Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
879 posts

Re: CTB or ATB?

Nov 17, 2003

most of the time i prefer the atb to ctb, but in some cases i would rather be playing a ctb game. like when your fighting a boss and your a little over half way done and you really need to heal but after you pick to use a potion the boss attacks you and kills you before u actually use it... that just frustrates me sometimes, but overall i prefer the atb because it kind of adds an intensity to the battles and u cant just sit there pressing x,x,x,x,x,x, over and over again, you actually have to pay attention. i especially liked kingdom hearts' battle system because it's more realistic.

PM me for sig requests
Message 11 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Nov 17, 2003

,*Shana* wrote:

most of the time i prefer the atb to ctb, but in some cases i would rather be playing a ctb game. like when your fighting a boss and your a little over half way done and you really need to heal but after you pick to use a potion the boss attacks you and kills you before u actually use it... that just frustrates me sometimes, but overall i prefer the atb because it kind of adds an intensity to the battles and u cant just sit there pressing x,x,x,x,x,x, over and over again, you actually have to pay attention. i especially liked kingdom hearts' battle system because it's more realistic.

me 2. i thought it was much more interesting, and real. i mean, when you get into a battle, do you change to a different screen, and everyone lines up and takes turn fighting? no! in kh, if an enemy shows up, everyone charges em. sure, i like the old ways, but this way is more fun. heheh.

"Tell me friend, you ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"
Message 12 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Nov 18, 2003

,FF_Master777 wrote:

,*Shana* wrote:

me 2. i thought it was much more interesting, and real. i mean, when you get into a battle, do you change to a different screen, and everyone lines up and takes turn fighting? no! in kh, if an enemy shows up, everyone charges em. sure, i like the old ways, but this way is more fun. heheh.

They should make a FF that has a battle system like KH but also like FFVII-FFX.
Message 13 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
913 posts

Nov 18, 2003
I like them both but if I have to choose I'd say CTB because I always feel rushed in ATB. It's good to feel rushed sometime through.
Message 14 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8483 posts

Nov 18, 2003

,bloody dove wrote:

I'm probably alone here but I like the battle system from FFX. Yeah it's not realistic but neither is a lot of things in the FF world.

The battle system in FFX uses more strategy and thought, and that's what I like about it.

But for example, the battle system in FFX-2 isn't that realistic either because ppl are getting hurt while you're picking out commands. That's not realistic either. Nobody takes a full 3-4 seconds to decide what to do meanwhile your friend is getting beat up.  At least in FFX you could take your time and think it through and nobody gets hurt while you're deciding.

Also, in FFX-2's battle system, you don't have time to really notice what you're doing and the results of it. Also, you don't have time to enjoy the different costumes cause while you're trying to pick out a costume, your team is getting beaten up. And when you have a costume on, you don't have time to really look at the girls and their costumes because everything is so frantic.

my thought is opposite to yours haha...
I think that turn based is less realistic. "Oh hold on, don't hit me, let me think about my next move first, it might take a couple of hours, we never know."
ATB is a lot more fun, there's too much turned based RPG here. I start getting sick of them.
ATB is not less strategic by the way.

Edit: At least all my favourite RPGs are ATB.

Message Edited by kknd on 11-18-2003 02:56 AM

Message 15 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes