hero also.....didn't want to be used and wanted 'piece of mind' or happiness, but realized that she couldn't have that just because she was a princesss in the position nearest to power.  And because of that fact that made her an object that others needed to posses to gain that power.

Truly a deep game...this could go on for hours..... 

"Moonwhatcher didn't know what to do next, but he would think of something."
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Aug 22, 2003
I think the whole story was pretty trite. Much better than most RPG stories, but story doesn't matter that much to me, anyway.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes