Nov 22 2003
By: Janocat~ First Son 14 posts

Connection in Storyline between FFX-2 and VII ? Is this official? **Caution, X-2 Spoilers**

13 replies 3 views Edited Nov 22, 2003

Here's a neat tidbit:

I just read this online on a square-enix/ff information site. It discusses the link between the Final Fantasy  X-2 storyline as a prelude to Final Fantasy VII. Have any of you heard any other information on this? I've been trying to do some research here and can't seem to find any further info.

The link to this article is: http://individual.utoronto.ca/mkhan/squarenews/articlesconnection.html

FF7/FFX STORY CONNECTION

Posted on 09.08.2003 by Sifar

A while back, a guide was released by DigiCube for Final Fantasy X-2 titled "Final Fantasy X-2: Ultimania Guide". The book shed some light on the story connection between Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X. In FFX-2, there is a character by the name of Shinra who helps the Gullwings (Yuna's team) hunt for spheres all around Spira. Eventually, Shinra leaves the Gullwings and starts a new project to extract Mako from the Far planes. The project was financed by the al bhed Rin and was fairly successful. However, technology hadn't advanced far enough in Spira for them to use Mako worldwide.

Many years into the future, the descendants of Shinra (from FFX-2) went to a new planet and used his teachings to draw Mako out of the new planet, cue Final Fantasy 7. So apparently the FFX series is somewhat a prequel to FF7.

This idea was just shown in the Ultimania guide and was not shown in any of the games mentioned above. The connection is fairly interesting and would have been even more interesting if it were in the games. 

********************************************************************************

I can also see evidence of this link in the following article:

http://www.squareinsider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3917&st=0

Now, how wicked is that? Has anyone found any further elaboration on this? Any evidence it will come up as a sub plot in Advent Children?

Hmm... tasty.

Message 1 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Re: Connection in Storyline between FFX-2 and VII ? Is this official? **Caution, X-2 Spoilers**

Nov 22, 2003
no... ffx-2 is a sequel to ffx... it has nothing to do with ffvii..... welcome to the boards
Message 2 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4748 posts

Re: Connection in Storyline between FFX-2 and VII ? Is this official? **Caution, X-2 Spoilers**

Nov 22, 2003

,Janocat wrote:

Here's a neat tidbit:

I just read this online on a square-enix/ff information site. It discusses the link between the Final Fantasy  X-2 storyline as a prelude to Final Fantasy VII. Have any of you heard any other information on this? I've been trying to do some research here and can't seem to find any further info.

The link to this article is: http://individual.utoronto.ca/mkhan/squarenews/articlesconnection.html

FF7/FFX STORY CONNECTION

A while back, a guide was released by DigiCube for Final Fantasy X-2 titled "Final Fantasy X-2: Ultimania Guide". The book shed some light on the story connection between Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X. In FFX-2, there is a character by the name of Shinra who helps the Gullwings (Yuna's team) hunt for spheres all around Spira. Eventually, Shinra leaves the Gullwings and starts a new project to extract Mako from the Far planes. The project was financed by the al bhed Rin and was fairly successful. However, technology hadn't advanced far enough in Spira for them to use Mako worldwide.

Many years into the future, the descendants of Shinra (from FFX-2) went to a new planet and used his teachings to draw Mako out of the new planet, cue Final Fantasy 7. So apparently the FFX series is somewhat a prequel to FF7.

This idea was just shown in the Ultimania guide and was not shown in any of the games mentioned above. The connection is fairly interesting and would have been even more interesting if it were in the games. 

********************************************************************************

Now, how wicked is that? Has anyone found any further elaboration on this? Any evidence it will come up as a sub plot in Advent Children?

Hmm... tasty.

Not likely. Remember how Cid was the first man into space? Yeah. That completely proves that theory wrong.
Badger Badger Badger Badger... Snake!
Message 3 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9595 posts

Nov 22, 2003
yes...
Hideo Kojima, "You're looking at the key to winning the console war."

Message 4 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Nov 22, 2003
That just sounds like fanfiction to me. There is no conection between the two games.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 5 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9595 posts

Nov 22, 2003
not between ffx to ffvii, but ffx-2 to ffvii
Hideo Kojima, "You're looking at the key to winning the console war."

Message 6 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Nov 22, 2003
yea, but if ffvii has nothing to do with ffx then it would be hard to make it have anything to do with ffx-2...
Message 7 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8485 posts

Nov 22, 2003

,Janocat wrote:

Here's a neat tidbit:

FF7/FFX STORY CONNECTION

Hmm... tasty.

A good fanfic to me.
**Adding squareinsider.com to rumor place category**
Message 8 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

Nov 23, 2003

*Spoiler*

actually, after you go to the farplane to fight vegnagun, when you u get to the abyss (flower field) go back to the airship and if you talk to shinra he'll say something like "there is alot of energy comming from the farplane, and maybe someday we'll be able to a make it into a  usable energy source, but it will be generations from now" (something like that) and if you think about it they never once said the actuall name of the planet in ffvii and maybe president shinra from vii is the descendent of the shinra in x-2.... maybe just maybe their connected

PM me for sig requests
Message 9 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 23, 2003

thats cool as hell, but we saw happens to sequals!!

Message 10 of 14 (3 Views)
0 Likes